Michael Russo: Haula + Tuch to Vegas for 3rd round pick (cond. 2017 or 2018) + Expansion Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Incorrect. Pominville has 10 teams he would accept a trade to right now and then it becomes 20 on July 1st.

You guys are arguing the same thing from different perspectives.

It's both... he has a 10 team trade acceptance list now... or a 20 team no trade list now... then a 20 team trade acceptance list on July first or a 10 team no trade list on July first. :laugh:

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
If they end up with 2 3rd rounders, they can give us either. End up with more than that, we get the 2nd one.

And, one way to look at this whole thing...

Haula lost to FA. He was gone anyway.
Tuch taken in ED
3rd round pick as compensation for losing Haula.

Looked at like that, Fletcher cleaned up.

Considering how many Dmen Vegas selected it seems a big part of their strategy was/is to acquire and trade a lot of Dmen.The Wild and Anaheim really could have changed the trade market for Dmen if they had been forced to trade players like Vatanen,Manson,Dumba,Brodin or even Olofsson.I am not so sure how good of a stratagy this was for Vegas,we'll see over the next couple of days,but it certainly worked in favor of the Wild.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Have you watched him or is that what you hear from Habs fans. Nino isn't exactly good on defense, still my favorite player though, so your statement would imply Galchenyuk is a liability. I don't think that is true.

Watched him. NOT a two way player. Nino has improved drastically defensively. Really, their games are not very similar.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Watched him. NOT a two way player. Nino has improved drastically defensively. Really, their games are not very similar.

IIRC Nino had amazing fancy stats defensively last season. He's a fine two way player.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think the Wild are not looking for a two way player. They are looking for a guy who can put up big offensive numbers while not being a Vanek liability in the d-zone. Up until this year Galchenyuk's GA60 numbers were decent. Maybe this year was an outlier?
IIRC Nino had amazing fancy stats defensively last season. He's a fine two way player.

Defensive stats look good when you are rarely in the d-zone. If people ever watch when the Wild are hemmed in the zone it looks like Nino is lost or can't decide if he should guard the point or mid half wall. He's too slow to move back and forth like other players do. People just don't usually see it cause as soon as the puck is in the o-zone it's likely staying there with him on the ice.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the Wild are not looking for a two way player. They are looking for a guy who can put up big offensive numbers while not being a Vanek liability in the d-zone. Up until this year Galchenyuk's GA60 numbers were decent. Maybe this year was an outlier?

Yeah I couldn't care less about a two way game, it's time we had a true elite offensive talent.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wizard. That's what Fletcher is. This situation was handled so well by him.

While we were all entering ED week like...

giphy.gif

Fletcher was like...

giphy.gif

And he walked away from the ED like...

1-DTyPWKB1Amq1TQvK_dXLVg.gif

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I feel like it will be tough decision to trade Pominville or Scandella...I mean both are valuable in their own way, but one (hopefully), maybe both need to be gone for cap reasons. I like the idea of Parise-EK-Pominville "3rd line," but what do you guys think?

I do think Parise/JEE/Pommer would be about the best line for JEE to get his feet wet in the NHL. By the end of the season it could be another 2nd line.

I think it's Scandella that goes this year. Olofsson/Reilly can take 3rd pair minutes. Dumba will get paid after the season and 5 $4m+ d-men isn't cap efficient.

Pommer goes next year. There just isn't an in-house replacement for him this season. I'm not ready to give Kunin 3rd line time with only a few AHL games under his belt. Stewie isn't good playing higher than 4th line minutes. Kaprizov takes his place next season.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
while there isnt a clear pommer replacement there will be plenty of free agents & even vegas will have some extra players if we only need a 1 year EL cheapo plug. wouldn't it be nice to still have graovac?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
while there isnt a clear pommer replacement there will be plenty of free agents & even vegas will have some extra players if we only need a 1 year EL cheapo plug. wouldn't it be nice to still have graovac?

Iowa has Carter, Anas, Lucia, Gabriel... and hopefully Kloos and Kunin pushing for spots in Minnesota.

I think Graovac has upside, but I'd like to give other prospects a shot.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Iowa has Carter, Anas, Lucia, Gabriel... and hopefully Kloos and Kunin pushing for spots in Minnesota.

I think Graovac has upside, but I'd like to give other prospects a shot.

Carter as a 13th FWD is the only one on the list I see making the opening day lineup.

Anas and Kloos are small and not sure how their game will translate to the NHL.

Lucia might be worth an injury callup this year, but he wasn't overly impressive in Iowa.

Kunin is the question mark. He could make it as a 4th liner next year, but I think I'd rather have him playing big minutes in Iowa learning how pro hockey works.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I do think Parise/JEE/Pommer would be about the best line for JEE to get his feet wet in the NHL. By the end of the season it could be another 2nd line.

I think it's Scandella that goes this year. Olofsson/Reilly can take 3rd pair minutes. Dumba will get paid after the season and 5 $4m+ d-men isn't cap efficient.

Pommer goes next year. There just isn't an in-house replacement for him this season. I'm not ready to give Kunin 3rd line time with only a few AHL games under his belt. Stewie isn't good playing higher than 4th line minutes. Kaprizov takes his place next season.

Parise seems to smother young players. He is also a lousy passer. Would rather see EK with younger players. He is a player who is wise beyond his years.

Maybe have Stewart or Coyle take the odd shift on his line to watch his back.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Parise seems to smother young players. He is also a lousy passer. Would rather see EK with younger players. He is a player who is wise beyond his years.

Maybe have Stewart or Coyle take the odd shift on his line to watch his back.

Coyle, Granny, and Nino are the only ones of the younger player that spent any real time with Parise prior to this season. Parise effectively killed most every line he was on last season.
-Coyle was too passive when he was on a line with ZP for sure. But that is more on Coyle and his tendency to disappear.
-Granny was just in over his head as a 2C. I think he did the best that he could, but he's not a good center.
-IIRC correctly Nino had the realization he was the best player on the Parise line and never looked back.

Just a question, when does ZP ever pass? He gets the puck, he shoots the puck. :popcorn:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Coyle, Granny, and Nino are the only ones of the younger player that spent any real time with Parise prior to this season. Parise effectively killed most every line he was on last season.
-Coyle was too passive when he was on a line with ZP for sure. But that is more on Coyle and his tendency to disappear.
-Granny was just in over his head as a 2C. I think he did the best that he could, but he's not a good center.
-IIRC correctly Nino had the realization he was the best player on the Parise line and never looked back.

Just a question, when does ZP ever pass? He gets the puck, he shoots the puck. :popcorn:

I will say, i'm not entirely convinced that after their successful years on wings, and big steps they took, one of or even both of Coyle and Granlund couldn't take that confidence they gained and transfer that success back to Center.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I will say, i'm not entirely convinced that after their successful years on wings, and big steps they took, one of or even both of Coyle and Granlund couldn't take that confidence they gained and transfer that success back to Center.

I agree with Coyle. I think he can be a decent #2C.

Granlund has the offensive game of a C, but he gets exhausted with the defensive duties. Better to keep him as a " point forward" ( to steal a basketball term). No way I want to mess with him.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Agree with this. Not that the Wild should build a roster around one of those guys at center, but when the inevitable injuries come I'd be very curious to see how one or both of them do there.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Granny loses some of the creativity aspect of his game if he moves back to center and wants to be responsible defensively. Koivu is a nice security blanket for him to be more assertive in the ozone. His zone entries are very good, but I don't think he'd get as many opportunities if he's playing as the deep FWD in the d-zone that the center role usually covers.

The center drops to the top of the crease and helps keep it clear a lot of times in the Wild d-zone structure. They also tend to stay in the slot in the o-zone. Coyle just fits that better than Granny imo.

Granny could move back to a 2C spot and rock it, but I think he's a better wing option.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Graovac was traded to Washington.

Yep, I was responding to the bolded below. ;)

Graovac would have been stuck in Iowa if we didn't trade him. Time to give other guys a shot.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm still unsure if Tuch is dynamic or not.

Also: my buddy got super excited when he heard about the trade. He called me saying, "dude! 'Touch' :)facepalm:) just saved us in the expansion draft!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad