GDT: Hawks @ Avs 10/18/23 9:30 Espn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I agree people overreact to small sample sizes.

But in the same token discussing the play in the context of the 5 games we have seen is normal. Murphy has been bad. Feel like we can discuss that without it being overreacting.

Saying he sucks, trade him, that is overreacting.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I agree people overreact to small sample sizes.

But in the same token discussing the play in the context of the 5 games we have seen is normal. Murphy has been bad. Feel like we can discuss that without it being overreacting.

Saying he sucks, trade him, that is overreacting.

There has been plenty of overreacting.

We had someone last night say Bedard is leaving after his ELC is up. :laugh:

• Wow
Reactions: Pez68 and TLEH

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Its amazing after 5 road games, 4 of them home openers, against mostly high level teams things like dog shit, disappointment, crap, not ready, etc are being flung around at many players after the team is actually off to a better start then we could have ever expected with that schedule. How about giving it a friggin minute before making these definitive judgements on how crap so many guys are, the schedule continues its brutality for a while we need to see a longer sample size with a more normal stretch of games.
Are you right? Yes

Will I continue to bitch about my hometown sports team? Yes

I'm enjoying the ride, don't worry.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Oh 100%. I was just saying like “Murphy has played awful” etc isn’t overreacting. Saying waive Murphy is overreacting. Saying to get rid of him is overreacting.
I don't think saying get rid of him is overreacting. He's been bad for multiple seasons, and it gets worse every year.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I think the reality is Murph at 3 more seasons at 4.4 does not have positive value. so we would probably have to pay to get someone to take him or retain. he is a bottom pairing PK player on a good team.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Oh 100%. I was just saying like “Murphy has played awful” etc isn’t overreacting. Saying waive Murphy is overreacting. Saying to get rid of him is overreacting.

He’s been playing awful since he arrived in Chicago, he’s a 5-6 on a contender, to get rid of him wouldn’t be an overreaction, in fact no one will give a crap and won’t be missed, here somehow people praise him as if he is a solid top 4 D, which is mind boggling, people are forgetting the glory days and what a real top 4 looks like.

Reactions: Hawkaholic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad