Has it sunk in for you yet?

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I was going crazy last night.... Luckily it wasn't a 7:30 game or I would have woken up neighbors.

These next 4-7 games are going to be brutal on my heart.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
I am so pumped. I know I don't post here a ton (I read all the time, Sharks fans are best fans!) but I've been a Sharks fan since I was 7 years old. It's about so much more than winning championships but it would be a fantastic thing to experience and a great memory among many. Hell even just being in it is a fantastic feeling.

My favorite memories of the Sharks have been the aspirational type seasons, where we overachieve a bit instead of ride lofty expectations all year long.

I may have to make the drive down from Portland if there is a weekend game! Believe game 6 against the Pens would be on a saturday.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
Been watching for years, have not logged in for awhile. I grew up, moved out of state, started a family and this run has got me right back into the swing of things! Last night was so special and I wish I could have been back in Cali. But its really the small things that make me smile. I can't wait to see that Stanley Cup Finals patch on our sweater for the first time. :yo:

I still can't believe this is real.

But your post brings up a good question. Are they gonna remove that amazing 25th patch for the SCF patch? I mean, Im fine with it, its the SCF, but that patch is awesome lol

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
this is dream

i could not sit down from the start of the second period. i'm still getting goosebumps every time i think about it.

casubieowner

Nov 4, 2011
San Jose, CA
It's a sense of jubilation that after all the years of playoff heartbreak that the Sharks are going to be playing for the Stanley Cup.

Also, realizing that the job is not quite finished yet and that four more wins are needed

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Been watching for years, have not logged in for awhile. I grew up, moved out of state, started a family and this run has got me right back into the swing of things! Last night was so special and I wish I could have been back in Cali. But its really the small things that make me smile. I can't wait to see that Stanley Cup Finals patch on our sweater for the first time. :yo:

It's realizations of these kinds of small realities that are really getting me giddy right now

Docter419

Dec 28, 2005
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I still can't believe this is real.

But your post brings up a good question. Are they gonna remove that amazing 25th patch for the SCF patch? I mean, Im fine with it, its the SCF, but that patch is awesome lol

No way they will have both patches and it will be the most awesome sweater in team history!

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Been a fan for 23 years. I've only cried once in that 23 years (not Sharks related)

Went to the game last night. That final few seconds, I had to fight back the tears. All of the years of heart break. The thousands of dollars I've spent. The miles I've traveled with my wife to see them play in 15 arenas now.

It all came at me at once. Even getting to this point, it's all been worth it.

bbison

Oct 16, 2004
San Jose
Here's when it sunk in:

tO5VDGw.jpg

Every year, you hope this is the one when you get to rip the last page out of the ticket books (or use the bottom row of the playoff strip up to a few years ago.)

You know...the ones that say Game M. Game N. Game O. Game P. Some years, they even put the Cup right on them.

Most years, they went in the shredder. Another season of not quite good enough to get to the back of the book.

But not this time. This time it's for real.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
It sunk in when I went to buy tickets and everything was either $500.00 or no seats available. :cry:

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I've been waiting for it to "sink in" and it hasn't. I feel nervously optimistic just like I do every year during the playoffs. I'm probably more optimistic this year because the Sharks look great.

Let's face it. That wasn't THE big win. We are further than we have ever been but we aren't done. Four more wins and I'm sure it will sink in. For now, keep play'n boys.

GO SHARKS!!!

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
I've been waiting for it to "sink in" and it hasn't. I feel nervously optimistic just like I do every year during the playoffs. I'm probably more optimistic this year because the Sharks look great.

Let's face it. That wasn't THE big win. We are further than we have ever been but we aren't done. Four more wins and I'm sure it will sink in. For now, keep play'n boys.

GO SHARKS!!!

Me too - not ready to be happy, yet. Still four more wins to go.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
You know today I was thinking about the little irrelevant things to help let it sink in. The stuff like: The Sharks now either have the 29th or 30th draft pick which goes to Boston thus making the trade for Jones that much sweeter, the Sharks have worn Teal this entire playoffs helping to break these playoff doldrums of recent years, the sharks look like they are having a ton of fun, stuff like that. No matter how they do in the series, I'm proud of this team this year and I'm sorry I wanted Doug Wilson fired.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
You know today I was thinking about the little irrelevant things to help let it sink in. The stuff like: The Sharks now either have the 29th or 30th draft pick which goes to Boston thus making the trade for Jones that much sweeter, the Sharks have worn Teal this entire playoffs helping to break these playoff doldrums of recent years, the sharks look like they are having a ton of fun, stuff like that. No matter how they do in the series, I'm proud of this team this year and I'm sorry I wanted Doug Wilson fired.

I really hope they switch to the throwbacks as our 3rd like Pittsburgh. The black jerseys are terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad