Rumor: Hawks Interested in T.J. Oshie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
If he can be had for cheap, of course.

Reality, Bowman overpays and signs for 2-3 years too much.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I guarantee you Oshie signs bc Chicago lost 2 of my favorite players so of course they'll replace them with a player I greatly dislike.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I guarantee you Oshie signs bc Chicago lost 2 of my favorite players so of course they'll replace them with a player I greatly dislike.

Why do you dislike Oshie? Just curious. I was always kind of a fan. Was happy when St. Louis traded him.

HawksFan37

Dec 27, 2007
Could be Oshie to RW with Saad and Toews, and then you move Panik to 2nd line LW or 3rd line winger.

Not sure how the $ work without knowing what happens with Hossa.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Didn't Oshie play on the same line with Toews at North Dakota the one season they were together?

I guess maybe if the two are still friends and Oshie is desperate for a Cup he might be willing to come here for less, but that seems like a terrible business decision. Maybe a one year deal, take a run at a Cup, and then still be able to cash in long term next year. But even that is risky.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Didn't Oshie play on the same line with Toews at North Dakota the one season they were together?

I guess maybe if the two are still friends and Oshie is desperate for a Cup he might be willing to come here for less, but that seems like a terrible business decision. Maybe a one year deal, take a run at a Cup, and then still be able to cash in long term next year. But even that is risky.

Very risky. He can get injured and have a down year and his stock will drop. The time to cash in for Oshie is now. I'll be very surprised and ecstatic if he comes here though, lol

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Very risky. He can get injured and have a down year and his stock will drop. The time to cash in for Oshie is now. I'll be very surprised and ecstatic if he comes here though, lol

Stranger things have happened. Hossa took cheaper shorter deals to chase the Cup. Regardless, we need to move Kruger's contract to even think this has a chance.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Bring your boy home tazer

IMG_1436_zpsajxhvwpy.jpg

IMG_1435_zpsvamfw57s.jpg

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
I'd like to assume that a deal is already in place and will take place after June 30th.

Yeah, given all the smoke, and the obvious timing with the bonus payday I assume Kruger is a done deal and the Hawks will either get a draft pick/ELC/prospect coming back. There is no reason they will need to take money back in a deal for Kruger given the fact he only costs the acquiring team 3.75M in actual salary the next two years. That is a ridiculously good price for a player of Kruger's caliber.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Seriously doubt this happen, unless some other money is moved out first. Oshie is a top 3 or so FA this year and at 30 should be in line for one last big pay day. Don't see him sacrificing that for the Hawks, who aren't looking as strong as they might have in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad