Post-Game Talk: Hattrick! 4-2 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Last year we were fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot, and this year we already out and some of us are in tank mode, but I am really glad that we do not tank on purpose for its the right thing to do, it proves character and good morals when it comes to our Jets and TNSE. FYI: Helle needed to go back to the Moose for the wins and no pressure!

Tiny Wisdom: Not Taking the Easy Road

By Lori Deschene

“There are always two choices. Two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it’s easy.” -Unknown

I need to constantly remind myself to not do what’s easiest.

[mod: full story here - http://tinybuddha.com/quotes/tiny-wisdom-not-taking-the-easy-road/]

Go Jets Go! Forever More

Last edited by a moderator:

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
So happy for 55, he has really developed into an awesome center. He (and Ehlers) have been two of the brightest spots on this team despite the tough season.

I'm not going to get too far ahead of things, but I'm reasonably optimistic that this young core can take us places. It might not be next season or the one after, but it's impossible to not see the potential with these kids.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
That last goal from Scheifele needs to be in a gatorade commercial...or Morgan Freeman needs to say something inspirational while he busts apart from Subban...that was why you put in the hours training folks

Some really good young pieces on the team and I was watching and thinking that there's no Little, Trouba, Ehlers, Connor, Hellebuyck, Laine (yes) on the team right now. If those guys join in September it's lookin pretty damn alright

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Good job Schiefele!

That's my man...
Him and Little as 1c's anchoring 2 lines
Would be Awesome.

Since Ladd is not here anymore, I'm incline of Hoping Wheels play with Little.
Schiefele with Ehlers

Anyways all is good.

About that win though..... Hmmm

Matthews would be great as 3c next year.

I don't understand why many people (including Maurice it seems) are always wanting to break up Ehlers-Schiefele-Wheeler. That line has been insanely good and productive when they've been given some run.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I don't understand why many people (including Maurice it seems) are always wanting to break up Ehlers-Schiefele-Wheeler. That line has been insanely good and productive when they've been given some run.

Uh, because Maurice ain't much of a coach, for the future of the Jets and the up and coming young players we need a good young NHL coach, Maurice isn't that!

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Uh, because Maurice ain't much of a coach, for the future of the Jets and the up and coming young players we need a good young NHL coach, Maurice isn't that!

Sometimes we need to hold back before we judge, sipowicz your a good man I've seen it over and over on your posts but we got to give MO another season at least before we all judge remember MO is only as good as his Chevy! :sarcasm:

But we hear ya man!

Enjoy your Sunday, the last back to back.

Go Jets Go

Cheers bud! :)

btw I am sometimes known as the ***** Disturber but with a forging heart .;)

Last edited:

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
JoMo is so well spoken, he gives great interviews. Happy for 55 with his hatty tonight, I'm interested to see when Josh gets to choose his real number (so I know what jersey I'm getting next)!

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Going up against West Conf opponents in the playoffs I am with coach. Put Little on RW. Remember the Ducks.

Yes I do remember. I remember Little getting 2 goals and an assist in 4 games, being our best player in games 3 and 4, while playing injured. We are not moving Little to RW. Even if we draft a franchise center. Little will remain C until we have 2 other true top 6 proven NHL C's

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Wow, both Scheif and Morrissey gave fantastic interviews, both were in great moods and rightfully so since it was a huge night for both of them.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Sorry if it was already posted.I could not watch the game tonight how did Lipon do?Was he invisible?

My eye test told me Copp Lipon Hustle were miles better than Coop Thor Peluso. I thought Copp looked really good last night.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Last year we were fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot, and this year we already out and some of us are in tank mode, but I am really glad that we do not tank on purpose for its the right thing to do, it proves character and good morals when it comes to our Jets and TNSE. FYI: Helle needed to go back to the Moose for the wins and no pressure!

Tiny Wisdom: Not Taking the Easy Road

By Lori Deschene

“There are always two choices. Two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it’s easy.†-Unknown

I need to constantly remind myself to not do what’s easiest.

[mod: full story here - http://tinybuddha.com/quotes/tiny-wisdom-not-taking-the-easy-road/]

Go Jets Go! Forever More

Yes! Let's cheer for meaningless wins and lose out on that serious dose of high end skill that we need. I want this team to be structured to be a perennial playoff contender, not perennially contending for a playoff spot as the 8th seed. However, I will never actively cheer against the Jets. this will be my only post in the thread about tanking.

It's good to see the Chef get a hat trick. I'm still amazed that Taylor Hall took so long to get a hat trick. It took Scheifele comparatively less time.

I also liked how Morrissey attributed himself on the blue line. I am hoping that will see some real progression in his game. Patrick Williams, who covers the AHL and the most specifically, has noted the night and day differences in Morris he's game from the start of the season to now.

Last edited:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Posted this in the Morrissey thread. After I posted it i noticed that it is similar to what others are posting and what Pmo said in his presser.

The time in the AHL was well invested for Josh. He played a clean, quick, decisive game with some bite and that was a nice way to get the NHL career started.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
My eye test told me Copp Lipon Hustle were miles better than Coop Thor Peluso. I thought Copp looked really good last night.

Honestly, I'm not going to take any prevailing judgments away from the game they played last night. Montreal is a fundamentally broken team, both in game and in spirit. It's like going up against the Buffalo from last year and seeing how well your team is in comparison.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yes! Let's cheer for meaningless wins and lose out on that serious dose of high end skill that we need. I want this team to be structured to be a perennial playoff contender, not perennially contending for a playoff spot as the 8th seed.

Meh

Even the leagues worst duck suckers are going to win some games down the stretch I have decided this time around to enjoy the moment when it happens even though I know losses are better for the greater good.

Last night at home vs a Habs team that had so many fans in our building with Schief getting the Hatty and Subs having a horrid night seems like as good a place as any to enjoy a rare moment of victory.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Honestly, I'm not going to take any prevailing judgments away from the game they played last night. Montreal is a fundamentally broken team, both in game and in spirit. It's like going up against the Buffalo from last year and seeing how well your team is in comparison.

This we agree on......Montreal looked terrible so any positives I saw from our team I will add the noted astric.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Meh

Even the leagues worst duck suckers are going to win some games down the stretch I have decided this time around to enjoy the moment when it happens even though I know losses are better for the greater good.

Last night at home vs a Habs team that had so many fans in our building with Schief getting the Hatty and Subs having a horrid night seems like as good a place as any to enjoy a rare moment of victory.

Yeah, the hatty from Chef and sad Habs fans make the win that much nicer. :D

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, the hatty from Chef and sad Habs fans make the win that much nicer. :D

Last time we were in semi tank mode (2014) I got very angry with our win in Calgary and I said never again. Now I am relaxed and I realize losses are best for this team but I allow myself to enjoy the winz. Our team is pretty gutted and we have terrible goaltending so I sense we will finish bottom five and then we have to prey for luck.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Last time we were in semi tank mode (2014) I got very angry with our win in Calgary and I said never again. Now I am relaxed and I realize losses are best for this team but I allow myself to enjoy the winz. Our team is pretty gutted and we have terrible goaltending so I sense we will finish bottom five and then we have to prey for luck.

I hope we prey on the Oilers for their luck.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Going up against West Conf opponents in the playoffs I am with coach. Put Little on RW. Remember the Ducks.

Da hell?! :whaaa?: And to say that with Burmi as our #2 center man at that right now. :laugh: There's no guarantee we get another center so to think Little has to move to RW for us to be successful is just ludicrous. Scheif still has some work to do defensively to get to Little's level there. But yeh, sure, BURMI FOR #2 CENTER!!! :laugh:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Yes! Let's cheer for meaningless wins and lose out on that serious dose of high end skill that we need. I want this team to be structured to be a perennial playoff contender, not perennially contending for a playoff spot as the 8th seed. However, I will never actively cheer against the Jets. this will be my only post in the thread about tanking.

It's good to see the Chef get a hat trick. I'm still amazed that Taylor Hall took so long to get a hat trick. It took Scheifele comparatively less time.

I also liked how Morrissey attributed himself on the blue line. I am hoping that will see some real progression in his game. Patrick Williams, who covers the AHL and the most specifically, has noted the night and day differences in Morris he's game from the start of the season to now.

not disagreeing with you, but it's funny that you mention Scheifele and Morrissey, two players picked out of the top 5 in the draft, and they're key to this team's future.

of course i want in on the top 3 (well, top 4) this year, but you can't expect the team to lose out the string, esp when we're talking about games vs Edmonton, Buffalo and Mtl in the back 20?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
not disagreeing with you, but it's funny that you mention Scheifele and Morrissey, two players picked out of the top 5 in the draft, and they're key to this team's future.

of course i want in on the top 3 (well, top 4) this year, but you can't expect the team to lose out the string, esp when we're talking about games vs Edmonton, Buffalo and Mtl in the back 20?

There's no discounting the talent that can be had after a top five pick in the draft, but the further back you go, the longer they take to get to the show and the less likely they have fulfilling NHL careers that a top 3 or 5 pick would have on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad