Post-Game Talk: Hawks 5, Kings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
There is nothing wrong with Saad learning the ropes on the 4th line. Work in some other shifts depending on how the game goes.

Yes, there is.

We're not molding him into being a fourth line grinder. He has that concept down. In the few games he played in the regular season and the playoffs, he threw his body around more than he got into scoring areas. He is projected to be a top-six winger. Let's let him learn the ropes as one.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yes, there is.

We're not molding him into being a fourth line grinder. He has that concept down. In the few games he played in the regular season and the playoffs, he threw his body around more than he got into scoring areas. He is projected to be a top-six winger. Let's let him learn the ropes as one.

Blah, you forget who is coaching this team. If he's that good he will get a shot at it before too long. Otherwise, it's over reaction to a possible line up. It's not even for sure that he will be on the 4th or playing for that matter.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
Decent game by the Hawks. Would've been disappointing if they could'nt take advantage of Kopitar being out today.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Nice game from the Hawks. Looked good from what I saw. Kane looked good, as did Hossa.

BBSeabs27

#freeseabs
Jan 27, 2011
Chicago
My viewings from today:

Hossa--Beast. I'm expecting a good season from him
Kane--Played a great game as well, I hope swiss helped him improve
Toews--For being sick he did very well. Crazy FO% and able to get a nice garbage goal
Sharp--He was okay. Didn't play bad, but didnt play well.
Bolland--Didn't notice him much, but when I did he wasn't doing that bad
Bickell--Brutal
Frolik--Best game in the regular season since he came here
Shaw--Not a good game, looked like a lost puppy
Stalberg--Showed good speed and good vision, but his brutal line mates really made his game look worse than it really was.
Kruger--Rockford helped a lot. Different kid out there and I really hope he stays that way.
Oduya&Hjalamarsson--Played pretty well. Hjalamarsson had his body and stick in the right places. Oduya good puck possession overall
Keith&Seabs--same as always, very active. Had a good game
Brookbank-I dont know what I think of him. He had good times and bad times. I think him being a bone head on the 2nd goal really soured him to me.
Leddy--Good game from him, like kruger, I think rockford helped him. Showed better protecting of the puck and better defensive postions.
Crawford--Aside from the first goal, he had a solid game. Lets hope he can stay consistent like this, this season.

Carcillo being injured sucks, but I hope Saad can prove he's the better option.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Watched the game all the way through. Thought we played an almost flawless game aside from the goaltending.

Carbomb's hit was saddening. Didn't look like he got hit real bad. It is sad to see him sidelined as you will not find a bigger Carcillo fan than myself. Though when a door closes a window opens. We will see Saad in the lineup, and I believe he'll be a better fit in the top six than Carcillo.

I wish him a speedy recovery, and I cannot wait until tomorrow.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
9 PM game tomorrow night. I guess I am going to watch Flyers/Sabres on NBC, both football games, and the Hawks.

God help me.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
It's alarming that Kruger only won 4 of his 13 faceoffs. It's going to be hard using him as the #3 center if he doesn't improve on that.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Well, I am going to be hanging out with at least someone when this is all happening, but I just think it's ridiculous that I am committing to watching to 12 hours of sports.

Aside from time with the girlfriend, I can't think of a better way to spend 12 hours. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever ;)

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Stalberg looked lifeless out there today...I would go with Saad.

I think Saad and Stalberg will both get duty there tonight.

Stalberg played on a dysfunctional line last night but you could see he was trying to take care of his defensive duties, and he did. Shaw wasn't very good.

Other notes: Bickell wasn't as bad as some posters suggest. Oduya is scary, as is Crawford, Sharp rusty, and Toews played an awesome game, at both ends (that goal was important to secure the win).

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
My thoughts on the game:

- excellent game from Toews, Kane and Hossa up front as well as Keith and Seabs on the backend
- Kruger played a pretty impressive game tonight, and showed why many of us took such issue with the negativity spewed by many on this board. Made a couple excellent defensive plays and showed some offensive flair. Also looks bigger and faster than he did last year. Needs to work on face offs though, or to be put on a line with a winger who can take them
- also very pleased with Leddy tonight. Seemed bigger and stronger than lat year and actually played fairly well in his own zone.
- all in all a pretty dominant win on the road against the defending Stanley cup champs (who many are predicting to come out of the west). Not a bad start to the season

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It's alarming that Kruger only won 4 of his 13 faceoffs. It's going to be hard using him as the #3 center if he doesn't improve on that.

Bolland has literally never had a single season about 50% himself, so it's not like we're going from some faceoff stud to a below 50% guy. Last year Bolland won 582 and lost 621 as the 3C. Year before that won 455 and lost 553.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That is how the hawks are going to have to win their games, own the puck and don't ask Crawford to do much.

Sucks that Carcillo is out

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That is how the hawks are going to have to win their games, own the puck and don't ask Crawford to do much.

Sucks that Carcillo is out

Yep, on all points. They sit back, they're done.

Bollig has the physicality and Shaw a similar finesse.... but no one player on the roster can replace what Carcllo means to this team.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Awesome game, best way we could of opened the season.

Hossa, Kane, Toews, Keith, Hammer, and Kruger are players that stuck out the most.

People saying Oduya was terrible need to open their eyes a little bit. He wss fairly solid for the majority of the game, maybe a couple times where he made a bad play, but it's the first game of the season with zero exhibition games.

Leddy played OK too, still looks a bit raw defensively, but the NHL is more suited for him than the AHL. I would also like to see Rozy out there instead of Brookbank to see how Leddy plays with him.

Crawford looked scary in net, so many times he looked out of position or couldn't find the puck through screens. His rebound control looks to have improved a little bit though.

I agree with most of the invisibles out there, Sharp, Stalberg, Shaw, Bickell, and Bolland.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
People saying Oduya was terrible need to open their eyes a little bit. He wss fairly solid for the majority of the game, maybe a couple times where he made a bad play, but it's the first game of the season with zero exhibition games.

Yes, it's one game but fairly solid seems to describe this guy every game. Problem is he makes bad decisions when he's hurried and defensemen that get his ice time need to play with some grit in their game. He looks scared to get hit to me and won't take one to make a play. Hammer does it constantly and gets no credit here.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm not an Oduya hater. He looked gassed early and was a step behind all night. He's better than that, but that doesn't change the fact that he was really bad last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad