GDT: Hawks @ Knights at 5pm CT on NBCSCH - Sphere We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
LuRich does some baffling shit with the roster sometimes.
I had the same reaction, but I do think at least for a young guy like Kaiser sitting out a game occasionally and watching instead can provide a valuable alternative perspective and is good for teaching.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I had the same reaction, but I do think at least for a young guy like Kaiser sitting out a game occasionally and watching instead can provide a valuable alternative perspective and is good for teaching.
I think that’s okay. I think sitting Katchouk for some of these guys is weird.

I thought sitting AA was weird. I think playing him on the 4th line and Dickinson 2nd line is really weird.

The kaiser thing is fine he can sit a game and watch.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I think that’s okay. I think sitting Katchouk for some of these guys is weird.

I thought sitting AA was weird. I think playing him on the 4th line and Dickinson 2nd line is really weird.

The kaiser thing is fine he can sit a game and watch.
When we started hot last year a bunch of people thought LuRich was too good of a coach for us to get Bedard. I wasn't overly impressed last year. Every coach does goofy shit with their roster.

AA sitting absolutely felt to me - and this is total and complete conjecture - like a coach punishing a guy for dogging it in practice or sleeping in and not putting him on blast publicly.

Katchouk has been pretty good in a depth role this year. I wouldn't sit him for Reese or Ent but if he had a lazy practice and we know Reese and Ent never do maybe he's just trying to affirm last year's message that you can get outplayed but you can't get outworked.

Maybe he's being an idiot and playing favorites. Would be nice if we had any semblance of a hockey media that would ask questions like that.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
When we started hot last year a bunch of people thought LuRich was too good of a coach for us to get Bedard. I wasn't overly impressed last year. Every coach does goofy shit with their roster.

AA sitting absolutely felt to me - and this is total and complete conjecture - like a coach punishing a guy for dogging it in practice or sleeping in and not putting him on blast publicly.

Katchouk has been pretty good in a depth role this year. I wouldn't sit him for Reese or Ent but if he had a lazy practice and we know Reese and Ent never do maybe he's just trying to affirm last year's message that you can get outplayed but you can't get outworked.

Maybe he's being an idiot and playing favorites. Would be nice if we had any semblance of a hockey media that would ask questions like that.
I guess I haven't seen enough to make a decision either way on the coach or the GM. Hard to evaluate a coach when the roster is so bad. You can see if your player are improving from before they came here, but that is about it.

Easy for a GM to tear it down. Both are wait and see for me. Helps that Davidson hit the lottery.

Also yeah would love for Laz or Scott to ask roster questions rather than write fluff stories. Guess we are in the minority for that.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Is there an example of any team in any sport in North America at least... thay doesn't say this?

Coaches don't answer or have to answer these questions. You can ask 5 timed and they'll say, It's a personal decision.. or no comment.. and if asked again, "I already answered that"

I see every team have fans say that here, even Toronto where hockey media is supposed to be so involved, but coaches won't answer a question they don't want to answer. There's nothing you can do.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I guess I haven't seen enough to make a decision either way on the coach or the GM. Hard to evaluate a coach when the roster is so bad. You can see if your player are improving from before they came here, but that is about it.

Easy for a GM to tear it down. Both are wait and see for me. Helps that Davidson hit the lottery.

Also yeah would love for Laz or Scott to ask roster questions rather than write fluff stories. Guess we are in the minority for that.
I'm in the same boat about LuRich and Davidson. Demolishing a bathroom or kitchen is easy. Building a new one is where the real work is.

Any coach can take a collection of guys that shouldn't be playing so much and get them to buy into a concept of working hard because a nothing role in the NHL beats the hell out of riding busses and living out of Rockford.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Fans are just as biased about the "correct" lineup decisions. I remember people absolutely losing their minds that Brandon Pirri wasn't getting more play at the 2nd line center when the Hawks were battling for the Cup. 1 career NHL Playoff Game later, it's not hard to see maybe Quenneville knew what he was doing there.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Is there an example of any team in any sport in North America at least... thay doesn't say this?

Coaches don't answer or have to answer these questions. You can ask 5 timed and they'll say, It's a personal decision.. or no comment.. and if asked again, "I already answered that"

I see every team have fans say that here, even Toronto where hockey media is supposed to be so involved, but coaches won't answer a question they don't want to answer. There's nothing you can do.
They really don't have to answer those questions if they're never asked. I'm not asking for gotcha questions or a reporter to constantly be turning the screws. We're not even hearing the fluff non answers though.

Rocky only made headlines because he was offered up a softball fluff question that was really easy to answer that painted the organization and ownership in a positive light. Instead we got that train wreck because a question with a modicum of difficulty was asked.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
They really don't have to answer those questions if they're never asked. I'm not asking for gotcha questions or a reporter to constantly be turning the screws. We're not even hearing the fluff non answers though.

Rocky only made headlines because he was offered up a softball fluff question that was really easy to answer that painted the organization and ownership in a positive light. Instead we got that train wreck because a question with a modicum of difficulty was asked.
"Noticed AA not with the top 4 line rushes. Can you explain what he can do to get back in there or what led to his scratch?"

Its not even a hard question. It was an unexpected scratch. How was he never even asked?

You could phrase it harsher if you wanted to bring up scratching a skilled guy when you are shutout in 2 of 3. But someone has to ask.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
"Noticed AA not with the top 4 line rushes. Can you explain what he can do to get back in there or what led to his scratch?"

Its not even a hard question. It was an unexpected scratch. How was he never even asked?

You could phrase it harsher if you wanted to bring up scratching a skilled guy when you are shutout in 2 of 3. But someone has to ask.
How often was Dylan Strome asked about and what concrete answer was given?

Wait, why did you assume he was never at all asked... This is what Richardson said about AA, what more do you think he will say?

New info

Reactions: d rake

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
How often was Dylan Strome asked about and what concrete answer was given?

Wait, why did you assume he was never at all asked... This is what Richardson said about AA, what more do you think he will say?

New info

Honestly didn't see Ben Pope ask the question so if he did, then good on him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I feel like Pope and Thompson get zero attention and everyone just hates on Laz and Powers. Even though they run the Times and Trib beats, it's kinda faded to obscurity now

Reactions: d rake

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I feel like Pope and Thompson get zero attention and everyone just hates on Laz and Powers. Even though they run the Times and Trib beats, it's kinda faded to obscurity now
Laz is a clown. I don't mind Powers but feels like Laz has polluted him a bit. Scott will atleast do prospect stories and have some video breakdown. Seems like he has learned a bit of the game. Laz hasn't learned shit and just spews nonsense.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Laz is a clown. I don't mind Powers but feels like Laz has polluted him a bit. Scott will atleast do prospect stories and have some video breakdown. Seems like he has learned a bit of the game. Laz hasn't learned shit and just spews nonsense.
Laz just cares about the human interest stories and interviews. He only cares about what player is interesting to interview. Neither are good at hockey understanding but Powers will kinda parrot other athletic writers and is good at the prospect deep dive info.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Laz just cares about the human interest stories and interviews. He only cares about what player is interesting to interview. Neither are good at hockey understanding but Powers will kinda parrot other athletic writers and is good at the prospect deep dive info.
No I mean neither are like intuitive hockey minds but Powers can at least sift through hockey talk/ information and come up with stuff that isn't complete junk.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Pope is one of my first Twitter searches every early afternoon after work he's pretty vanilla but he's a beat reporter and is decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad