Half-Assed GDT: Hawks @ Blues: I Actually Remembered This Time

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Now that's how you do it!!!!

I am of course talking about the Blackhawks. That is how you tank. Masterful job. Pad the stats for the scorers, then leave your shitty goalie to lose it for you. Don't even get a loser point. Absolute perfect tank from them. Come on Blues, do better.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
This is the kind of win that's fun but is going to really hurt in June when we pick 14th instead of getting an impact player.

Jaden Schwartz was drafted 14th overall.
Robert Thomas was drafted 20th overall.
There's been a lot of really good players drafted 14th overall(McAvoy, Debrusk, Shattenkirk, Deadmarsh, Gonchar, Dubnyk, Kulikov, Seabrook).
I trust our scouting department to make a good pick regardless of where we end up.

In regards to this years Draft: the guys currently projected in the area of 14th overall are Jiricek, Parekh, Buium, Yakemchuk, Ryder Ritchie, Linus Ericksson and Brandsegg-Nygard. I would be pretty darn happy with any one of those guys. This may not be a "super-draft" like last year was, but it's a pretty solid crop. I'm not going to worry about our draft position unless we make it into the 3rd round of the PO's(and at that point I'll probably have other things on my mind).

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Exactly. Rosen is fine. His success last year was a fluke, judging by rest of his career before and since. But Peru is still defining who he is as player. Unfortunately, that definition doesn’t yet seem to include nhl in it.
He at least played 12 minutes of even strength ice to go with his 14+ minutes. I didn't see him a whole lot while I did watch the game but that could be good news for him.

Reactions: Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
There's been a lot of really good players drafted 14th overall(McAvoy, Debrusk, Shattenkirk, Deadmarsh, Gonchar, Dubnyk, Kulikov, Seabrook).
I trust our scouting department to make a good pick regardless of where we end up.

In regards to this years Draft: the guys currently projected in the area of 14th overall are Jiricek, Parekh, Buium, Yakemchuk, Ryder Ritchie, Linus Ericksson and Brandsegg-Nygard. I would be pretty darn happy with any one of those guys. This may not be a "super-draft" like last year was, but it's a pretty solid crop. I'm not going to worry about our draft position unless we make it into the 3rd round of the PO's(and at that point I'll probably have other things on my mind).

Schwartz was 14th, Seguin was 2md that year. I'd rather have Seguin.
Thomas was 20th. Makar, Peterson, Heiskenen and Robertson were all drafted top 5.
Macavoy was 14th, Austin Matthews and Matt Tkachuk were top 6.

While you may get a good player in the mid teens, you may even get a great one. Your best chance for an elite player is always going to be in the top 5

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Thomas was 20th. Makar, Peterson, Heiskenen and Robertson were all drafted top 5.

While you may get a good player in the mid teens, you may even get a great one. Your best chance for an elite player is always going to be in the top 5
Nice goal post shift.
The statement was "when we pick 14th instead of getting an impact player".

Yes, the odds are better in the top 5. But there are plenty of impact players drafted outside the top 5. Heck, there's been more than a few "impact players" that weren't even drafted(start with that guy that Strickland interviewed tonight).

Bottom line, I trust our scouts to make a good pick regardless of where we end up. What I do not want to see is a team deliberately mailing it in for the sake of a higher draft pick. Play the game the right way and let the chips fall where they may.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

A Jaden Schwartz, Robert Thomas or any of those guys you listed are not what we need to become a cup contender. We need a Makar or Hedman. I trust our scouting department to find talent later in the draft, I don't trust them to find a player that can save us from eternal mediocrity without being in the top 5.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Not to nitpick, but Robertson was a second rounder.

ChicagoIsBedarded

Aug 22, 2022
Well. That was.... interesting. Bedard should have been ripped off the bench and beaten for that bullshit.

The Kyrou empty netter was the single most impressive goal I've seen out of him.

Merry/Happy "insert holiday you celebrate here"

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
This is the kind of win that's fun but is going to really hurt in June when we pick 14th instead of getting an impact player.
17th or 18th, because Armstrong thinks this team can make the playoffs.

They'll be 1-and-done once there, but they'll make the playoffs so ... #refocuswasasuccess.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Good morale win. Haven't seen the team make a comeback like that in a while. Don't know what to do about the Schenn line but him and Kapanen look off. Kapanen looks like he is doing something then ruins it by making some questionable decisions. Schenn looks like his body is catching up to him and he hasn't figured out how to change his game accordingly. He looks like ROR did last year for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad