Recalled/Assigned: Hawks call up Roos, Philp, re-assign Phillips

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I dont get sending down Phillips. The Kid looked like he belonged and there isn't any benefit for him at this point playing in AHL

I like Roos but Phillips shouldn't have been guy to lose spot on team to bring him up

As for Philp the guy is having good year in AHL and is being rewarded with NHL experience. At 27 yrs. old he likely has no Longterm future here but its always good to see guys get a shot at NHL

Reactions: Behn Wilson

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont get sending down Phillips. The Kid looked like he belonged and there isn't any benefit for him at this point playing in AHL

I like Roos but Phillips shouldn't have been guy to lose spot on team to bring him up

As for Philp the guy is having good year in AHL and is being rewarded with NHL experience. At 27 yrs. old he likely has no Longterm future here but its always good to see guys get a shot at NHL
He's 21 and defensive positioning and knowledge is still grown for any defensemen at the AHL beyond that point.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Good move on Isaac, he was helping the Hawks win and we need to get back on the losing end and Johnson injury will help a bit as well. We need to trade Domi and Kane away and Toews as well asap. This team needs to sink.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm too lazy to look it up but I hope Reichel and Phillips are getting most of their contract in signing bonuses or they gotta be pissed.
Reichel's salary is comprised of $92,500 in signing bonuses and $832,500 in base salary

Phillips' salary is comprised of $92,500 in signing bonuses and $750,000 in base salary.

per CapFriendly

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I'm sure after the TDL all the young players deserving of spots will be with the team for the majority of the remaining season.

Reactions: BobbyJet

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
That's several hundred thousand dollars worth of pay.
Reichel I think is being hurt, his bargaining for his 2nd deal is gonna be limited.

But I think this could help Philips out long term to make more. He should still develop not rush and cap out as a 6.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Reichel is going to be eligible for an extension this offseason, right? Wild to think about when he has basically no NHL resume.

Davidson is f***ing his bargaining power bad, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I can’t imagine the Reichel camp is going to be very interested in negotiating off of 15 nhl games.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Reichel is going to be eligible for an extension this offseason, right? Wild to think about when he has basically no NHL resume.

Davidson is f***ing his bargaining power bad, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I can’t imagine the Reichel camp is going to be very interested in negotiating off of 15 nhl games.
Reichel has another year left on his ELC after this season

Lukas Reichel Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I'm sure but saying it's just business is a coin with two sides. And it's a shitty way to do business.

This is how it's been done since 2-way contracts.

Once he signs his 1-way he'll be fine.

Other players deserve a look as well.

Phillips will get a couple cups of coffee then he will be here permanently.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
You can say whatever you want. If I am a player and I am clearly good enough for the NHL. I want my NHL f***ing money. I bitch over three grand, dude.
Ya, that’s the difference between Reichel and 98% of the other AHL guys. Reichel is showing he belongs in the NHL and should be getting that NHL check.

From a human perspective, I sure hope he gets every dime of Rocky’s money that he possibly can in the future. No way would I give the hawks any kind of sweetheart deal if I were him.

Reactions: TLEH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad