Michael Russo: Haula + Tuch to Vegas for 3rd round pick (cond. 2017 or 2018) + Expansion Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I just don't understand not wanting Galchenyuk. He's like another Nino.

It's not that I don't want him. It's the affording him long term that bothers me. He's due a big payday similar to Granny and Nino. His defensive game (200 ft) game needs a lot of work, so he slots as more of a winger.

I only see room for 3 $5m+ wings in addition to Parise (unless he catches Hossa's joke itch). So pick 3 of Granny, Nino, Zucker, and Chucky, trade the other one.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
I'd take Galy for Scandy... but, does this provide the need cap relief? Can poms go with for a pick or two? Sound great if all happens like that... to me anyway

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Zucker isn't worth $5m right now. Granny, Nino, Galchenyuk. There's your 3.

He is really close. 46p even strength points, 2 seasons of 20g with minimal PP time. I don't see his stats getting worse next season, give him some PP time and he could easily get 60p.

He has a speed aspect to his game that none of the other FWDs have. He was the catalyst of the Koivu line. Before he was put on it, Koivu/Granny did nothing for scoring, and didn't look dangerous in the o-zone. That was the first 10? games of the season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'd take Galy for Scandy... but, does this provide the need cap relief? Can poms go with for a pick or two? Sound great if all happens like that... to me anyway

Just FYI Galy refers to Brendan Gallagher the 5'9" RW that makes $3.75mx4. Chucky is Alex Galchenyuk.

If you're referring to Gallagher, I wouldn't make the trade. He's had some health issues the last couple of seasons. He's a goal scorer, but size and health bother me.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He is really close. 46p even strength points, 2 seasons of 20g with minimal PP time. I don't see his stats getting worse next season, give him some PP time and he could easily get 60p.

He has a speed aspect to his game that none of the other FWDs have. He was the catalyst of the Koivu line. Before he was put on it, Koivu/Granny did nothing for scoring, and didn't look dangerous in the o-zone. That was the first 10? games of the season.

I'd like to see him repeat it this year before even considering giving him a $5m+ contract. Nino and Granlund are gonna just over $5m, do you see Zucker as close to them?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'd like to see him repeat it this year before even considering giving him a $5m+ contract. Nino and Granlund are gonna just over $5m, do you see Zucker as close to them?

If Granny and Nino both get just over $5m, GMCF is doing a heck of a job. Drouin got $5.5m for a lesser track record.

Anything over 60p is usually a $6m+ contract. $100k per point is a rough estimate for FWD contracts.

Zucker I see at ~$4.5m after last season. 25g/25a (not a stretch) season and he'll be right at the $5m/yr mark. He works on finishing his breakaways and he'll have a bunch of goals just from those.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Just FYI Galy refers to Brendan Gallagher the 5'9" RW that makes $3.75mx4. Chucky is Alex Galchenyuk.

If you're referring to Gallagher, I wouldn't make the trade. He's had some health issues the last couple of seasons. He's a goal scorer, but size and health bother me.

thanks, i def meant the russian who i want to provide insulation for kaprizov

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A good big young player that will put up 50+ pts looking for a new contract? Neither him nor Nino are elite defensively, or good for that matter. Very average.

Nino is physical, and is MUCH better defensively than Galchenyuk, who is a soft, albeit skilled, floater.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
thanks, i def meant the russian who i want to provide insulation for kaprizov

Like show him where to party and meet krazy womins?

I don't understand this need for more wingers. Wild could use a C, a backup G, and perhaps a bright young Dman prospect.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Like show him where to party and meet krazy womins?

I don't understand this need for more wingers. Wild could use a C, a backup G, and perhaps a bright young Dman prospect.

"This is Natalya. She is my sister. She is number-four prostitute in whole of Kazakhstan."

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Nino is physical, and is MUCH better defensively than Galchenyuk, who is a soft, albeit skilled, floater.

Have you watched him or is that what you hear from Habs fans. Nino isn't exactly good on defense, still my favorite player though, so your statement would imply Galchenyuk is a liability. I don't think that is true.

Schm9311

Mar 19, 2013
So with Pominville he has a NMC/NTC (whichever), but as of now it contains 10 teams he would be willing to trade to right? I know it expands to 20 but when does that occur? July 1st, or is it the date closer to pre-season start?

edit: put this in the wrong thread, apologies...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So with Pominville he has a NMC/NTC (whichever), but as of now it contains 10 teams he would be willing to trade to right? I know it expands to 20 but when does that occur? July 1st, or is it the date closer to pre-season start?

July 1.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Guess it depends on how many draft picks Vegas has this year and next. Did it ever stipulate if it's Vegas's 3rd or any potential 3rd that they have?

If they end up with 2 3rd rounders, they can give us either. End up with more than that, we get the 2nd one.

And, one way to look at this whole thing...

Haula lost to FA. He was gone anyway.
Tuch taken in ED
3rd round pick as compensation for losing Haula.

Looked at like that, Fletcher cleaned up.

WildFan1978

Jun 21, 2017
Toronto
If they end up with 2 3rd rounders, they can give us either. End up with more than that, we get the 2nd one.

And, one way to look at this whole thing...

Haula lost to FA. He was gone anyway.
Tuch taken in ED
3rd round pick as compensation for losing Haula.

Looked at like that, Fletcher cleaned up.

I, wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. Tuch for a third rounder in exchange for an RFA we wouldn't have been able to re-sign (with Granlund and Niederreiter, yet to sign), is a great deal IMHO. Kudos to you!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003

Reverse that. It's at 20 now and drops to 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad