Michael Russo: Haula + Tuch to Vegas for 3rd round pick (cond. 2017 or 2018) + Expansion Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
#25 + #68 would be nice, then. Would be happy for Marco. Playing in MTL would have to be a dream come true for him, and i think MTL would be happy to have him. Don't see Galchenyuk being a fit for us, unless he truly can play C.

If he's a wing then I think Zucker would have to be traded after the season. Chucky, Granny, Nino, and Parise would all have big contracts ($5m+) with long terms.

If he's a center then he'd just take Koivu's spot/money after next season. Then Zucker gets paid to be the 4th high priced wing.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I'm glad we're keeping Dumba. Kid's got a ton of potential and I would love to see him up his game HERE and not in Vegas.

I'll be cheering for Haula on the GKs.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Elliott Friedman was on NHL network and mentioned Minnesota and Montreal involving Galchenyuk.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
But what if we can't sign one of Nino or GRanlund because we kept Scandella around? 4M is a lot for a #5 Dman- which Scandella isn't- he is a top 4 guy. It's time for Olofsson and Reilly to prove their worth on the third pairing.

It's not like we wanted to lose picks. That was the price of getting Hanzal. The continued health of the team relies on draft picks.

I think there's more than enough room to sign them if we move on from Pominville, which we should absolutely do. If we need more cap space next year for more extensions, that's when I'd look at moving Scandella.

Trading Scandella for picks just doesn't seem like the right move for the current state of the team.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Really don't understand trading for picks. If we wanted picks, we shouldn't have traded for Hanzal. This team should go into next season with the strongest possible lineup. To me, that's with Scandella on the roster rather than Pominville.

Hanzal was acquired to prepare for a cup run.

Trading Scandella for picks would re-stock the cupboards a little. If we're in the position for another cup run, we acquire more help at the deadline.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Hanzal was acquired to prepare for a cup run.

Trading Scandella for picks would re-stock the cupboards a little. If we're in the position for another cup run, we acquire more help at the deadline.

I'd rather keep the defensive depth for another season. Especially with this being a weaker draft year. Trade Scandella for picks next year if need be.

Elliott Friedman was on NHL network and mentioned Minnesota and Montreal involving Galchenyuk.

Please be a deal around Scandella and not Brodin (if it does happen). We'll have to move Pommers to make the cap work, but this team would be deadly if we pull this off.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hypothetically, would you guys rather move Scandella for picks like 25-30 and 55-60 or move Brodin for 3OA?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Hypothetically, would you guys rather move Scandella for picks like 25-30 and 55-60 or move Brodin for 3OA?

Scandella, personally. But I'll admit I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the players available at the top of this draft.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Really don't understand trading for picks. If we wanted picks, we shouldn't have traded for Hanzal. This team should go into next season with the strongest possible lineup. To me, that's with Scandella on the roster rather than Pominville.

Well Pominville was the more valuable regular season player for us last year and Scandella probably has more value around the league regardless of Pominville's clause. We traded for Hanzal to make a cup run, if players continued to perform to their regular season performances our chances were pretty good in the west.

I'd rather picks not be the return but beggars can't be choosers and we need to shed cap space. Scandella's a good solution.

Scandella should be the one to go barring a ridiculous return for another player, regardless of what we can get for Scandella. I think Scandella's value is being overshot by quite a few people here if scouts actually watched him play during the 16/17 regular season.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
If he puts up 50+ points next year and we don't want to commit to whatever contract he'll be due, I imagine we'd get a pretty nice return in trade.

He'll just have to wait until 2018-2019 to start putting up those numbers :)

53ae44a3552229814206def5de7a2dbc62a8a5d7e8cea1d1a62927b6d9093244.jpg

I sort of wanted to keep Tuch and stack more big and fast skaters :( PLUS Haula was my favorite player on the team.

But Dumba is currently worth more than both of them combined...

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This was an amazing trade. We weren't going to be able to keep Haula and with Kaprizov, Kunin, Erickson Ek, and Greenway coming down the pike, Tuch was extraordinarily expendable. Not because he doesn't have a lot of upside, but we are just so staked in the realm of prospects.

Not sure what you expect from Greenway but he had a very disappointing season at BU. was good in world juniors though. Tuch had 18 goals as a soph in college and 18 in first pro season. Not as physical as greenway but much better scorer.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not sure what you expect from Greenway but he had a very disappointing season at BU. was good in world juniors though. Tuch had 18 goals as a soph in college and 18 in first pro season. Not as physical as greenway but much better scorer.

How did he have a disappointing season?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How didn't he? Not sure how much of him you saw. Just the world juniors?

Why don't you explain how he did since you're the one that claimed so? Or are you just blowing smoke out your ass? Is it because he didn't score as many goals as Tuch?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Why don't you explain how he did since you're the one that claimed so? Or are you just blowing smoke out your ass? Is it because he didn't score as many goals as Tuch?

I live out in the area and saw him a lot. Very inconsistent player with great physical tools. Doesn't always use them and not a great finisher.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Even at the WJC I wasn't super impressed with Greenway. Probably gonna be a better Chris Stewart if anything.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Something had to give and we should be able to live with this.

I have a weird feeling that losing Tuch could haunt us in the future and will definitely be waiting for Haula to present those incredible celebrations in future highlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad