Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Damn so close what a place by Korczak and Berard in tight almost buries it.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Going to OT. The Wolfpack has been the better team. After getting outshot 7-0, Hartford ended up outshooting Providence 24-23.

Berard has had a bunch of chance but hasn't been able to pot one yet. Hopefully he can get in OT.

Reactions: bl02

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Leschyshyn scores in OT! Pack going to the next round!

Mancini had the shot and it bounced and then deflected off Lesch. Sykora made a great play before Mancini's shot to strip the puck from the defender and get the play started. Don't think he got an assist, but it was a great play.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The goal is officially Lesch from Mancini and Othmann.

Hershey is likely the next opponent. They lead Lehigh Valley 2 games to 1, with game 4 tomorrow night.

Reactions: egelband

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The goal is officially Lesch from Mancini and Othmann.

Hershey is likely the next opponent. They lead Lehigh Valley 2 games to 1, with game 4 tomorrow night.
I'm guessing we have a better shot vs Lehigh Valley?

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Early in the season, the big reason Berard looked better, is because he got a lot of his points at 5v5 and Othmann had a bad plus-minus because he was always on the ice with the goalie pulled (6v5) leading to a minus a lot.

However, the last 2 months it has evened out a bit with Othmann scoring more 5v5.

I still think Berard is the more impressive rookie in Hartford this season, but his upside may be limited. I could easily see both make the team out of camp in September.

I don't think Berard's upside is limited. He's flying out there, great speed and terrific hockey sense. Sees the ice well, fearless. If you compare him to the borderline NHLers on the roster (Nash, Leschyshyn, Blidh, Petan), he looks easily better than them.

At this point, I'd pencil him in as a Rangers forward to start the season in October. If he doesn't make it, there is always a trade that can be made by giving up a 2-4 rounder for a bottom-6 player later in the 2024-25 season, but I wouldn't waste cap space or picks to get someone more experienced to start the season.

I think he starts as a simple game, energy player, which is how Kreider started around the same age. Obviously Kreider is a different player given his size, but the point is that Berard can start as an energy player and progress to something much more by his mid-20s. I think he has very realistic top-6 potential.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
I love sykora hustle. He just needs to add weight to that frame.
Hopefully he eats his steak and potatoes and we got another solid player in 2 or so years

He may be the best prospect in Hartford when you think about his age. He gets major ES minutes, PP and PK, and does everything well despite being an underager rookie. He needs to be told that 'a steak a day keeps the AHL away,' but I think once he gets more built and cleans up some of the rookie stuff, he will be good. I suspect the Rangers/Pack agree because they wouldn't throw him in every possible situation at this stage if they didn't think of him as a long term asset. If the 2022 draft was re-done this summer, Sykora goes way higher than late second round.

Reactions: egelband and maris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad