Confirmed with Link: Hawks re-sign Roszival, Mashinter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
That is the problem. Q falls in love with them, overplays them, ignores their faults, and out the first round we go again.

You can thank Toews (10.5 mill)for losing in the first round. Backes destroyed him the entire series.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
Again, I have to ask if you've watched this team over the last several years.

Because anybody that has is quite aware of the coach's addiction to overplaying depth plugs well beyond their worth, generally at the expense of younger players with a higher potential ceiling.

Their signing has nothing to do with that. If any of this years crops of rookies don't cut it to Q's standards, he would play someone else that I'm sure people would grumble about and the blame would then shift to them.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Mash is a 3rd line AHL player. He is not a NHL player. He brings nothing and hurts the team when he is on the ice. His puck pursuit is garbage, he is not fast, he loses his man in the defensive zone, and doesn't fight. He literally brings nothing.

Oh really. How about Mashinter playing over Panik and Weise? Or how about playing Versteeg/Nordstrom over TT/Vermette? Q has not shown this pattern at all.

I think he gets it within a pattern, and then Mash can play, like Wwise was nothing. Panik could have played more.
I hear ya and I still can't believe he benched TT and Vermette one game, but ok. I am jsut saying it's not as bad, Q is not as bad, as you are saying. A pro coach v us. I go Q.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Interesting research. However, I'm not sure how it relates to my point about cheaper players keep better ones out of the league. For example Rosival at 600,000 will likely keep a more expensive Pokka in the minors. The total number of players in the league is not effected.

The Hawks dressed 11 rookies last year for about 350 reg and postseason games played. I don't know what type of system makes it better for rookies and young players to break into the league, on a big spending contender, than the system they have right now.

Besides the rookies, you had Sekac, Teravainen, Darling, Panik, etc. all eating up minutes a contender like Chicago would have had late 20 through late 30 vets eating up 15 years ago.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
They resigned Q-guy Mayers for 13'. He didn't get in the way of anything. If the team is good enough, we won't see these guys.

Only part of the problem is that Q will use them. The truth is that most of these young guys aren't all that good and won't be with the dozens of they may lose to either one of these depth signings.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think he gets it within a pattern, and then Mash can play, like Wwise was nothing. Panik could have played more.
I hear ya and I still can't believe he benched TT and Vermette one game, but ok. I am jsut saying it's not as bad, Q is not as bad, as you are saying. A pro coach v us. I go Q.

Weise was 10x the player Mashinter was. While he did not produce like we hoped he did not hurt the team being in the line up, Mashinter did. The fact that you think Mashinter is a NHL player scares me.

You are right he is an NHL coach and I am just a washed out junior player but Q's major flaw as a coach is picking his boys and playing them. Examples being Mashinter and Rosi.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Just got out of the shower and turn the computer on after a long day at work an evening fishing and this is what i had to look forward to before bedtime? I honestly cannot believe it.

I am at a loss folks...i read a little of the first thread, not much to say. Does this management want to go back to the days of dollar Bill?

Thought we are cap strapped? no? unless i'm missing something such as both are now signed and good trade bait?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Those may be the worst contracts Bowman handed out... worse than Bickell, worse than Handzus, worse than Rozy last year.

Could have others at that same Price who suck as much but maybe with a Chance to find a gem. You know, like the 1st Bickell contract. Guaranteed Money for a Chance.

Why not just sign McNeill to a 1 way 600k 2 year deal and tell him he is safe in the NHL? That's better than Mashinter. It worked with Bickell.
Why not just go with a UDFA that will be cheaper than Rozy. At least that guy could skate

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Mash & Roz

Kind of glad to see Mash back. The whole team is softer than a baby's behind----even more so without Shaw. I was hoping Rozy would hang them up after last year, but apparently Stan likes the cheap depth. I guarantee his playoff time will be virtually none unless injuries mount.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What has Mash done in his time here to make you think he brings any sort of grit? He's bad at hockey and he doesn't even bring a physical element. At least Bollig brought a wicked wrister and a couple entertaining fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad