GDT: Hawks @ Knights at 5pm CT on NBCSCH - Sphere We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Happy to see them fight back and keep trying even after the rough start, most nights they will be outmatched based on roster construction but showing effort is all I want.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
This season the Hawks are averaging 3 more shots against per game than last year. Given the quality of the competition so far and the youngsters on the back line I think this should be interpreted as progress. Any thoughts to share?

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
Even during a tank season you love to see those types of efforts and wins. Fun way to start the weekend.
I'm just looking for effort. It is another tank season, so I'm not expecting wins, I just want competitive losses. Won't complain about a real big W though!

Reactions: BobbyJet

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well S.Jones had to be goid because with Vladic out early in 2nd period,Hawkschad to pkayv5D only..Seth on a lotvofvice-tine..He had to be let us say better than normal because Murphywas sh*t again..SO easily pantsed...slow and nit verycagike..

Still if S Jones did all that extra service he still has a lousy shot that either misses the net a lot or gets easily blocked... or if it does get through,almost never beats a goalie.. He does not have a $9.5 shot..

Hevisxalsova very average paper inqb'i g a pp..

Abd drfdnsiveky despite beibgvgos mistvifvthiscgane he did makec1 big golf when he left position and went to help get puck out and cleared fron a scrum up at tge pointon tge boards ..Matiralkyvthus back-fired as Vegasxstill win the puck batyke kept it in and fed a completely open man standing justified ourcnet ...If you are going to go help scrum at our left defensive point on the blueline ,you had better win thescrum and get that pick out.. he gambled and lost ..

$9.5 makes those gamblesxand kisescway too much for my liking.

.I thought Kaiserxand Tinordi pkayedctgeir best games ofvtgecseadon so far.
KK had somevgoidcandcdomebpoir moments.. but I did see more physical pkay from him this game.
Kurashev brought spark to thecBrdardvline..
Bedardchadxmomentsvibviouslyy with hiscgoal and drawing that OT penaltyvto Vegas..but also inIT he lazily quit and did not goafterxavkoise puck in the corner...did not matter because Kurashev scored a bit later anyway...butcstill you getcac4×3 you gottaxhustlecaftervooisevpucks not stand and watch.. I an sire LR will tell himaboitvthis..don't do that again.

But anyway folks...we survived Barfy..and his minus 2 contribution and pantserama show again tonight.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Thought Korchinski had a rough first period defensively. After that he settled in and battled. Good game for him overall.

Sucks to lose Vlasic. Hopefully its just for a couple.

Yea as nice as it is to see Bedard (once again) up there, I didn't think he was THAT good tonight.
Really? You can see he has already improved at the dot and I thought he was much more engaged in the defensive zone. He also ran over Marchessault. Could have easily had an assist on that pass from Kurashev to Folgino backdoor.

Reactions: Pez68

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Really? You can see he has already improved at the dot and I thought he was much more engaged in the defensive zone. He also ran over Marchessault.

He went 35% at the dot tonight. No, he was not the second best player on the ice judging by those analytics tonight.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I thought Kaiserxand Tinordi pkayedctgeir best games ofvtgecseadon so far.

Tinordi, sure. Kaiser was not good at all. I didn't even need to read the rest of your dribble after that statement.

He's not getting cleaned out on the draw and plenty of those that he lost were scrambles.

I counted 5 pucks that were 50/50. He was good in the 1st period then wasn't after that. If you wanna argue he isn't losing as many faceoffs cleanly, then sure I'll buy that argument.

Reichel on the other hand ironically has been much better at the dot.

Reactions: Crow

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Tinordi, sure. Kaiser was not good at all. I didn't even need to read the rest of your dribble after that statement.

I counted 5 pucks that were 50/50. He was good in the 1st period then wasn't after that. If you wanna argue he isn't losing as many faceoffs cleanly, then sure I'll buy that argument.

And you gotta remember. If a center can get anything close to a draw at the dot, it becomes a line (team) win or loss. Winning draws often involves most players that are on the ice, not just the guy at the dot.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018

Ironically? Reichel doing well on the one aspect of center play that is more of an individual stat than a team stat and is being iced with Raddysh and Dickenson? Play him with Hall and AA and let’s see what he does.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Ironically? Reichel doing well on the one aspect of center play that is more of an individual stat than a team stat and is being iced with Raddysh and Dickenson? Play him with Hall and AA and let’s see what he does.
Well perhaps but it is time for Reichel to shit or get off the pot. He is playing chicken-shit hockey that just doesn't cut it at the NHL level. Many players have come and (quickly) gone playing that non confrontational style of perimeter hockey.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Well perhaps but it is time for Reichel to shit or get off the pot. He is playing chicken-shit hockey that just doesn't cut it at the NHL level. Many players have come and (quickly) gone playing that non confrontational style of perimeter hockey.
I can guarantee you if he was playing with the generational Canadian or maybe PK instead of the grizzled vets or journeymen he has been saddled with he would have a point and a highlight reel play by this time.

Reactions: Pez68

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Kurashev just bought his time for a couple more months with people here.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I thought they would be 0-8 to start the season with that ridiculous schedule. I know people like to moan but you can’t gripe at 3 wins, the team is playing hard and showing some fight I didn’t expect. This win is big for this team and Bedard, really earned it and will do wonders for the confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad