GDT: Hawks @@ Jets: 7PM CT on NBCSCH -- Star Wars, Nothing but Star Wars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'd prefer you cover every possible scenario Fiddy. Games with 9-2, 8-1, 7-0 type of scores very, very rarely happen in the NHL. So yes, I believe it's a joke of a post.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Could be a rough one.

Winnipeg's aggressive, speedy forecheck gave the Blackhawks headaches when they had better rosters than they do now.... and Winnipeg has only added scoring since.

I did get a kick out of watching Wheeler literally cross the ice just to enter the zone on Seabrook's side last season. Guy's no dummy.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This GDT is wonderful.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Rooh

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I love the GDT image, but we really couldn't pick somebody to be Boba Fett?

Seabrook as Porkins is just *mwuah*. Beautiful.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Thanks to all who've liked and complemented the GDT. See that some Jets fans have even commented/liked it, so good job to our neighbors in the North.

A few little things I'd like to mention about this GDT a minute:
-Jabba the Seabrook came out like ****. Can barely even see Jabba in the picture. But just know that I tried making Seabrook into the slowest, most immovable character in the Star Wars Universe.
-Like Mace Windu, Buff won't be around today. Yippee says all the Hawks players who don't like getting hit by a freight train.
-Including Kane's two faces, I've edited (inserted a face/head) 21 times in the top image. I've probably done at most 5 or 6 in previous images. So, um, that's a lot...
-Again, I am self taught and using gimp, a freebie photoshop clone. I get a lot out of a little.
-No one has mentioned it, but my favorite part of the GDT is the @@ joke. For those unaware, an AT-AT in Star Wars is that big robot on 4 legs at the bottom middle of the top image. And because @ is a slightly shorter way of saying "at", the joke works really well.
-Last thing. I picked this gdt, not realizing that it was for the game right before the new Star Wars movie. When I realized that, I knew what theme it needed to be. I had no idea what it would exactly be, but saw that top image yesterday in google images and did what I could.

Yeah, like we need to have another award handed to the idiot who won the most last year...
But I do question which of my specific themes would be the best. Evil Saad probably ain't winning a whole lot. My dark horse candidate.

You'd have to say "Coming for Wars". "Coming for Star Wars" would also be acceptable.

I appreciate this GDT even more now. I just creeped on all the GDT around the league. Aside from this and the Jets GDT, there isn’t another Star Wars theme GDT. Black Hawk and Jets fans are the nerdiest!!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I appreciate this GDT even more now. I just creeped on all the GDT around the league. Aside from this and the Jets GDT, there isn’t another Star Wars theme GDT. Black Hawk and Jets fans are the nerdiest!!
I just wrote something similar in the main boards GDT. Really freaking odd that the only SW themed GDTs are the ones going head-to-head. The force will obviously play a role in tonight's festivities.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I love the GDT image, but we really couldn't pick somebody to be Boba Fett?

Seabrook as Porkins is just *mwuah*. Beautiful.
I was growing bored with making the image and decided against trying to put faces on top of masks. If I did Boba, I would've felt compelled to also do so with Grievous, Jango, Dumbass C3PO, clone troopers, storm troopers, and the battle droids.

You should just imagine that your coolest current or former Hawk player that isn't already in that image is Boba. Makes it so much easier.

Reactions: JaegerDice

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's always funny to me when opposing fans "come in peace". I would hope that's how it works. Most fans aren't going to come in and start a war ;)

Nothing against you. There were three of you in this thread who did it. :laugh:

I might come into the Jets GDT and say "Coming for war". and see what happens. :)

These aren't the droids you're looking for

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It makes me laugh when I hear so many commentators speak of Blackhawks like they are the force from 3 years ago. The TSN pre-show just did it again.

Guys like Milbury and JR get a lot of criticism but they tell it like they see it.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
PB just said Hawks 7 - 2 in 9 games that Toews has played in Winterpeg. Hope that continues.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Wow! did you guys just see Brian Larsen's home with that spectacular lighting display?....just so awesome.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
tumblr_p0x7n5dZ6p1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_p0x7gmLmIG1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_p0x7ifXFRx1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_p0x7lv1mKd1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

Hawks Expected Lineup:
Leia - Solo - Yoda
Luke - Anisimov- Anakin/Vader
Obi Wan - Hino - Hartman
Bouma - Wingels - Hayden

Padme - Oesterle
Generic Resistance Pilot - Pokka (?)
Murphy - Jabba the Hutt

Starter: Admiral Crowbar

Jets Expected Lineup:
Two First Names - Thiefele - No Wheels
L + ers - Littler than DeBrincat - Not Patrick Kane
Pig - Lowly Adam - Not a Ten(ev)
Perrnault - Cubs pitcher - Joel from the Army

Lessissy - Trouble
Not Coolikuv - Meijers
Chia rots - Poolboy

Starter: Hell(ebuyck)

tumblr_p0m2zwTFMu1w8vvh3o1_1280.png
Note: Top image consists of people who are, or were, a part of the Chicago Blackhawks organization except for Brent Burns (who is way too close to actually being Chewbacca that it felt wrong to put another NHLer in that spot instead of him).

Great job cms...i see Hoss and Oduya in the picture. I really miss Hoss wearing the indian head. Oh well just win.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Winnipeg had Blackhawks' number back when Jets weren't very good. Now, Jets should be a feared team, IMO. A blow-out prediction in tonight's game is not far-fetched. Folks just don't want to hear it.... and I am one of them.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Who the hell is Yoda? Why can't you put correct player names? This sucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad