Rumor: Hawks trading for Yakupov (upd: nope)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
semantics .... the possibility of turning it around, and in my plan, getting a 2nd rounder is a plus.

who knows, the 2nd round player, can be worth something in later yrs.

So lose Kruger off the team for the rest of the year, send him directly to our main rivals so he can shut down the Party line in the playoffs. Then in order to retain his rights in the offseason, we would have to qualify him at 2.5mil or lose his rights completely.

Doesn't sound too great for saving 500k.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don't think the Hawks would have to add to Kruger to move him, ala Bickell. Now they might not get a lot for him, but I don't think he has negative value and would therefore have to add to the package to get a team to take him. Not that I want to move him in the first place.

a salary hit of 3 mil.... i think that they would have too,

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
So lose Kruger off the team for the rest of the year, send him directly to our main rivals so he can shut down the Party line in the playoffs. Then in order to retain his rights in the offseason, we would have to qualify him at 2.5mil or lose his rights completely.

Doesn't sound too great for saving 500k.

you are keying on a savings of 500k, i am not. i am keying on a potential break of a player, plus a 2nd rnd pick.

now if he really stinks up the place, he will be non tendered and use the money for a better use, panarin.

i can see yak, hartman even hino on the 3rd line.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm not going to key in on Yakupov figuring it out..seems like a lost cause at this point.

Roll with Kruger for this season, trade or buy him out in the off-season.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm not going to key in on Yakupov figuring it out..seems like a lost cause at this point.

Roll with Kruger for this season, trade or buy him out in the off-season.

you know, you are right. it is not SB is talking to anyone, we were just spinning our wheels for conversation.

thanks

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
There were better and cheaper reclamation projects than Yakupov available this off-season.

Parenteau, Connelly, Gagne, etc.

I still think Yakupov can be and NHL regular, even if he caps out as a Stalberg or Grabner. But he needs to apply himself and needs a coach that can get through to him.

Running off to the KHL is an easier option tho, so he may just do that.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
There were better and cheaper reclamation projects than Yakupov available this off-season.

I still think Yakupov can be and NHL regular, even if he caps out as a Stalberg or Grabner. But he needs to apply himself and needs a coach that can get through to him.

i agree, i think next yr he is khl. i do not think he would want to take a drastic pay cut. so start all over in russia.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Stalberg and Grabner are both much better players away from the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad