Post-Game Talk: Hattrick! 4-2 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Agreed, Winnipeg seems to be a draft and deploy team to me.

The only player the Jets arguably rushed was Petan and he didn't take long to get sent down. I have no complaints about the management of the prospects otherwise.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Besides old people does anyone under 85 watch curling on TV, does anyone actually know someone that curls nowadays, my grandparents curled but that was back in the days when there was nothing else to do. Curling gets way too much coverage considering the amount of people who participate in the sport or even watch it (zzzzzzzzzz....) on TV!
Again, Sip uses targeted vitriol, again he is wrong. Maybe re-think next time you want to dole out some negativity.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
The only player the Jets arguably rushed was Petan and he didn't take long to get sent down. I have no complaints about the management of the prospects otherwise.

which makes the Petan thing all that more strange.
Morrissey got the perfect amount of seasoning. in fact, i wouldn't be shocked if he started with the Moose next year, since he'd continue to develop there.
but Petan was weird. kept with the Jets too long, then sent to the Moose and, now with the injuries, Lipon's called up before him.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Morrissey got the perfect amount of seasoning. in fact, i wouldn't be shocked if he started with the Moose next year, since he'd continue to develop there.
but Petan was weird. kept with the Jets too long, then sent to the Moose and, now with the injuries, Lipon's called up before him.

There's a maturity issue with Petan. I recall he was a healthy scratch with the Moose earlier this season for being late for practice.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Funny, I seem to remember them having Scheif start in the NHL TWICE and being sent down both times. Guess he wasn't being developed either.... :rolleyes:

if memory serves me correctly, he had a GREAT pre-season in his draft year. so he did deserve the look.
i think year 2 was more of "you're at the age where you can make the team, but show us something to show you deserve to make the team."
he looked overmatched in his time with the team.
so, again, no fault. and what, 4 games? that's nothing.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

How exactly do we know this already? It may prove true down the road but as of now it's still very much up in the air.

Again I ask, how do we know this already? I think we're making a lot of assumptions based on what we think we know, the idea that slowly moving up league to league is always best for every prospect, and a little bit of hindsight.

A whole hell of a lot is up in the air still and it'll be a couple more years at the least before we get a very good grasp on these guys.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I think Connor stays at Michigan, and Lemieux starts in the AHL. I also think Lemieux is more likely to make the Jets (4th line) than many think.

Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Armia
Petan-Lowry-Stafford
Burmi-Copp-Thorburn

If the Jets move Burmi and/or Stafford for D or futures and go younger again....

Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Armia
Petan-Lowry-Connor
Lemieux-Copp-Thorburn

No Dano?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Ahem.......Stan Bowman. I like Sceif better than most but c'mon. You can't believe Scheifele deserved to be in the first 16. Coutourier was picked to kill penalties. Scheif's resume at the time they made those choices was playing as a #2 center. Don't forget he really cooled off after Ladd laid him out in practice.

Co-general managers Peter Chiarelli (Oilers) and Stan Bowman.

Head coach Todd McLellan (Oilers)

Assistant Coach Jay Woodcroft (Oilers)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Co-general managers Peter Chiarelli (Oilers) and Stan Bowman.

Head coach Todd McLellan (Oilers)

Assistant Coach Jay Woodcroft (Oilers)

What did I say that was incorrect?Stan Bowman has a big role no?

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Is this true.? That's very surprising to me...

Its true. Kostalek was scratched for the same game, for the same reason.. Petan was in the doghouse for a little bit after the game he was scratched (next game 4th line minutes for first 2 periods) but it didn't take him long to get back to normal.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Besides old people does anyone under 85 watch curling on TV, does anyone actually know someone that curls nowadays, my grandparents curled but that was back in the days when there was nothing else to do. Curling gets way too much coverage considering the amount of people who participate in the sport or even watch it (zzzzzzzzzz....) on TV!

"And it's not just basketball that gets run over by curling's popularity. Last weekend's men's final was watched by an average audience of 413,000 on CBC, outdrawing some pretty big players. It put up bigger numbers than Rogers' much-hyped Sunday night hockey game between Calgary and Chicago, Monday Night Football, a Broncos-Chargers NFL game and a whole lot more.

If curling still isn't getting respect, it certainly should."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-game/the-great-canadian-ratings-report--195740434.html

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I like him, but he needs to work on his quickness and fitness before he'll be a fixture. Still, it's obvious that the Jets have substantial depth in young players. We might also have a top forward from the 2016 draft.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
"And it's not just basketball that gets run over by curling's popularity. Last weekend's men's final was watched by an average audience of 413,000 on CBC, outdrawing some pretty big players. It put up bigger numbers than Rogers' much-hyped Sunday night hockey game between Calgary and Chicago, Monday Night Football, a Broncos-Chargers NFL game and a whole lot more.

If curling still isn't getting respect, it certainly should."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-game/the-great-canadian-ratings-report--195740434.html

The numbers don't mean squat, the age demographic isn't one advertisers covet, the generation watching curling is buying Boost and Ensure and probably certain adult products that babies also use.:sarcasm:

I've had to watch curling in the past but that's only because grandma was sitting on the remote!:rant:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Bed ridden, sick as an old dog last 2 days...

Took in the game, in and out of delirium...

Did I imagine the Jets won in regulation ?

To top it off the Chef notched a 'trick'...

I should get deathly ill more often... (no piling on now) ;)

psy-toilet-being-sick-snoop-dogg-dancing-in-the-bath-14054448961.gif

Too many Cadbury Eggs again ?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
The numbers don't mean squat, the age demographic isn't one advertisers covet, the generation watching curling is buying Boost and Ensure and probably certain adult products that babies also use.:sarcasm:

I've had to watch curling in the past but that's only because grandma was sitting on the remote!:rant:

I'm a millennial and I know tons of people that both watch curling and participate in it. I don't watch it personally but do enjoy playing it. Everyone has different tastes dude, stop yelling at clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad