Half-Assed GDT: Hawks @ Blues: I Actually Remembered This Time

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Schwartz was 14th, Seguin was 2md that year. I'd rather have Seguin.
Thomas was 20th. Makar, Peterson, Heiskenen and Robertson were all drafted top 5.
Macavoy was 14th, Austin Matthews and Matt Tkachuk were top 6.

While you may get a good player in the mid teens, you may even get a great one. Your best chance for an elite player is always going to be in the top 5

Wow you're really going out on a limb with this post. I never would have considered the fact that a top 5 pick would be better than one around 14th or so. Problem is this team isn't bad enough to pick in the top 5.

Some of ya'll find a way to be negative even after the most exciting win of the year. That was a hell of a fun game to watch, but if we had lost it would have been devastating. Can't let these chicken Hawks ruin our Christmas!

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
if the Blues had lost that game it would have been "devastating" lol ok

there is zip that's devastating besides the total lack of vision for the team's future in this drifting miasmic soup of middling filler

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
One unconventional "take" from last night and some previous games is that Kappy is doing the right things, playing hard, and just coming up unlucky. He's had some great scoring chances recently and he seems to exude speed and skill. I hope he gets rewarded. I hope the coaching staff sees what I see.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
One unconventional "take" from last night and some previous games is that Kappy is doing the right things, playing hard, and just coming up unlucky. He's had some great scoring chances recently and he seems to exude speed and skill. I hope he gets rewarded. I hope the coaching staff sees what I see.
It's been hit or miss for most of the season, but I'm hoping he can continue this current stretch

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Nice goal post shift.
The statement was "when we pick 14th instead of getting an impact player".

Yes, the odds are better in the top 5. But there are plenty of impact players drafted outside the top 5. Heck, there's been more than a few "impact players" that weren't even drafted(start with that guy that Strickland interviewed tonight).

Bottom line, I trust our scouts to make a good pick regardless of where we end up. What I do not want to see is a team deliberately mailing it in for the sake of a higher draft pick. Play the game the right way and let the chips fall where they may.

It wasn't my statement so I am not responsible for the wording. And the sentiment behind the statement was we need to lose to get a better draft pick to have a better chance of getting a high impact player. It's pretty clear he wasn't saying you can't get a great player at 14.

I don't want to see the team intentionally losing either. But that doesn't mean I will celebrate when we snatch a lower draft pick out of the jaws of a higher one.

Wow you're really going out on a limb with this post. I never would have considered the fact that a top 5 pick would be better than one around 14th or so. Problem is this team isn't bad enough to pick in the top 5.

Some of ya'll find a way to be negative even after the most exciting win of the year. That was a hell of a fun game to watch, but if we had lost it would have been devastating. Can't let these chicken Hawks ruin our Christmas!

Just responding to the previous post that didn't go out on any limbs either.. Who would have ever considered there are good players available at 14. We have a better chance at getting a better player if we lose. That is obvious.

This team just nearly lost to the team that is tied in points with the Sharks for worst in the league. The sharks are one of the worst teams ever, and Chicago is tied for them in last. We nearly lost to a team with a goalie that is 2-11-1 with a 4.15 GAA. Chicago is awesome and it took a monster 3rd period comeback. If they have a NHL golaie, even a back up level one, we lose that game., So how are we too good to be bad? We have been extremely blessed on the injury front. We are an injury to Binningon, PArayko or the first line to being worthless.

The Hawks are going to ruin a lot of holidays for us in the future when they have Celebrini and Bedard in their primes, and we still can't find a true #1D.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
This is the kind of win that's fun but is going to really hurt in June when we pick 14th instead of getting an impact player.
Yeah, we’re just not good enough to expect a playoff run and not bad enough to expect to draft top 3. Have to hope we can squeak in and get some first round playoff money. Obviously, worst outcome is missing the playoffs by a point. And damn the Hawks for likely drafting top 3 AGAIN.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Not sure if this is real or photo shopped. But Avs fans on reddit are getting a kick out of it. Eyes wide shut.

binny eyesjpeg.jpeg

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Not sure if this is real or photo shopped. But Avs fans on reddit are getting a kick out of it. Eyes wide shut.

View attachment 790120
That’s fine if they find it funny but it makes it pretty obvious they have never played the game. When a stick comes that close to your face it is just a natural reaction to do that. But again, it’s Reddit so that alone confirms they don’t have much experience playing sports.

Reactions: ChicagoIsBedarded

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
That’s fine if they find it funny but it makes it pretty obvious they have never played the game. When a stick comes that close to your face it is just a natural reaction to do that. But again, it’s Reddit so that alone confirms they don’t have much experience playing sports.

I mean obviously. That doesn't make it any less funny of a screen grab. It's like when your video freezes on a zoom call and your making a funny face. Nobody's like "omg what a loser" but everyone still chuckles. Tha Avs fans were being mean, but that doesn't mean we can't chuckle a bit at the pic. We won in the end

He was in the Reverse VH. Eyes open or closed don't matter. That position leaves the top of the goal open. If the player is skilled enough and more importantly if the D lax enough to give him time, he scores a billion times out if a billion against any goalie in the world with all level of open eyes. So eyes open/ closed doesn't matter. It's just a funny pic.

stlbluz

Apr 9, 2007
St. Louis
10 pages & nobody called that goal for what it was; bush league.

The fact that not 1 Blue made an oil stain out of him afterwards is pretty sad.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

How is it Bush league? It's a high skilled and perfectly legal play. The Blues should have made a stain out of him, or at least put some pressure on him BEFORE the goal. Hitting him after he scores is the Bush league move IMO.

Reactions: Blueston

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

"Blues players get mad at mad at generational talent after he scores Michigan, attempts/proceeds to injure him"

Fun headline, just furthers the"Blues are a dirty head hunting team" narrative

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
How is it Bush league? It's a high skilled and perfectly legal play. The Blues should have made a stain out of him, or at least put some pressure on him BEFORE the goal. Hitting him after he scores is the Bush league move IMO.
100% agree. You don’t like guy scoring in that fashion, don’t let him score that goal. Going all dale hunter on him after he scores is just a real crappy move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad