Confirmed with Link: Hawerchuk a guest coach @ Jets development camp

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I don't think its cynical at all. TNSE have made this clear on a number of fronts. They are promoting/selling the Jets 2.0 brand. That means no showcase of Jets 1.0 videos, pictures on the website or any honouring of past greats. They will even go so far as to not have any Jets 1.0 alums interviewed for their website. As there have been a few occasions where Jets 1.0 alums attended games in the past 3 years.

I could be wrong, but I believe that the only part of Jets 1.0 that TNSE legally owns are the logos.

So all Jets 1.0 videos, pictures, etc, would still be part of the Coyotes organization, and as such, TNSE has no business showing them.

Warhead77

Jets4Life
Jun 28, 2011
The River City
Plus TNSE needs to be called on their glaring lack of attention in policing this.

They released the original logos in the pin sets last year, with the titles "Heritage Logo 1979-1990" and "Heritage Logo 1990-1996", proving their attempts to ignore the past. This is just another slap in the face to us longtime Winnipeg Jets fans.

Oh. Wait.. hashtag end sarcasm.

Wow. Pins??

:laugh:

Warhead77

Jets4Life
Jun 28, 2011
The River City
I could be wrong, but I believe that the only part of Jets 1.0 that TNSE legally owns are the logos.

So all Jets 1.0 videos, pictures, etc, would still be part of the Coyotes organization, and as such, TNSE has no business showing them.

Incorrect. The Yotes don't own anything Jets 1.0 related other than franchise statistics. That is all.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Incorrect. The Yotes don't own anything Jets 1.0 related other than franchise statistics. That is all.

Interesting, I would have thought that the statistics and the images would go hand in hand. Weird.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I don't think its cynical at all. TNSE have made this clear on a number of fronts. They are promoting/selling the Jets 2.0 brand. That means no showcase of Jets 1.0 videos, pictures on the website or any honouring of past greats. They will even go so far as to not have any Jets 1.0 alums interviewed for their website. As there have been a few occasions where Jets 1.0 alums attended games in the past 3 years.

You're wrong because TNSE produced a welcome back video played at the home opener which showed archival footage of the oriiginal Jets which was also viewable on their website.

They also allowed Dale Hawerchuk to be interviewed by Ron Maclean in the MTS centre at the home opener so they sure didn't hide him on that most important day. I remember this vivdly because Maclean chastised some goofball that was making bunny ears behind Ducky's back at the time.

I guess they could parade Dale around in an old Jets jersey so to not confuse anybody on who belongs where in the lore of Jets 1.0 and 2.0 history.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
We had a (number of) discussions about TNSE, franchises, records, etc. Discuss Ducky please - the rest is OT for this thread. Thanks.

Warhead77

Jets4Life
Jun 28, 2011
The River City
Interesting, I would have thought that the statistics and the images would go hand in hand. Weird.

Video archives of NHL games are the property of the National Hockey League and because the Jets are now back as a member - they have access to those videos. But that is separate from franchise records.

Anyhow, respecting the mods request, enough of this discussion.

So, is Ducky still in the Peg?

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
We had a (number of) discussions about TNSE, franchises, records, etc. Discuss Ducky please - the rest is OT for this thread. Thanks.

rubber-ducky.jpg

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Exactly.

Ducky - Jets legend, NHL Hall of Famer. Class act all the way.

Happy now New Jets? The Duck surfaced! :laugh:

For those of us of that era, this guy was a very special hockey player. The younger gang won't remember this, but there was incredible outrage when Dale was not inducted into the HHOF his first year - instead them choosing Joe Mullen and Denis Savard (both worthy in my opinion - but certainly not better). Despite the typos, this article sums up the feelings and the national petition that went out on the slight...happily, our man got in :handclap:

http://www.sports-central.org/sports/nhl/articles/article57.shtml

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Happy now New Jets? The Duck surfaced! :laugh:

For those of us of that era, this guy was a very special hockey player. The younger gang won't remember this, but there was incredible outrage when Dale was not inducted into the HHOF his first year - instead them choosing Joe Mullen and Denis Savard (both worthy in my opinion - but certainly not better). Despite the typos, this article sums up the feelings and the national petition that went out on the slight...happily, our man got in :handclap:

http://www.sports-central.org/sports/nhl/articles/article57.shtml

I remember going to a bar on Portage Ave after games and most of the jets would be there. What seems odd to me now is that most of them smoked, and Ducky chain smoked!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I love that Hawerchuk now seems to be embraced by the organization. I can see an assistant coaching role at some point in the future.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I love that Hawerchuk now seems to be embraced by the organization. I can see an assistant coaching role at some point in the future.

Agreed. He generally does seem to want to come back here at some point and I'm sure that the org has already offered him a position in some capacity if he does.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Just read that article without prior understanding of the situation. What a joke eff you nhl ;) but seriously really??

:laugh: yeah, it was something! I was so frikken mad - sending the petition around to what seemed like hundreds of friends! I got my buddy to announce the petition on Sportsnet (he was an anchorman there). It was like the NHL wanted to poke a stick in Jets fans eyes...we were livid.

Funny thing, I don't ever remember Hawerchuk getting publicly bent out of shape, just handled it calmly and with class. He really was a great player :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad