Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2014-2015 Part 7 (MOD post 303)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Does his being technically "on loan" perhaps free up a spot on the 50 contract list instead of his being "injured" as an AHLer?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
To me when you call up an offensive forward, he should be put in a role to succeed, play him with skilled players or don't play him at all. They did that, and he responded by producing points, something this team needs sorely. He has to improve his defensive game but moving him to the 4th line imo is not the way to develop an offensive player, if they didn't think he could handle himself on the 2nd line then they should have sent him down.

Good grief, here we go again. Assert the same thing over and over again, even after disproven.

Andrighetto had 3 points in the NHL. His first point came after he did what vets HATE from rookies, play a 90-second shift and steal their ice time. He managed to be out there for his own shift PLUS Galch's shift, when he did a give and go with Plekanec, and then the goalie gave up a soft one.

His second point was when playing on the second line for part of one game. Nice assist, but also showed poor defensive awareness, and a red flag went up about giving him prime minutes.

Third game he started on the third line, was an utter disaster, got moved to the fourth line, then picked up another point that did not impress his teammates, when his lazy cherry-picking turned into "being in great position" for an easy goal, due to the hustle of two other guys who stole the puck and created a chance.

I fail to see how these three games constituted much "playing with skill guys".

He was lucky to have three points in three, and the law of averages caught up to him, despite getting a bit of power play time during the next nine games.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
You guys are hard on andrighetto, he did fine and he knows even more what he needs to work on to make it in the nhl.. (won't be easy for him but doable if he puts time and effort)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Good grief, here we go again. Assert the same thing over and over again, even after disproven.

Andrighetto had 3 points in the NHL. His first point came after he did what vets HATE from rookies, play a 90-second shift and steal their ice time. He managed to be out there for his own shift PLUS Galch's shift, when he did a give and go with Plekanec, and then the goalie gave up a soft one.

His second point was when playing on the second line for part of one game. Nice assist, but also showed poor defensive awareness, and a red flag went up about giving him prime minutes.

Third game he started on the third line, was an utter disaster, got moved to the fourth line, then picked up another point that did not impress his teammates, when his lazy cherry-picking turned into "being in great position" for an easy goal, due to the hustle of two other guys who stole the puck and created a chance.

He was lucky to have three points in three, and the law of averages caught up to him, despite getting a bit of power play time during the next nine games.

You say he was lucky but he still had 3 pts in 3 games. This team needs goals badly for sure. If he wasn't ready then he should have been sent down sooner, putting him on the 4th line was a waste imo.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
You say he was lucky but he still had 3 pts in 3 games. This team needs goals badly for sure. If he wasn't ready then he should have been sent down sooner, putting him on the 4th line was a waste imo.

Bet you all that extra money Andrighetto made wasn't a "waste", in his opinion. He got to practice with the big boys, get paid like the big boys, and learned what it is he needs to work on to eventually stay and play with the big boys. If he can't handle that, then maybe he just isn't a big boy! :)

DogsFan*

Funny how you make stuff up to prove a point. The shift in which Andrighetto scored was 23 seconds long. His longest shift of the night was 68 seconds. So please don't spread ********. You really come off as a guy with a hate on for Andrighetto. You nitpick on all his points. Both his goals were nice goals, especially his second where he found open space. I thought he was very good in his time with the Habs. I think its funny how you comment on how his teammates "hate him" as if you actually were there or something. Stick to baseball.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Awesome results! Dumont seems to be killing it lately down there, perfect Hamilton leader IMO. Hope he sticks around and isn't desperate for a trade/another shot in another franchise. Ghetto I guess his psychiatrist is finally getting him over the mental torture he went through under evil mr therrien :sarcasm: hope he can keep putting up points. Hudon keeps rolling, brilliant season. I've gotta watch some Dogs games again now that they are picking it up. Only watched one game since the start of the year where I watched the first 10 or so and got disheartened, hah.

Would be pretty impressive but still a struggle to get in the playoffs. I didn't even think they had a shot though so great for them, really hope they can sneak in. Getting playoff experience would be so great for this squad even if they get blasted in the 1st round.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Finished 7-5

Hudon with 3A
Ghetto with 1G-3A
Dumont with 1G-2A

Carr scored his 15th.

Carr has 6 goals in his last 5 games. He seems to have turned the corner!

Awesome results! Dumont seems to be killing it lately down there, perfect Hamilton leader IMO. Hope he sticks around and isn't desperate for a trade/another shot in another franchise. Ghetto I guess his psychiatrist is finally getting him over the mental torture he went through under evil mr therrien :sarcasm: hope he can keep putting up points. Hudon keeps rolling, brilliant season. I've gotta watch some Dogs games again now that they are picking it up. Only watched one game since the start of the year where I watched the first 10 or so and got disheartened, hah.

Would be pretty impressive but still a struggle to get in the playoffs. I didn't even think they had a shot though so great for them, really hope they can sneak in. Getting playoff experience would be so great for this squad even if they get blasted in the 1st round.

I think they will get into the playoffs! We might see a junior grad or two playing in the playoffs as well!

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
big win, listened to some of the game. Next up is Rochester so they need to beat them but this weekend will be a tough test vs GR on the road for both games.

Nice to see Ghetto and Hudon rack up the points.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Awesome results! Dumont seems to be killing it lately down there, perfect Hamilton leader IMO. Hope he sticks around and isn't desperate for a trade/another shot in another franchise.

I think Dumont's at a point where he knows his role in the hockey world. AHL lifer with the odd call-up. There's nothing wrong with that and obviously his goal is to be an NHL regular, but he isn't getting younger and I think his time to stick permanently has passed.

DogsFan*

I think Dumont's at a point where he knows his role in the hockey world. AHL lifer with the odd call-up. There's nothing wrong with that and obviously his goal is to be an NHL regular, but he isn't getting younger and I think his time to stick permanently has passed.

I don't necessarily see it that way, and I'm sure Dumont doesn't either. He is very talented. He's always working hard, he's a great leader, he has an NHL level shot, hits, really does it all. I could definitely see him on an NHL team as a bottom 6 player. Not necessarily Montreal because the Habs are very deep prospect wise, but I can definitely see Dumont getting a shot somewhere. He definitely deserves it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Analyzer*

If there's an expansion, I can definitely see Dumont being on a team's 4th line and quietly building an NHL career out of it.

Depending on how this off season goes he could get a chance next year to be our 4th line centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad