GDT: Hawks @ Stars last day of the pre celebrini year of 24’ 7pm 12/31/23 NBC sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
This team sucks and it has nothing to do with coaching.

I have said it before, it's easy to tear a team down for draft picks but very difficult to build a winner from the bottom up.

Just ask Yzerman!
Two this are true at once. This team sucks. And coaching is making them suck worse

Reactions: hockeydoug

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Honest question. Do we see Bedard as a C in this league or a winger? He does amazing things but his 200’ and D game are non existant and he can’t win faceoffs.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Honest question. Do we see Bedard as a C in this league or a winger? He does amazing things but his 200’ and D game are non existant and he can’t win faceoffs.
Center of course. It's not like he's struggling.

Faceoffs will come over time. Young centers usually struggle with faceoffs. McDavid was putrid at them when he came into the league.

Bedard is pretty good defensively. He'll never be Selke level, but that's not his game. I think as the season goes on, and the team continues to be ass, he's probably taken the foot off the gas regarding his defensive responsibilities. But once the games start to matter, I think he'll kick into high gear.

ytsejam

May 15, 2023
1000011219.jpg

Loser Hawks just landed in Nashville.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The #1 issue with young, YOUNG teams is consistency. Everybody on this site should know it.

If people would watch this season as if it was an extented preseason, annoyance and rrustration would decreased.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Bedard is a center. He understands how to be on the right side of the puck. His effort in his own zone isn’t consistent. But I have no questions about what he is long term.

Center is probably the hardest role in hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad