Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Some players just play better as the levels increase. I think of McDonagh a lot. He looked good in Hartford, don't get me wrong, but when he was called up I remember thinking he hadn't looked that good yet and maybe the callup felt early. But some players just play better and better as the players and structure around them gets better. Might be an IQ thing as their peers IQ is also better?

Either way I like that a lot of these guys are getting better as they go. Experience always helps too.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Some players just play better as the levels increase. I think of McDonagh a lot. He looked good in Hartford, don't get me wrong, but when he was called up I remember thinking he hadn't looked that good yet and maybe the callup felt early. But some players just play better and better as the players and structure around them gets better. Might be an IQ thing as their peers IQ is also better?

Either way I like that a lot of these guys are getting better as they go. Experience always helps too.
I see Perrault that way to a great extent. As he goes up levels the players who he can key off, who can find him in the open spaces he always finds and who he will be feeding with chances are better and better. He’s not a speed merchant, primarily rush type scorer. He’s a guy that works with and creates chances for his teammates. So the better THEY are… the more successful he will be. And he will raise his linemates’ level of success as well.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I see Perrault that way to a great extent. As he goes up levels the players who he can key off, who can find him in the open spaces he always finds and who he will be feeding with chances are better and better. He’s not a speed merchant, primarily rush type scorer. He’s a guy that works with and creates chances for his teammates. So the better THEY are… the more successful he will be. And he will raise his linemates’ level of success as well.

It's why I'd rather Perreault stay at BC until he's ready to take an NHL job. His game revolves around his hockey IQ.......kind of like Fox and Panarin. To me that's something that would be pretty much wasted in Hartford. He's better off getting the college experience than riding buses all over the East Coast. I'm thinking he might be ready for the NHL tail end of next year or 25-26. A little more strength and maybe a little heavier and he's probably good to go.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
It's why I'd rather Perreault stay at BC until he's ready to take an NHL job. His game revolves around his hockey IQ.......kind of like Fox and Panarin. To me that's something that would be pretty much wasted in Hartford. He's better off getting the college experience than riding buses all over the East Coast. I'm thinking he might be ready for the NHL tail end of next year or 25-26. A little more strength and maybe a little heavier and he's probably good to go.
Yeah. BC is the move for him.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
With Perreault hockey IQ. Any chance he plays center as a pro like Kevin Hayes did?
aren't you the same person who gave me a cutny reply when i asked if berard and pageau could be compared because "you cannot compare players who play different positions?"

I just checked. You are. what gives lol

Reactions: RangersFan1994

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Providence scores on one Garand might want back. it was a good shot, but clear-sighted. 2-1 Pack.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
This from an experienced New England hockey writer from tonight's game:

Divver corrected himself almost immediately on Mancini being a draft pick and not a free agent..

And just as I write this Mancini shot tipped in by Pitlick.

A bad turnover allowed Providence to tie it, but Pitlick just scored with 34 seconds left to make it 3-2 Pack. Mancini and Berard with the assists.

An experienced hockey writer should know that he wasn't a free agent.
Not clear who made the turnover but Robertson and Broulliard were defenseman on ice for both goals.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Not clear who made the turnover but Robertson and Broulliard were defenseman on ice for both goals.
I didn't see a replay, but it looked like Robertson passed it to Broulliard behind the net against at 2-man forecheck. Broulliard couldn't handle the pass, and the forechecker passed to a wide-open man in the slot. The Pack forwards were nowhere in sight. Just a bad play all around.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Brouillard is a very feisty smaller defenseman who can put up points but he takes a ton of minors and he's not very good defensively. All season long he was taking penalties at bad moments---such as when his team was trying to close out a game. Rangers signed him as a free agent on a one year deal. I'm thinking they probably should not sign him again. Robertson hasn't progressed as much as hoped but his partner tonight can be an issue.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
This from an experienced New England hockey writer from tonight's game:

FA gaffe aside, it does seem like a good thing if he's looking good jumping into this level from NCAA.

don't want to get ahead of myself but he's obv a top 4 stalwart for years to come

Reactions: Ranger Ric

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad