Post-Game Talk: Happy New year ! LEAFS WIN!

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
lol they keep bringing me back with new hope...

was calling it quits when they kept babcock after the second bruins loss, but then they hired keefe and went on a bit of a run.

was calling it quits after that embarrassing montreal loss, but then matthews has the greatest regular season for any leafs player ever and took the dynasty tampa team to game 7 and were right there with them. series was a coin toss.

was calling it quits after an offseason where the leafs looked like they were falling behind all their peers, but then in the face of many injuries, they play a strong team defense game and go on a tear.

This is the burden a Leaf fan must carry. Akin to the curse of the Bambino, it can only be broken with a Cup win, just one...please...somehow...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Absolutely, but it is only one key piece.

And there are good options out there on the trade market. That is why they are heavy in on Horvat, but even then they could go after ROR, Monahan, or Toews.

I remember How it ended for ROR in Colorado I doubt that happens

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

was calling it quits when they kept babcock after the second bruins loss, but then they hired keefe and went on a bit of a run.

was calling it quits after that embarrassing montreal loss, but then matthews has the greatest regular season for any leafs player ever and took the dynasty tampa team to game 7 and were right there with them. series was a coin toss.

was calling it quits after an offseason where the leafs looked like they were falling behind all their peers, but then in the face of many injuries, they play a strong team defense game and go on a tear.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
6AEA97A4-C45C-41A2-941F-5E5E31F7BF87.jpeg

Oooooh yeah brother!

Happy New Year Leaf fans, you crazy, resilient bastards…

Last edited:

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

We were on almost the exact same wavelength up until this year. It doesn't matter how amazing this team is playing right now, until they win a Playoff round at the absolute very least, I'm not getting my hopes up with them ever again. Even if they went 82-0.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Was watching the Av play-by-play. They would not shut up about how awesome Marner is.
Can you argue with that? Hell, you could substitute in Matthews or Nylander and get the same result.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Excellent effort by the team. They bounced back really well from that average game against Bettman's offspring in that travesty of a building. I thought Marner, Brodie, and Holl were our best players tonight. Happy New Year's everyone.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This team is nuts

They play the worst period all season in the 3rd and lose to a really bad Coyotes team then turn around 2 days later and give the reigning cup champs a beat down, the Avs have injuries but still

Happy New Year to you all, it's 5:00 in the afternoon over here, so we had new years about 17 hours ago
We're a fair way ahead of you in New Zealand

Reactions: Al14, kb and Buds17

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This team is nuts

They play the worst period all season in the 3rd and lose to a really bad Coyotes team then turn around 2 days later and give the reigning cup champs a beat down, the Avs have injuries but still

Happy New Year to you all, it's 5:00 in the afternoon over here, so we had new years about 17 hours ago
We're a fair way ahead of you in New Zealand
Boston's been on a tear all season, yet they lost to OTT and BUF this week. Happens to everyone.

Good win to end the year on a positive note, looking forward to the next one. GLG!!

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Boston's been on a tear all season, yet they lost to OTT and BUF this week. Happens to everyone.

Good win to end the year on a positive note, looking forward to the next one. GLG!!

I think we have lost to the Coyotes 4 times in the last 2 seasons
I can understand losing to inferior competition sometimes but this is getting ridiculous
Especially when you consider how good we've been and how bad they have been the last couple of seasons

The odds on that would be astronomical

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad