GDT: Hanging On: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Pittsburgh Penguins, 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Growing pains! Big difference than incompetence. Luke hughes and nemec are smoked at this point. This is the result of full season for two 20 year olds playing 20 minutes a night in high pressure situations. Team has looked better with Allen in net but they need to learn how to close out games. Especially when the refs are going to game manage and not call the slower older team for clear penalties.

Reactions: RNCDevil

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Thankfully, finding those players is easier than finding elite, top of the lineup players, which we already have. Hopefully the right elements are brought in.
If the Habs were ever desperate to get rid of Josh Anderson and were willing to take a big differment on his contract, I'd roll the dice on him, he had a terrible season but I could see him benefiting from a change of scenery. Before we have mocked the rumors of trading for him but for good reason, his contract. But if the Habs are willing to eat part of his contract....

He's big and he's fast and he's skilled and he's only 29.

Reactions: glenwo2

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I wonder if sometimes we're overthinking the reasons this season tanked when it could be something simple as not replacing the players we lost in the off-season.

Say what you want about Miles Wood but he was a big and fast forward who was good at creating chaos, plus he had moxie, he was great in the locker room, and Tatar, another forward who wasn't slow.

I think Fitz whiffed on replacing them as well as Yegor.

Last year we won because of our speed especially in our bottom six, but this year's bottom six was basically....dead. Especially when we lost McLeod, who was having his best season.

Go back to what made us so tough to play against.

You are really not remembering the Miles Wood who played with us last year.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If the Habs were ever desperate to get rid of Josh Anderson and were willing to take a big differment on his contract, I'd roll the dice on him, he had a terrible season but I could see him benefiting from a change of scenery. Before we have mocked the rumors of trading for him but for good reason, his contract. But if the Habs are willing to eat part of his contract....

He's big and he's fast and he's skilled and he's only 29.
He’s a really bad player. He’s big and fast, that’s about it.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
You are really not remembering the Miles Wood who played with us last year.
The bonehead plays he would make? I remember them well, and he was a player where underlying numbers were not kind to him.....but he was still an effective hockey player.

I truly believe some players bring something to a team numbers and stats can't measure. Call me crazy.

Reactions: DrBSmooth

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He’s a really bad player. He’s big and fast, that’s about it.
He produces quite a bit for a 4th liner.
13 minutes a night and pretty much a lock for 25 points...Perfect 4th line LW in my opinion

Edit sorry I thought we were talking about Miles Wood.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Spring is the most overrated season. Nothing but cold rain and when it is sunny outside it's usually with high winds.
THANK YOU. Its nice when its warm and the flowers are out, aka pre Summer, but the rest is disgusting. I love the winter. Love my cold dry weather runs on the boardwalk. And obviously summer and fall are GOAT

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We will probably see some moderate flooding in some river areas, like in Perth Amboy. This has been a constant onshore wind for a good 24 hours already with another 36 hours to go
Hope you don't see any flooding or power loss. Good luck.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
THANK YOU. Its nice when its warm and the flowers are out, aka pre Summer, but the rest is disgusting. I love the winter. Love my cold dry weather runs on the boardwalk. And obviously summer and fall are GOAT
As crappy as winter gets, it doesn't sell you on being anything else. Spring is supposed to be warm sunny days with flowers blossoming when it's fools gold.

Reactions: glenwo2 and JimEIV

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hope you don't see any flooding or power loss. Good luck.
Im lucky, im smack in the middle of belmar on ocean ave. Its actually 10ft above sea level so im safe, it will be a little precarious near the north and south ends of town where the shark river inlet and lakes are. Those always back up

As crappy as winter gets, it doesn't sell you on being anything else. Spring is supposed to be warm sunny days with flowers blossoming when it's fools gold.
IMG_4887.jpeg

Plus, the Lighthouse has prepared me to face this weather @My3Sons

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Im lucky, im smack in the middle of belmar on ocean ave. Its actually 10ft above sea level so im safe, it will be a little precarious near the north and south ends of town where the shark river inlet and lakes are. Those always back up

View attachment 845338

Plus the Lighthouse has prepared me to fave this weather @My3Sons
As you get older, you find yourself appreciating things like the birds, flowers and such stuff we were too manly for when we were younger.

Btw, ever go to Sonny's in Belmar?

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
As you get older, you find yourself appreciating things like the birds, flowers and such stuff we were too manly when we were younger.

Btw, ever go to Sonny's in Belmar?
Sonnys is good for a hotdog or burger. That entire plaza is a food Mecca lmao. Now they have a good indian place there and Luccis just opened

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

View attachment 845338

Plus, the Lighthouse has prepared me to face this weather @My3Sons
You never liked me lobster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad