GDT: Hawks @ Stars last day of the pre celebrini year of 24’ 7pm 12/31/23 NBC sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
The PP is horrible.

But, what killed it tonight is crap you don't even do 5v5, just throwing the puck away to a wall that's got a Dallas player waiting...and they did that a bunch of times. Just braindead play and lack of awareness all around.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The question KD must decide on is whether to plan another fiasco designed Tank Year next season to set us up again for another high draft pick in roubd1 OR whether Top Brass orders him to end the pain of Hawks fans going into depression having to watch such over-matched "contests" by the inept hapless Blackhawks ,by
going deep into the ufa market to add at least 5-6 actualky competent pkayers for next season..

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
The PP is horrible.

But, what killed it tonight is crap you don't even do 5v5, just throwing the puck away to a wall that's got a Dallas player waiting...and they did that a bunch of times. Just braindead play and lack of awareness all around.
The entire team has been bad tonite but Phillips, Tinordi and Bedard have been the worst

Another lost face off to start a pp

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I predicted Dallas would shellac us tonight..but I at least wanted a couple of goals from us ...for show...and I hoped they would come from Bedard in a rebound from his awful game last game. But ...nada..complete no show surrender by Hawks...and by Bedard..

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
The entire team has been bad tonite but Phillips, Tinordi and Bedard have been the worst

Another lost face off to start a pp

Yeah. I don't expect Bedard to win all these defensive battles or anything but as a C he has to at the very least be involved position wise and not make costly moves in the wrong spot in his zone or on transition. He's had a ton of shifts this past month that are more like a cherry picking winger than an elite C, and many of those shifts the puck ended up in our net. You just don't want the bad habits to stick and they shouldn't be ignored when they're happening every game.

Reactions: Backyard Hockey

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah. I don't expect Bedard to win all these defensive battles or anything but as a C he has to at the very least be involved position wise and not make costly moves in the wrong spot in his zone or on transition. He's had a ton of shifts this past month that are more like a cherry picking winger than an elite C, and many of those shifts the puck ended up in our net. You just don't want the bad habits to stick and they shouldn't be ignored when they're happening every game.
Call it an overreaction but Bedard's bad habits are a bit alarming for my liking.

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Call it an overreaction but Bedard's bad habits are a bit alarming for my liking.

I get that we suck at offense and need our best at their best....but it's an Oiler's mentality to give up responsibility for points. If you're rebuilding and your best talents aren't held to a standard you're in for trouble down the line. Centers and "offensive" D have to be responsible regardless of the stat line.

Reactions: BobbyJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad