Confirmed with Link: Hawks re-sign Roszival, Mashinter

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It does show you how lucky we are as a fan base. Other fans are *****ing about their teams trading their best players. We are *****ing about signing 13th forward and 6/7th Dman.

Positions that've had huge parts in our eliminations from playoff series since 2011

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I don't understand how anybody could have watched the Blackhawks over the last several seasons and STILL be under the delusion that Q will only play Rozsival and Mashinter in these incredibly limited roles. Like, every arguing this, you have an amazing ability to convince yourself of absolute bull**** in the name of optimism and fandom. It would be kind of admirable, if it wasn't so sad...

It's insanity. Every summer we hear the same defenses of these nonsense moves, and every year, we've got Rozsival and useless plug X sucking up ice time during the regular season that COULD be used to get a new, young guy with a far higher ceiling acclimated and assimilated.... only for both of Q's toys to inevitably be exposed by the run to the playoffs, leaving the Blackhawks forced to either a) deal assets at the TDL to fill the hole or b) play a reduced roster because those guys Q COULD have acclimated during the drudge of the regular season obviously can't be trusted to get thir first taste of the NHL in the heat of the playoffs.

Some people here just aren't great at pattern recognition, I guess...
Last year Mash maybe. Rozy, his 20+ games were already talked about. He was good early on IMO. THe man crush is over as another posted.

I can tell ya Rozy is #7 if Kempy can play and be the 4-5 we hear he is. I will bet you $10 the consensus on this board is what Q will play in terms of can Kempy cut it. If we see he is solid AND we sign Soupy, he is 7 and will play about 20 games max barring inj. Are you saying otherwise?

Mash plays a 4th line NHL game. He won't make any terrible TO's but he doesn't do much moving the puck etc, I get that. The rozy thing Q has been rock solid in usage. You can't ask for more. Q has shown me a pattern of if he has better guys he plays them.

Anyway, I don't get your post. I don't think we will see kids rocking it and then get sent down and MAsh plays if that is what you are trying to say.

Dano sucked. Hard for us. I know I was onto that and so was BWC. You could tell he was done with us. I don't see anything wrong there. Ras could play, he stuck. I don't get what you are talking about.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Mash plays a 4th line NHL game. He won't make any terrible TO's but he doesn't do much moving the puck etc, I get that.

Mash is a 3rd line AHL player. He is not a NHL player. He brings nothing and hurts the team when he is on the ice. His puck pursuit is garbage, he is not fast, he loses his man in the defensive zone, and doesn't fight. He literally brings nothing.

Q has shown me a pattern of if he has better guys he plays them.

Oh really. How about Mashinter playing over Panik and Weise? Or how about playing Versteeg/Nordstrom over TT/Vermette? Q has not shown this pattern at all.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
This is one of the things that I hate about the cap era. Inferior players who play for cheap keep better guys out of the league.

1991 661 skaters dressed for NHL games 31.5 skaters/team
2001 884 skaters dressed for NHL games 29.5 skaters/team
2016 898 skaters dressed for NHL games 29.9 skaters/team

It's about the same, it's just perception.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Is there a minimum salary in NHL? Anyway, I will also wait for Stan's call now.

Seriously. I would also be willing to stand just off to the side of the net and watch, unmoving, as opposing players pound shots at our goal for roughly 500,000k.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
1991 661 skaters dressed for NHL games 31.5 skaters/team
2001 884 skaters dressed for NHL games 29.5 skaters/team
2016 898 skaters dressed for NHL games 29.9 skaters/team

It's about the same, it's just perception.

Interesting research. However, I'm not sure how it relates to my point about cheaper players keep better ones out of the league. For example Rosival at 600,000 will likely keep a more expensive Pokka in the minors. The total number of players in the league is not effected.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
Is there a minimum salary in NHL? Anyway, I will also wait for Stan's call now.

Pretty sure Mash signed for the minimum.

The overreaction in this thread is typical of some of the spoiled fans. These contracts mean nothing and these players mean nothing in the big picture. These are no risk contracts that add depth. Now I get people have their opinions on if these depth players are needed or if there are better options out there in the system, but these signings do absolutely nothing to hurt the team.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Pretty sure Mash signed for the minimum.

The overreaction in this thread is typical of some of the spoiled fans. These contracts mean nothing and these players mean nothing in the big picture. These are no risk contracts that add depth. Now I get people have their opinions on if these depth players are needed or if there are better options out there in the system, but these signings do absolutely nothing to hurt the team.

Again, I have to ask if you've watched this team over the last several years.

Because anybody that has is quite aware of the coach's addiction to overplaying depth plugs well beyond their worth, generally at the expense of younger players with a higher potential ceiling.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
"Depth" implies talent. If there's no talent then that player isn't a "depth" guy he's just at best a useless waste of a roster spot and at worst he's actually sees minutes on this team and his net affect is very, very negative.

These two bring nothing to the team. It's laughable you'd even say depth in the same sentence as them.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I guess the only bright spot with Rozy is he helps ease Kempny in as a fellow Czech. Other than that..

Mashinter is even worse.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I'll stand by the net and actually block shots if they want to pay me. Never played a day in my life, but I guarantee I'm a better skater than Rozy.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Mash is not even in the hemisphere of being an NHL player. 13 or otherwise. Cannot skate, refuses to hit or engage in contact, hands like Hossa on a breakaway (stone), and won't even do what he is here for which is protect star players. No reason what so ever for him to be on the Hawks roster. No redeeming value at all.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Who cares? If they suck we send them to Rockford and they count zero against the cap. Only danger is that Q falls in love with them again.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Oh ****, not the news I wanted to hear.

These are the moves that kill the youth movement that should have started in 2013...cant elieve these two plugs will again block youth from.playing and learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad