GDT: Hawks at Wings | 7:00, November 30

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I thought Berggren played maybe 15-20 games under him 2 years ago. I could be incorrect, I just think they both have stagnated kinda?
Ras has regressed since last season, yeah, but his injury could have something to do with it.

Berggren, once you remove the hype he got on this forum, has really never fully adjusted to the NHL. And now he's seemed to regress too. Still plenty of time for him to take the necessary leap forward to be a regular at this level, but no sign of it yet.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Ras has regressed since last season, yeah, but his injury could have something to do with it.

Berggren, once you remove the hype he got on this forum, has really never adjusted to the NHL. At this point, I question whether he's an NHLer at all. Still plenty of time for him to take the necessary leap forward to be a regular at this level, but no sign of it yet.
I think that for him to be an NHLer, he needs to practice with NHLers. Barring injuries, he won't be up much this year.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I think that for him to be an NHLer, he needs to practice with NHLers. Barring injuries, he won't be up much this year.
Yeah. I dialed back my original post, but I agree. He does need NHL exposure if he's to make the leap. He's at a point in his development where the AHL isn't going to help him.

Reactions: odin1981

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

Berggren, once you remove the hype he got on this forum, has really never fully adjusted to the NHL. And now he's semmed to regress too. Still plenty of time for him to take the necessary leap forward to be a regular at this level, but no sign of it yet.

I hope they try to hook Ras up with Homer in the offseason to give him tips on big body type skills he could acquire or improve on.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Seeing the replay on Fabbri's first goal, Mrazek very much gambled on him passing and lost. If he stays shot and lets his dman covers the pass he likely saves it.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Berggren has the skill, but he has so little jam, can he win puck battles at the NHL level? He kind of looks like a playmaker version of Teemu Pulkkinen that way.

Reactions: odin1981

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Yeah. I dialed back my original post, but I agree. He does need NHL exposure if he's to make the leap. He's at a point in his development where the AHL isn't going to help him.
Not easy for the prospects to make the step up with the depth currently. We've been incredibly healthy so far this year too.

Reactions: jaster

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Berggren has the skill, but he has so little jam, can he win puck battles at the NHL level? He kind of looks like a playmaker version of Teemu Pulkkinen that way.

It’s 100% motor problem with Berggren now. He’s such a good skater but isn’t moving his feet lately.

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
I'd move Reimer but Lyon looks good to keep as a backup.
If you're going to roll with Husso.. you could get good value for Lyon. I'd like to keep him but if you can get an asset or picks it might be worth it for the long run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad