GDT: Hawks quest to repeat falls five wins short

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Then what? You have clowns on more than one pairing? I'm not going to fault him for that.

Why don't you blame him for the stuff that was his fault? There's plenty to chose from.

when sea brook and oduya **** the bed in the first so often...you change to sea brook/keith, hammer/oduya, rosy/leddy....

coach Q did not see that and he did cost the hawks the game...how can't his coaching crew/consultants recognize that...?

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Habs fan passing by.

I feel your pain, I understand your frustration.

Your team fought hard, played tough and deserved a better fate. Sometimes hockey is won based on who has a better team, better goaltending and coached better. Other times, you watch a bounce go against you and wonder what happened. Nothing to be ashamed of and a future of 10+ years to look forward to.

Well done, Chicago! Best of luck in the future!

member 151739

Crying. Whatever. Happy for the most part coming this far again.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not mad, just depressed.

That being said, mildly ticked that our chances for a dynasty are killed and the Kings are on the verge of surpassing us as the most dominant team of the era if they win their second in three.... small gripe, I guess, but meh....

On top of that sadly our division is getting better every year

Who knows how close they will get in future :(

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
What a joke, so many blown leads. Team needs some shut down D guys, maybe Stephen Johns is the answer I don't know but it's totally unacceptable to constantly blow leads like we've done.

Should have been a 5-3 win with an EN tonight. This is rough.

jservs7

Hawks Fan in Tampa
Sponsor
May 27, 2010
On top of that sadly our division is getting better every year

Who knows how close they will get in future :(

With Kane and Toews locked up, I still think we have a few more years to compete.

I think we'll win at least 2 more cups with them here.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
I just hope there's something else we can look forward to in Chicago sports now the Hawks the done. There's none.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Agreed. Besides not being much of a Dustin Brown fan, (he comes off to be a bit of a ******) I respect them.

Not sure to think of what we're going to need in terms of new players, but I think a few new role players will put us back playing for the cup next year.

I think our MO all season long, including the playoffs and tonights loss has been that we couldn't play a full game. hopefully coaching and front office both see this, and address it by finally bringing in some youth. we are literally spilling over with young guys that want a shot to make the team, i say move a few vets for picks, and all the youngins battle for their spots next year.

in my experience there's no greater motivator than fierce competition... we have what like 4-5 young defenders that could compete for a spot, a similar number of forwards... if they let it be known that the best of them will get a spot the cream will rise.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
I had a bad feeling. All night they defended around the net the bad habit way. All of them just gave the kings space. Oh well. Saad looks like a budding superstar.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
when sea brook and oduya **** the bed in the first so often...you change to sea brook/keith, hammer/oduya, rosy/leddy....

coach Q did not see that and he did cost the hawks the game...how can't his coaching crew/consultants recognize that...?

No. It wasn't the pairing that was bad, it was the players. Down the stretch though, Oduya picked up his game quite a bit. That clear he had in front of the net in OT was a great play.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
I knew something bad was gonna happen when Q motioned for Kane to stay on the ice... but with Handzus, Versteeg, etc. Oh well, guys. Nothing to be ashamed about. Game 7 in overtime. We fought back. Just came up short.

Yeah, when I saw that I told my son that they left him on there to put him with Toews and Bickell.

Was pretty surprised to see who was out there with him.

Then the next change Q still skipped Toews' line.

:shakehead

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
just here to congrats seriously

this series? best series of the past decade

both teams deserve to be in the finals, no one can argue that...both!

congrats again, what a crazy team you guys have

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
No. It wasn't the pairing that was bad, it was the players. Down the stretch though, Oduya picked up his game quite a bit. That clear he had in front of the net in OT was a great play.

that pairing was pitiful in the first and second....

cupojoe

Jun 10, 2010
It's so weird because this team has treated us to so much, that when we do lose games like this with these guys... It's like I don't even know how to react or how to respond. Is this what it feels like to be a Canucks/Blues fan?

I know how to respond, and I'm sure with the majority of you being Chicago sports fans, would agree with me. For the most part, we are used to losing, with some 85 Bears, 90's Bulls,and these Hawks sprinkled in. You feel sad, drink a few, then say maybe next year and go to sleep and get over it the next day. Maybe for some it may sting a couple of days but guys....

BEARS OTA ARE IN FULL FORCE!!!!!

:D

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
One thing was made very obvious this series. We desperately need some 3rd-4th line depth. They don't have to be goal scorers, but at least guys who work hard and are decent defensively.

Bollig, Handzus, and Versteeg are absolute trash

Brookbank is fine as a depth D-man but he shouldn't be logging any times at forward.

I know Teuvo will probably be playing with the Hawks next year, but you don't know what you're going to get from him, he'll still be a rookie.

jservs7

Hawks Fan in Tampa
Sponsor
May 27, 2010
The one thing I do keep thinking will change in the near future is the coaching staff.

I'm not a Q basher, but it's just the question of how much longer can the core of players that we have here listen to the methodology of our coaching staff and still have an affect on the players to want to play hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad