Has this always been here?

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
This page is so babysitted nowadays. I think they just deleted a thread which was questioning the privacy cookie problem which has been on this page for half a year or something. Yesterday they closed the interesting thread about world cup because people were talking about Russians participation which is extremely related as they are excluded from the tournament. I remember the time when freedom of speech was existing

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
This page is so babysitted nowadays. I think they just deleted a thread which was questioning the privacy cookie problem which has been on this page for half a year or something. Yesterday they closed the interesting thread about world cup because people were talking about Russians participation which is extremely related as they are excluded from the tournament. I remember the time when freedom of speech was existing
The climate has gotten a lot worse though. There are much more name calling and not using proper arguments.

Reactions: John Price

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The climate has gotten a lot worse though. There are much more name calling and not using proper arguments.

We have both been here for quite sometime.

I truly miss the Lounge circa 2010. There was a great travel thread and other discussion going on. 99% of the posts on this board are now just about running posting totals and stuff like that or see who can create the stupidest thread.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Used to be worse than this, back in the day you couldnt even swear "this is a family friendly site" Now shit is allowed but F**K is what comes up. LOL as if a kid isnt going to figure that out. Now you get the troll tracker/stomper/sniper whatever its called after you. How about let me hear it from a moderator

Reactions: John Price

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Used to be worse than this, back in the day you couldnt even swear "this is a family friendly site" Now shit is allowed but F**K is what comes up. LOL as if a kid isnt going to figure that out. Now you get the troll tracker/stomper/sniper whatever its called after you. How about let me hear it from a moderator

Wishful thinking.

TrollStomper is terrible.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Remember all the nasty PM's we received as mods?

I remember a dude cussing me out in Italian, not knowing that my grandfather passed that word down to me when I was young :laugh:

I sure do, but even now that I've been back on the other side for a while I'd still rather have that option of actual communication, instead of some faceless drone you can't even reason with. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad