GDT: Hawks at Preds - 7PM CT on NBCSCH+ Back to the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
More Celrbrini points for us ...trying desperately to keep pace with and not gaining on San Jose...

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Despite what you’re seeing on the ice, this wasn’t a tank year. They thought they were going to be better than this.
They can't be that dumb. (at the least if everything goes perfect) 3 rookie D in the lineup nightly in front of Mrazek/Soderblom combo with "better" players like Hall, Johnson, Murphy, Mrazek, Athanasiou having extensive histories of being hurt regularly...this team was built to get a top 5 draft pick.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So you're saying you haven't seen a noticeable drop in quality on the defense?
Of course the D is worse. Anyone can see that if they are watching objectively.
We have seen all of them get exposed to some degree without Seth eating up those hard minutes.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
They can't be that dumb. (at the least if everything goes perfect) 3 rookie D in the lineup nightly in front of Mrazek/Soderblom combo with "better" players like Hall, Johnson, Murphy, Mrazek, Athanasiou having extensive histories of being hurt regularly...this team was built to get a top 5 draft pick.
It was but it could have been competitive. It’s no longer competitive. Due to injuries among many other factors.

But this can’t happen again next year. I feel like Davidson almost has to make some big moves in the offseason to avoid this stink getting worse.

I‘d like him to sign one big free agent forward and trade for another legitimate forward. It felt like Bedard was on an island to start the season, but now he’s playing with anvils attached. Just an impossible situation that can’t happen again.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
When you subtract 4 of the top 6 forwards off a thin team, it is really hard to score goals.
I agree. The injury bug sure wrecks with no depth.

1704253917514.png

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It was but it could have been competitive. It’s no longer competitive. Due to injuries among many other factors.

But this can’t happen again next year. I feel like Davidson almost has to make some big moves in the offseason to avoid this stink getting worse.

I‘d like him to sign one big free agent forward and trade for another legitimate forward. It felt like Bedard was on an island to start the season, but now he’s playing with anvils attached. Just an impossible situation that can’t happen again.
It's going to happen next year too. This was and usually is the inevitable scenario of a hard tank, But that was the only option Bowmans roster decision left.

Anyone not seeing this team as a tank team all summer long was baffling to me. Davidson hasn't been subtle either. It's been the long term be bad get multiple high chance at success talents. Some think Bedard means you rush it... I don't get the desire to follow in that path of failure. It's long term outlook vs caring if it's fun games early

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
This isn’t even a development year anymore this is a get to offseason as fast as possible. I really think they should be evaluating if a guy like Korchinski is even treading water in this environment. It’s not going to get better and guys aren’t getting healthy tomorrow. I’d rather keep him away from this absolute mess.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
This isn’t even a development year anymore this is a get to offseason as fast as possible. I really think they should be evaluating if a guy like Korchinski is even treading water in this environment. It’s not going to get better and guys aren’t getting healthy tomorrow. I’d rather keep him away from this absolute mess.
I don’t disagree. I will die on the hill that the coaching staff doesn’t know how to develop talent, but now the roster is thin, it’ll only make it worse for him.

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And looks like ome MORE forwards got injured..
There is a provision in NHL to recall drafted and signed player from Junior if no other option is available from the minors
I wonder how many forwards on ELC's in Rockford healthy at the moment...because once they exhaust that the next recourse is to re-call a Junior player with an ELC...

I lnowxL Ludwinski on an ELC .and so is Gavin Hayes...cannot recall if Lardis is on one.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
And looks like ome MORE forwards got injured..
There is a provision in NHL to recall drafted and signed player from Junior if no other option is available from the minors
I wonder how many forwards on ELC's in Rockford healthy at the moment...because once they exhaust that the next recourse is to re-call a Junior player with an ELC...

I lnowxL Ludwinski on an ELC .and so is Gavin Hayes...cannot recall if Lardis is on one.
Keep any prospect with potential as far away from this trainwreck as possible

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Korchinski playing up the whole year reeks of KD wanting to prove his drafting chops

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
There isn’t supposed to be an “answer.” We’re supposed to try hard and lose for at least two years.
And we are supposed to watch and engage why exactly? This team is completely unwatchable unless Bedard does a thing.

Yeah, but AA and Hall being out isn't what is destroying this defense.
Doesn’t help with there is no forward talent or speed and as a result the Hawks spend no time in the opponents zone

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
KK has been extremely disappointing on the PP. I expected a noticeable improvement over Seth Jones.
That was your fault for expecting a 19 year old 7th overall pick to outperform a 29 year old former 4th overall pick that got paid a zillion dollars just because that veteran is overpaid and people decided “sucks”.

People have a misguided expiration of prospects.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Connor Generational tonight:
Zero shots on goal..Zero shot attemots. ZERO RUSH ATTEMPTS ...HE HAD 1 GIVEAWAY ...NO TAJEAWYS (hexwas 50% on draws...winning 2)...played just over 14mo uses TOI...

He did have lots of company...given Hawks low shots on goal performance as a team ..and OINLY 1 rush attempt) credited to Foligno...now maybe given the shellacking lsst game in Dallas ,LR stressed notvto take risky rushes and get caught up ice as the opps transition...but this is takibg things way to the cautious side...so Either they did not attack using rushes with gusto were over cautious and slow afraid to make mistakes OR they simply cannot rush the puck.

You woukd expect Bedard to lead sone rushes with energy ..but either he could not get past any Peds checker or he dod not want to try very often...if he cannot rush pucks past a checker,we gotca problem...if he is hesitant to try anymore...we gotca problem.

Somebody has to lead an actual attack try..

Only 1 team rush attempt credited?ByFiligno?

We got problems folks.

Check everything out on Natural Stats Trick which is free(Google it)...they give alklthe stats and advanced stats for every player in every game played that day or ought..

The team was bad offensively and Bedard did nothing...

Last edited:

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Connor Generational tonight:
Zero shots on goal..Zero shot attemots. ZERO RUSH ATTEMPTS ...HE HAD 1 GIVEAWAY ...NO TAJEAWYS (hexwas 50% on draws...winning 2)...played just over 14mo uses TOI...

He did have lots of company...given Hawks low shots on goal performance as a team ..and OINLY 1 rush attempt) credited to Foligno...now maybe given the shellacking lsst game in Dallas ,LR stressed notvto take risky rushes and get caught up ice as the opps transition...but this is takibg things way to the cautious side...so Either they did not attack using rushes with gusto were over cautious and slow afraid to make mistakes OR they simply cannot rush the puck.

You woukd expect Bedard to lead sone rushes with energy ..but either he could not get past any Peds checker or he dod not want to try very often...if he cannot rush pucks past a checker,we gotca problem...if he is hesitant to try anymore...we gotca problem.

Somebody has to lead an actual attack try..

Only 1 team rush attempt credited?ByFiligno?

We got problems folks.

Check everything out on Natural Stats Trick which is free(Google it)...they give alklthe stats and advanced stats for every player in every game played that day or ought..

The team was bad offensively and Bedard did nothing...
The kid is human you know 50. It's also a team game and no one player can consistently rise above and will things to happen every night. Bedard will be just fine .. he only needs some actual players to play with.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
The kid is human you know 50. It's also a team game and no one player can consistently rise above and will things to happen every night. Bedard will be just fine .. he only needs some actual players to play with.

I have him on ignore.. I can only imagine what he's saying haha.

Reactions: ytsejam

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
That was your fault for expecting a 19 year old 7th overall pick to outperform a 29 year old former 4th overall pick that got paid a zillion dollars just because that veteran is overpaid and people decided “sucks”.

People have a misguided expiration of prospects.

Wtf? People didn’t just “decide” that Seth Jones was awful running the top PP unit. He truthfully was awful in that role. Expecting better from a talent of KK’s caliber wasnt asking too much at all. You’re not making sense here…

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Wtf? People didn’t just “decide” that Seth Jones was awful running the top PP unit. He truthfully was awful in that role. Expecting better from a talent of KK’s caliber wasnt asking too much at all. You’re not making sense here…
How many 19 year old defensemen have been equipped to run an NHL first powerplay unit? All the best powerplay QBs today were in college or juniors then. Hedman had exactly 1 powerplay point as a 19 year old.

Reactions: ClydeLee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad