GDT: Hawks @ Blues / Magic 8-Ball Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Blues seriously need to find a way to clamp down games they're leading.

But, they held Kane pointless, which is not easy to do and won in the end.

Happy with the result.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Is there anyone here who didn't see the last minute collapse and inevitable tying goal happening tonight as soon as Chicago pulled the goalie. Don't get me wrong I'm happy they won, but these 3rd period collapses have got to stop, that's 2 ROW's in the last 3 games out the window, plus we should be tied for second place now instead of 1 point behind in 3rd. The reason that bothers me is because that is the 4th win in a row for the Blues, the letdown and inevitable loss in a game we should win is coming, and Chicago/Dallas isn't giving ground hardly at all. They got to make up that real estate when it's there for the taking.

Vladdy hasn't looked like his dynamic self for at least half the season, which is very troublesome. Finally agree with most here, Brouwer, Fabbri, Allen (and Parayko, Schwartz & Berglund imo) played great games.

occy30

Apr 11, 2012
St. Louis
So what gives on that no-goal in OT? The hawk player runs Jake over and there is no call for goalie interference? I thought running into a goal tender in his crease was against the rules:help:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
So what gives on that no-goal in OT? The hawk player runs Jake over and there is no call for goalie interference? I thought running into a goal tender in his crease was against the rules:help:

The TV guys didn't even mention it. I do think Jake tried to sell it a bit, but still not cool. If Backes did that, I feel like he would have been called.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Someone mentioned on the mains that Backes pushed him. I didn't see it but replays weren't great.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blues wins!!!

That it was intense game just ended watching game afterwards. Wow.

Overally I like how we played, but what is this hesitate thing and slowly plays on boards? Everyone take too extra second too long time and give free time for forecheckers. There was numerous turnovers on board plays. I think Parayko was guy who get puck out of d-zone without crazy turnover or bonehead pass. That killer is going to be elite dmen. Damn. Watching replays of OT, how that is possible that tall guy can skate like that. Wowwawiiwa.

Shattery bad play end of 3rd was great example how not to play safe when game is the line. Starting to hate that Panarin guy and we have Lehterä.. :help:

About Reaves hit, Love it and Erhoff win Oscar, frigging flying nazi. Seabrook hit on Lehterä was bit odd there wasn't any penalty. I think it was clear boarding penalty?

Someone mentioned on the mains that Backes pushed him. I didn't see it but replays weren't great.

There wasn't push, he wacked Ladd so...

But this win give me hope for post-season. Damn you Blues don't give me hope if you again let-down.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Blues wins!!!

That it was intense game just ended watching game afterwards. Wow.

Overally I like how we played, but what is this hesitate thing and slowly plays on boards? Everyone take too extra second too long time and give free time for forecheckers. There was numerous turnovers on board plays. I think Parayko was guy who get puck out of d-zone without crazy turnover or bonehead pass. That killer is going to be elite dmen. Damn. Watching replays of OT, how that is possible that tall guy can skate like that. Wowwawiiwa.

Shattery bad play end of 3rd was great example how not to play safe when game is the line. Starting to hate that Panarin guy and we have Lehterä.. :help:

About Reaves hit, Love it and Erhoff win Oscar, frigging flying nazi. Seabrook hit on Lehterä was bit odd there wasn't any penalty. I think it was clear boarding penalty?

There wasn't push, he wacked Ladd so...

But this win give me hope for post-season. Damn you Blues don't give me hope if you again let-down.
Well if there wasn't a push, I'll chalk it up to #becauseHawks

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Well if there wasn't a push, I'll chalk it up to #becauseHawks

But on that speed any small wack affect your balance, but to me it clearly shows Ladd weren't even slowing it down in any way... just go with it and crash Allen.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
But on that speed any small wack affect your balance, but to me it clearly shows Ladd weren't even slowing it down in any way... just go with it and crash Allen.

Absolutely, he had time and space to stop. He did exactly what he wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I was at this game, it was tremendous! The 3 on 3 is so exciting to see in person. There were so many Hawks fans there but honestly I don't mind it, it makes for a more exciting atmosphere that way. I loved the penalty kill animation on the jumbo tron, the hockey player knocking off goombas with the old school mario music, good stuff.:yo:

Also I kept my eye on Parayko and man he is just so poised and smart out there...he's gonna be a damn good NHL player as he gets more experience.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the NHL has rescinded the game misconduct from Ryan Reaves

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
We outplayed them 5v5. Just have to stay out of the box against them. When Steen comes, our lines will be complete. For the few games when they were intact when Schwartz returned, they looked great. Blues can beat the Hawks, just have to be physical and stay out of the box.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Like that Backes hit on Huchins a couple years back. Eh, whatever. I appreciate that they are basically admitting it was a mistake.

Was that the Detroit game? These are prime examples why majors need to be reviewed. A mistake that can be a game changer. Or simply have Toronto look at it. They can buzz down before the player ever leaves the ice

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Absolutely, he had time and space to stop. He did exactly what he wanted.

Agree completely...I'm not a big fan of fighting but was a bit disappointed someone didn't deck Ladd. He ran Jake plain and simple.

Oh, and it definitely should have been a penalty...but this is the NHL and they are the Hawks.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I was at this game, it was tremendous! The 3 on 3 is so exciting to see in person. There were so many Hawks fans there but honestly I don't mind it, it makes for a more exciting atmosphere that way. I loved the penalty kill animation on the jumbo tron, the hockey player knocking off goombas with the old school mario music, good stuff.:yo:

Also I kept my eye on Parayko and man he is just so poised and smart out there...he's gonna be a damn good NHL player as he gets more experience.

A stud in the making, particularly the way he skated circles around all 3 Hawks defenders in OT. When this kid gets a little more leg strength and stamina (I.e., grows into his body), he'll be dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad