Confirmed with Link: Hawks Acquire Antoine Vermette for a 2015 1st & Dahlbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Don't like this trade one bit. Call me a pessimist or whatever, but I don't think we win the cup this year with no Kane, and so this was just a waste of assets. Love to be proved wrong though.

Have you considered the fact that Kane could come back before 12 weeks and the organization set a low bar by tempering those expectations. They can beat the Blues without Kane and the Preds for that matter. I'm concerned about the Kings and he'll be back in the playoffs, no doubt in my mind.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
no I think he could be a very good 3rd liner and possible number 4 guy...alot of people speculated that he would be hammers partner next year...

Sweet good luck in the playoffs, I know a lot of you think you gave up too much but you'll very quickly love vermette.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Doubt it, that opens 10m if they both go. If cap goes up to 72 hell even 71 we'll have enough to resign Vermette and saad if we trade one or the other

The raises to Kane and Toews will take up about $8.5 million combined. They won't have the cap space to sign Vermette and Saad if they're just trading one of Sharp or Bickell.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Sweet good luck in the playoffs, I know a lot of you think you gave up too much but you'll very quickly love vermette.

vermette is who I wanted last year for the cup run and if we had pulled the trigger then we would have likely had that cup last year...

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
It's funny how much people complain on this site about Stan and not willing to pay the price to get the guy we need at the TDL. Now he does and everybody complains.

That's just it I never did. I supported Stan not making moves like this the last few years because they are a complete waste of resources. I am complaining, but I'm atleast being consistent.

Nothingman*

It's funny how much people complain on this site about Stan and not willing to pay the price to get the guy we need at the TDL. Now he does and everybody complains.

Yeah. I am a little torn because we know they are going to have to win two rounds for Kane to come back in. Which will be extremely difficult even with the additions. We have NCAA players that will move to Rockford soon and we have some players that are close to NHL ready. I don't thinkwe were going to get a game changer at our pick. And we may get it back in the offseason. So.......torn. But I am not holding it against Stan. Not like he sent TT there or anything. Just a unknown player with our first round pick.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Not liking this trade. Rather just play with the players we have and not give up a prospect and 1st.

I would actually like to have seen sharp traded while the costs are high this TDL.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
... or Crawford, Kruger and Versteeg. :handclap:

Sucks to give up a first rounder but Hawks had to go all in .... now.

not sure why we'd move versteeg unless we got something crazy back. He's overperforming his cap hit by a decent amount, which is exactly the kind of player the hawks need around 10.5 kane and toews.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Yeah he finally did this type of move when Kane is done , Sharp is fading fast , Shaw is awful , Hossa is not as good as past , Toews is having down year , etc

Yippie :shakehead

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
This will entirely depend on what the Hawks do in the coming months....

If we just continue to flounder and then get eliminated early in the postseason, it'll be bad as we lost an early 20s pick (if not very high teens).

Get the ship righted and we last long enough for Kane to come back? I'll take that trade.

Win it all? Oh, you'd better believe it.

I've been as frustrated with the past two months as anyone, but I'll give this core the benefit of the doubt that they'll find a way to flip the switch as they've done so in the past.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I like it. I'll like it even more if they re-sign Vermette, which I'm sure is what they're aiming to do.

If Dahlbeck couldn't crack the roster this year, he didn't have a future here. And we can get a 2015 1st by trading Sharp at the draft.

Got two of the top players on the market. Stan finally gave coldsteel his dream trade deadline.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Vermette-Versteeg
Bickell-Richards-Teravainen
Smith-Kruger-Shaw

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Oduya
Timmo-Rosival

That's gonna be an incredibly deep lineup when Kane gets back. And it's just as deep, if not deeper than both the Blues and Preds. I don't care what the regular season record says.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
They will trade Sharp at the draft to get a first back...Unless of course Sharp continues no.production the rest of the way as long as the Hawks go...Well for those who wanted Stan ALL IN...they got what they wanted..it had better work successfully...OR ELSE!!

VERMETTE did not seem thrilled about leaving Arizona though...Looked like some tears...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad