Confirmed with Link: Hawks Acquire Antoine Vermette for a 2015 1st & Dahlbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

Eh. Would have rather traded another prospect and not a first. Just not a fan of trading 1sts. Thing is, Stan might plan getting that back trading Sharp n the offseason. So if he does that I am cool with it. This is this cores last chance so I understand that move. Just wonder how the lines are going to be now.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
especially if they can hold the fort until Kane comes back and then has a real center to play with.

Except Vermette is Bolland 2.0. And not the good Bolland from the 2010 playoffs. The wildly over-matched Bolland who couldn't make it in the top 6.

IMHO this is by far the worst deal Stan has made as GM.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Vermette and Hossa are former teammates and two of my favourite ex Sens back together again in Chicago.So I guess Ill be keeping an eye out for the Hawks in the playoffs this year.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Vermette is a ufa after the year. I'm assuming you guys know about him but just for info he's a very solid 2 way c, elite in the dot, good pker, can chip in a surprising amount of offense but played with garbage in AZ. Who's this dahlback fella?

dahlback is a good stay at home D, decent skater but that is not the best aspect of his game...decent passer

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
My dream deadline has become a reality. This team looks very very good now.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hawks will probably recoup picks with Sharp and Bickell leaving the organization at the draft. And I think it's possible they resign Vermette in the summer.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Stan throwing away future overpaying for a rental when this rotten roster remains in place

:shakehead

I was also of the thought that he should stand pat..... but he is going for the last push at the cup before he needs to retool like happened after the 2010 cup losing the 1st is gonna hurt and vermette needs to resign here or this trade is CUP or BUST

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Love it. Maybe we can't get the first back, but we are most likely going to get some picks this offseason during the purge. And if we can keep Vermette in the process, yessss

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
Don't like this trade one bit. Call me a pessimist or whatever, but I don't think we win the cup this year with no Kane, and so this was just a waste of assets. Love to be proved wrong though.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It's funny how much people complain on this site about Stan and not willing to pay the price to get the guy we need at the TDL. Now he does and everybody complains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad