Has there ever been so many Jewish NHL players of this caliber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Wow, very impressive list actually - I had no idea!

It feels to me like the successes of the NY teams may have had a lot of residual effect that's starting to show up more and more. Probably the Devils successes too. I think in particular the Rangers have been well-represented in pop culture from 80s/90s sitcoms to late-night television and movies where many prominent Jewish actors/personalities wear the Rangers jerseys regularly going back to the 80s and 90s (from memory).

A couple of other important hockey figures would be Sam Rosen and Gary Bettman.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Wow, very impressive list actually - I had no idea!

It feels to me like the successes of the NY teams may have had a lot of residual effect that's starting to show up more and more. Probably the Devils successes too. I think in particular the Rangers have been well-represented in pop culture from 80s/90s sitcoms to late-night television and movies where many prominent Jewish actors/personalities wear the Rangers jerseys regularly going back to the 80s and 90s (from memory).

A couple of other important hockey figures would be Sam Rosen and Gary Bettman.

Bettman, sure.... but i think you may be overrating the importance of Sam Rosen.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Has there ever been this many Jewish NHL players of this calibre (sic, including our friends from across the pond) ?

Adam Fox
Zach Hyman
Jack Hughes
Quinn Hughes
Luke Hughes
Jason Zucker
Jakob Chychrun

I don't think I've ever seen so many top NHL players who are also members of the tribe at one time in the NHL.
I mean basically half that list comes from one single family.

But yeah, it is a higher calibre list than ever before

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Buiums are coming soon, too.

The Buiums are coming! The Buiums are coming!!!

image1.jpg

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Has there ever been this many Jewish NHL players of this calibre (sic, including our friends from across the pond) ?

Adam Fox
Zach Hyman
Jack Hughes
Quinn Hughes
Luke Hughes
Jason Zucker
Jakob Chychrun

I don't think I've ever seen so many top NHL players who are also members of the tribe at one time in the NHL.
has there ever been this many?
you'll have to ask Andrew Berkshire.

The frozen Chosen baby

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Are they permitted to take shots on net during Passover?

No, but they need to drink 4 glasses of wine

Ok, that shit is funny.

The Ruben Goldstein shit isn’t, just some stereotyping lowbrow ape humor.

Anyways- half Jewish here, and I remember googling professional Jewish athletes as a teen. It’s.. not a long list, and the unathletic Jew is absolutely a stereotype. So, like- seeing Jews exceed in the NHL is cool. Seeing black players exceed is cool, or Asian players, because those are minority groups in the NHL, and that representation might matter to someone. Had no clue the Hughes were Jewish, that’s dope.

PS- Jew is not actually derogatory, but the fact that you likely think it is kinda speaks to the context we’re all inculcated in.

Sorry to be all serious, glad these guys are having success and are likely inspiring a lot of kids!

Reactions: Rowlet

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Adam Fox
Zach Hyman
Jack Hughes
Quinn Hughes
Luke Hughes
Jason Zucker
Jakob Chychrun

and Jordan Harris

Reactions: Aeroforce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad