Post-Game Talk: Happy New year ! LEAFS WIN!

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I noticed that a tone would sound during the play whenever the Leafs power play came to an end. Is that allowed? I've never heard that before. When Avs power play ended there was no tone.
been doing it for a couple of years so clearly the league doesn't have an issue with it. I like that idea to tho there is a little bit of a benefit to Colorado.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Great win last night and only a mild hangover this morning.

Wishing everyone a healthy and prosperous new year!

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
They have to regress to the norm at some point.

I recall they were the team most Leaf fans wanted the Leafs to play in the playoffs.

Somehow Bergeron deciding to come back for a year invigorates the team into a beast. I don't watch enough of their games this year to get it, clearly a stifling defense seems to be their M.O but no one could have predicted their half season results.

Leafs squeaked out a 2-1 win against them while at home, just a slushfest, quicksand victory.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
They only lost Kadri (and Kuemper but he wasn't all that great anyways) and just have some major injuries.
They need a new top 6 center but otherwise they are pretty much the same team when healthy.
They also lost Burakovsky.
And Kuemper wasn't great for them in the playoffs, but he was great for them in the regular season.

Reactions: Buds17

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Why is it that TOR has beaten COL (last year's Cup Champs), BOS, TB, DAL, WSH, NJ, CAR, PIT, MIN but always loses to the friggen Arizona Coyotes?

Their inability to beat that joke of a franchise really frustrates and infuriates me.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I noticed that a tone would sound during the play whenever the Leafs power play came to an end. Is that allowed? I've never heard that before. When Avs power play ended there was no tone.
I heard it as well, but I believe it's some kind of heads up to the broadcast teams through their headset, and that somehow it bled into the broadcast audio stream. I think they were remote again last night. I don't think anybody in the arena could hear it.

The broadcast teams have facts, figures and interesting bits that they can relay to the viewer during the PP, PK and 5v5. I'm guessing it tells them to switch screens, maybe

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007

I heard it as well, but I believe it's some kind of heads up to the broadcast teams through their headset, and that somehow it bled into the broadcast audio stream. I think they were remote again last night. I don't think anybody in the arena could hear it.

The broadcast teams have facts, figures and interesting bits that they can relay to the viewer during the PP, PK and 5v5. I'm guessing it tells them to switch screens, maybe
That was definitely audible in the arena. It's a sound from Super Mario Bros.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
nice bounce back for Murr. Solid road win against a quality Avs team. I know they have their injury trouble, but they had all of their major players last night.

It wasn't a perfect game by any means, but I think the one thing I am most happy about is not conceeding a goal in the 3rd period. We all knew the Avs were going to come out with urgency, so to be able to lock that down was very impressive.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I recall they were the team most Leaf fans wanted the Leafs to play in the playoffs.

Somehow Bergeron deciding to come back for a year invigorates the team somehow into a beast. I don't watch enough of their games this year to get it, clearly a stifling defense seems to be their M.O but no one could ave predicted their half season results.

Leafs squeaked out a 2-1 win against them while at home, just a slushfest, quicksand victory.
Ullmark has a 938 save percentage, which is more than likely unsustainable for the entire season, as is their 830 team points percentage.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I'm still shocked that Kerfoot missed that easy tap in goal when he had a chance.

The last goalie I saw be so badly out of position like that in an NHL game was Hutchinson.

Obo

Nov 20, 2019
Anyone who believes in craniometry of phrenology should have their head examined. :sarcasm:
How about trepanning? Can we go back to that? Or is it the reason all of our defencemen were out?

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Yeah i thought I heard that too... Leafs power play ended, and there was a nintendo-like "power up" sound when their guy got back on the ice. Kinda like it actually.
Yeah I remember watching a game in Arizona and lil
Jon would come on after the Powerplay was done with his yehhh sound

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Nice solid win last night. Murray’s goals against were not the most dangerous shots on him last night, but he locked it down when it mattered most.

Marner’s edges on his goal, fake left then his left skate..geesh …my legs would break if I tried that.

Matthews patience on his goal. Nice feed by Nylander.

Jarnkrok making some nice plays on his assists.

Bunting going to the dirty spots.

Kerfoot with high impact plays both ways. Great defensive stick, and dumb penalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad