Hanifin vs. Chychrun

Which defenseman would you rather for us now/going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
lmao no.

Mikkola was serviceable. Harpur is one of the worst players in the league any time he sets foot on the ice.

I think we may be mis-remembering Mikkola here.

Mikkola came over and was lamented as one of St Louis' worst d-men and his stats were pretty poor. 3 points in 50 games plated
5 takeaways to 20 giveaways
-6.7 CF rel @ 5v5

I think people realized that he was a bigger guy and that may help but he wasn't some marquee name

To put that in perspective, Edmundson:
4 points in 37 games
6 takeaways to 21 giveaways
+0.9 CF rel @ 5v5

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I think we may be mis-remembering Mikkola here.

Mikkola came over and was lamented as one of St Louis' worst d-men and his stats were pretty poor. 3 points in 50 games plated
5 takeaways to 20 giveaways
-6.7 CF rel @ 5v5

I think people realized that he was a bigger guy and that may help but he wasn't some marquee name

To put that in perspective, Edmundson:
4 points in 37 games
6 takeaways to 21 giveaways
+0.9 CF rel @ 5v5

Mikkola was probably our 2nd best Dman in the playoffs, but that's really not saying much. Edmundson sucks though and I wouldnt pay a 7th for him

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I see these names being thrown around constantly (cant fathom how Hanifin moves the needle at all for us). Looking to see where everyone stands for a preference....and why you feel that way.

Yes, I know it would take a different package for each.....just wanting to gauge the preference for our blueline, knowing it would sting based on the assets it would take to acquire either one.

Neither ..

Jacob Middleton

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Middleton is just giving up resources to replace Lindgren with Lindgren.

1000003272.png

• Haha
Reactions: Kendo

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Hanifin

Availability is an important ability

If we don't have to move: Kak/Cuylle/Otter/Perrault/Berard AND he'll sign for 6.5 or less to f*cking win for once in his NHL career and be closer to home.

You move anything, that'll lock us in as far as D goes.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The problem with Hanifin is that the Flames already traded Adam Fox for him once. They might demand Fox back in return to counteract their previous deal.
Kind of like trading Cuylle to obtain Mittlestadt.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
Chychrun is the better player with the better contract and would not be a pure rental. Unfortunately the injury history is a serious concern, kid just can’t stay healthy. Availability is the most important attribute.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Chychrun is not slower

I think the smart play on Hanifin is wait till the summer. New York will be a preferred location. He will cost more assets than half a season is worth.

Making a big move like this is an off season deal.
You can Always tell who the posters are who don’t want to aggressively chase a cup when it’s within our grasp

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Chychrun is not slower

I think the smart play on Hanifin is wait till the summer. New York will be a preferred location. He will cost more assets than half a season is worth.

Making a big move like this is an off season deal.

Why not bring him in for the playoff run while ensuring he’ll sign extension once he’s here?

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
You can Always tell who the posters are who don’t want to aggressively chase a cup when it’s within our grasp
Yeah right genius.

Fantasy GMs like you would be perfectly happy blowing up the locker room 2/3 of the way into the season to make dramatic moves. When is the last time something like that worked out? (Official hint 1991)

That’s not how running a team works.

Why not bring him in for the playoff run while ensuring he’ll sign extension once he’s here?
Who are you going to trade for Hanifin?

Miller? Perrault? A first plus a good prospect?

You can’t extend Chychrun now.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Yeah right genius.

Fantasy GMs like you would be perfectly happy blowing up the locker room 2/3 of the way into the season to make dramatic moves. When is the last time something like that worked out? (Official hint 1991)

That’s not how running a team works.
I’m sorry, I didn’t know I was speaking with a real GM. Good luck winning the cup with this D corp genius.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad