Rumor: Hawks trading for Yakupov (upd: nope)

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
How do you bring out the best in a guy that doesn't know where to be on the ice? This is basic positioning / responsibility we're talking about here.

How did Q make Viktor Stalberg look like an adequate player here?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's nice to look back at a thread and not have to hide my head in the sand. I didn't want Yak and I'm glad we didn't get him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
How did Q make Viktor Stalberg look like an adequate player here?

imo, by constantly banging home the thought process of play, your position and keep that position responsibility simple. be in the right place at the right time. as hard as the urge to wonder, minimize it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
We only dodged a bullet to the extent that Bowman would have given anything of value to acquire Yak.

Zero chance that Q would play him regularly.

many are assuming that Yak would be the same player as he is in Stl.

i can't go there, there are too many factors involve that can make it a difference.

player/peer pressure. the leadership of the team, the skill set of the teammates, and most importantly, Q.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hitchcock has nothing to do with it. Yak doesn't listen to coaches, period. He just wants to "play his game." Which he'll soon be doing in the KHL.

my initial response to this is "how do you know". the whole facts are not out there. only peoples rumors.

this reminds me of the psychology of a rumor - bottom line causes and consequences and the intent of the person.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
He's a limited offensive player but he's had the misfortune of playing under a couple coaches who don't know how/won't use a guy like Yak.

excellent. the main problem, he was over hyped and Edm didn't know how to adapt and overcome, as the military would say.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
my initial response to this is "how do you know". the whole facts are not out there. only peoples rumors.

this reminds me of the psychology of a rumor - bottom line causes and consequences and the intent of the person.

Of course none of us are in the room, but read the Oiler / Blues fans impressions of him over the last three years -- seems clear that is an issue

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
How do you bring out the best in a guy that doesn't know where to be on the ice? This is basic positioning / responsibility we're talking about here.

it all goes to the coaches systems he uses.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I really don't know much about Yakupov except the basics and some of what's being said of him on the main board right now. I thought it would be interesting conversation. I KNOW it won't happen, but if the Blues offered the Hawks:

* Yakupov for Kruger straight up, would you do it if you were Bowman?

I just want gauge Yakupov's worth ... and how the League views Kruger.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I really don't know much about Yakupov except the basics and some of what's being said of him on the main board right now. I thought it would be interesting conversation. I KNOW it won't happen, but if the Blues offered the Hawks:

Hell no. Kruger is a useful player, Yak is not. Does the 500k in salary difference make up for that?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Hell no.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Crazy talk.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Sounds like a HARD no to Yakupov. It sounds like we dodged a bullet. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Hahaha, even I wouldn't do that.

Now Kruger for Drouin would have been nice last year.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

only if they gave the hawks an 2nd round to go with it.

improve thru attrition, excellent strategy.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Hahaha, even I wouldn't do that.

Now Kruger for Drouin would have been nice last year.

Well, I was one of the idiots who felt Drouin wouldn't change his ways. I get the big GONG for that opinion.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
He's an RFA.

semantics .... the possibility of turning it around, and in my plan, getting a 2nd rounder is a plus.

who knows, the 2nd round player, can be worth something in later yrs.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
semantics .... the possibility of turning it around, and in my plan, getting a 2nd rounder is a plus.

who knows, the 2nd round player, can be worth something in later yrs.

I honestly don't know much about Yakupov. I was just trying to gauge his value. It sounds like a lot of NHL fans have given up on him regardless of his untapped potential.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I honestly don't know much about Yakupov. I was just trying to gauge his value. It sounds like a lot of NHL fans have given up on him regardless of his untapped potential.

the biggest problem is, that thing on his shoulder.

but serious, his 15 + goals is good, and he has the making of more, in the right environment. i can see a plus / plus results, if not, he moves on, but prob will go to russia. then the hawks will take that extra money and give it to the breadman.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
the biggest problem is, that thing on his shoulder.

but serious, his 15 + goals is good, and he has the making of more, in the right environment. i can see a plus / plus results, if not, he moves on, but prob will go to russia. then the hawks will take that extra money and give it to the breadman.

If the Hawks want to get rid of Krugers cap hit they could surely do it this offseason through trade or the expansion draft. Kruger helps this team more than Yak would.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If the Hawks want to get rid of Krugers cap hit they could surely do it this offseason through trade or the expansion draft. Kruger helps this team more than Yak would.

sure, if they will add more to the pkg to make a pkg to entice the other team to make the trade.

but i see can see your point, esp if you added the defense that will be giving up in kruger departure.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
sure, if they will add more to the pkg to make a pkg to entice the other team to make the trade.

but i see can see your point, esp if you added the defense that will be giving up in kruger departure.

I don't think the Hawks would have to add to Kruger to move him, ala Bickell. Now they might not get a lot for him, but I don't think he has negative value and would therefore have to add to the package to get a team to take him. Not that I want to move him in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad