GDT: Hawks @ Vegas 9pm ESPN + 4-16-24

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
That goal was on Nazar. Rookie mistake. He will learn. I like the kid. And it was a beautiful shot.

Equal blame to be shared by Nazar, Jones, and Mrazek. Nazar needs to take a different approach to that puck on the wall, Jones needs to close that angle off much better and not let him move towards the middle, and Mrazek just needs to stay on his feet there and let the puck hit him.

Reactions: hockeydoug

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I think Bedard is tired and probably tired of losing. He's never had to experience a NHL season and is probably operating on fumes......"the future looks bright, got to wear shades".....bring on the Lindstrom sweepstakes!

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
I think Bedard is tired and probably tired of losing. He's never had to experience a NHL season and is probably operating on fumes......"the future looks bright, got to wear shades".....bring on the Lindstrom sweepstakes!
Then again he's...18! Kid lives to play hockey. Should have energy to burn.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hey even superstars make mistakes
. Butvon good teams their team-mates cover for them and/or the goalie baiks out the mistake or gaffe..

Jones is not consistent enough with defensive brilliance to be a very good cover up guy for others' mistakes and when $9.5 errs himself usually nobody can bail him out...even Vlasic who was excellent the first half of tge season eventually ground down by his pairing with $9.5...

So not going to flail in Nazar for 1 boo-boo..but at least he tries in the d-zobe too though not always successfully...Bedard on the other hand has a long long long way tobgo to be a shotcsuporession center who then can transition tatger than a futile watcher and chaser spending too long in thecd-zone and seeing too many pucks fly into the Hawks net on his shifts.(do not think so? That ugly plus/minus in ES backs me up.Hecwill havecto learn to be much better in checking in the d-zone.
Nazar looks more actually speedy so there is hope he can eventualkyvrefibe that with smarter checking ..WITH Bedard not sure will ever be great in thecd-zobe...hecwill need to way outscore hodcd-flaws to get into positive territory

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Foligno is just running on empty. At his age, he should be getting an easier workload than what he's gotten.

Not a big deal provided this team gets a little deeper up front next season. And with Nazar here and Hall and AA hopefully playing the majority of the season, it shouldn't be a problem. Also adding Celebrini and Kane would help.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Foligno is just running on empty. At his age, he should be getting an easier workload than what he's gotten.

Not a big deal provided this team gets a little deeper up front next season. And with Nazar here and Hall and AA hopefully playing the majority of the season, it shouldn't be a problem. Also adding Celebrini and Kane would help.
No AA please

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Hall is cooked

Reactions: scorehawks

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I stand by that. Having Leonard for Moore and Nazar would be a great deal for the Hawks. That was in the height of Nazar injury uncertainty. Hats off to me for suggesting a great deal.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
He's getting older. Getting worn down easier. Playing 72 games, heavy minutes, at going on 37 years old. And he has played a rough and tough game his entire career. Makes sense, IMO.
I'm actually shocked that we didn't see more games/shifts like this from Foligno given the age, mileage, and style.

While Richardson shocked me with how poorly he's done, one of the things I knocked him for early was leaning on Foligno for too many tough shifts in general. I don't expect Foligno to have anywhere near the year he had this year next year, but he held up much better than I would have guessed and Richardson didn't screw up leaning on him. It kills me to say it, but Richardson got that part right overall on the year.

Hall is cooked
It will be a half decade plus since he was a legitimate first line player. It will be interesting to see what's left.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think Leonard is easily the best player of the 3, but for a team devoid of talent I'm not moving both for him.
Yea. But if you’re gonna pull up receipts for a “gotcha” that one isn’t that unreasonable.

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yea. But if you’re gonna pull up receipts for a “gotcha” that one isn’t that unreasonable.
Wasn't even meant to be a gotcha. Just pulled the first message you had said that started the argument so ChiHawks10 could go back and read the arguement about Nazar being traded.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
The gotcha wasn't really targeted at you I don't think. It was another person who went bonkers defending trading Nazar like 3 or 4 pages later.
Was this in the prospect thread? I recall a poster constantly knocking Nazar for his production compared to McGroarty and Brindley and for Nazar not being on the #1 PP unit.

I stand by that. Having Leonard for Moore and Nazar would be a great deal for the Hawks. That was in the height of Nazar injury uncertainty. Hats off to me for suggesting a great deal.
Get over yourself. It would not be a "great" deal for the Hawks.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Was this in the prospect thread? I recall a poster constantly knocking Nazar for his production compared to McGroarty and Brindley and for Nazar not being on the #1 PP unit.

Get over yourself. It would not be a "great" deal for the Hawks.
Might have been. You can go back in this thread and click on the post with the trade proposal and read through that thread if you want. Post #60.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I even remember thinking after his slow start to his sophomore year like.. damn maybe he just will never be the same, but we just had to ride it out and hope for the best. Trading him wasn't an option. You wouldn't get the value back.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Definitely went through it with Nazar. Loved then hated all the secrecy around his injury. Panick sold and then this year he’s been great no doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad