Halo: Infinite (Dec. 8th, 2021) - Xbox Series X

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The Bandit is basically the love child of the DMR and the Halo 5 magnum. I love it.

The new maps are all fun, but if you have a series x and a tv that allows 120hz (120fps), turn that off and run the game at 60hz (60fps), something about the frame timing and the visual demands of the Chasm map make it a stuttery mess at 120. Smooth as silk at 60.

I hate all the new armor, but whatever. I’ve never cared about cosmetics or unlocks.

f*** me, this game just feels so good to play. Do yourself a favor, hop on an LFG site, grab 3 teammates with mics and just spend an evening in the community, quickplay or featured playlist. Its worth it. We’re (or at least I) used to just turning off voice chat and making do cause the average online experience is trash. Find some decent people to play with (decent as in nice, not even skilled) and I swear you’ll experience the Halo equivalent of that scene in Ratatouille when the critic has a taste and flashes back tl his childhood.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Season 5 is excellent.

If you havent jumped in for awhile, I encourage you to do so. I think you’ll be shocked by how much content there is now.

It’s not perfect, but between that smooth core gameplay, tons of new pro and forge maps and damn near 20 playlists, it’s not the same Halo Infinite from 2022.

Reactions: S E P H

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Agreed. Not as raw and fun as the old Halo’s but the gameplay is tight. I haven’t been back since season 2 really and there’s a lot of maps which keeps it fresh.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Hopefully 343 can maintain the great feel of this game through the move to Unreal Engine. This game and CS2 are the only two recent shooters (since 2016) that I've found to be enjoyable.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Do they have better match making?

Got frustrated with that with so few users playing.
What happened is just so many other games came out. I am still on Cyberpunk, though on the last mission, got God of War to play after that, gotta finish some Switch games I dropped, Yakuzu: Last of the Dragon, I haven't started the second Horizon, I haven't started the second Zelda, and FFVII: Rebirth comes in February. I would love to invest the effort and time to play this right now, but probably like me, a lot of other stuff came out for people to play like you have Call of Duty version 1,500 come out over the past couple of weeks. They really dropped the ball with zero DLC content until 2024 (rumours say) besides some multiple maps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
They have the Halo 3 Refueled playlist right now and it’s fantastic. Game is in a good spot right now.
It's been pretty great for scratching my low-effort FPS itch a few times a month. They never should've launched with so little content, 343 kneecapped themselves from the get and are just now at a stable level.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Do they have better match making?

Got frustrated with that with so few users playing.

Where do you live, ooc? Im on the west coast of Canada and don't wait more than 20 seconds for a match in any playlist other than ranked arena, where the tighter SBMM can make waits a bit longer at odd hours.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Where do you live, ooc? Im on the west coast of Canada and don't wait more than 20 seconds for a match in any playlist other than ranked arena, where the tighter SBMM can make waits a bit longer at odd hours.

It's not really the wait times its the match making. I was constantly paired with noobs while playing teams that are coordinating and are half decent at the game. Gets old when almost every match you're playing at a massive disadvantage or people simply drop out after 60 seconds and your teammates are bots.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
It's not really the wait times its the match making. I was constantly paired with noobs while playing teams that are coordinating and are half decent at the game. Gets old when almost every match you're playing at a massive disadvantage or people simply drop out after 60 seconds and your teammates are bots.

Fair enough. I usually jump in with 2 or 3 friends, so we usually are those guys communicating on the other team.

Ive found great success with the xbox app lfg function for finding teammates for casual btb or objective play. Maybe try that the next time you have a Halo hankering. As always, Halo is better with friends on mic.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So, I guess we're not going to get any campaign DLC right? 343 did mention they were in production of a Halo game, but no word on whether it is Infinite DLC or a brand-new IP. I want to come back to this game, but too busy in TotK and then I got FFVII Rebirth after that. Plus, any MP game simply does not sound too appealing to me anymore for some reason. That would be weird if no campaign DLC comes out since parts were legitimately cut out during some gameplay moments and cutscenes.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
So, I guess we're not going to get any campaign DLC right? 343 did mention they were in production of a Halo game, but no word on whether it is Infinite DLC or a brand-new IP. I want to come back to this game, but too busy in TotK and then I got FFVII Rebirth after that. Plus, any MP game simply does not sound too appealing to me anymore for some reason. That would be weird if no campaign DLC comes out since parts were legitimately cut out during some gameplay moments and cutscenes.
I really enjoyed the campaign. I would be very pleased if there was a DLC released, but it's kinda getting late for this.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Fat chance there’s a DLC. They can’t even make Battle Pass seasons anymore. We’ll get a new Halo in 2028 and it’ll be a shell of a release like the last three 343 games have been. It’s a real shame, Infinite has the best gameplay in probably any Halo.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Fat chance there’s a DLC. They can’t even make Battle Pass seasons anymore. We’ll get a new Halo in 2028 and it’ll be a shell of a release like the last three 343 games have been. It’s a real shame, Infinite has the best gameplay in probably any Halo.

Hopefully, it's the foundation for the next Halo as well.

I think 343 knows that Infinite was let down by the content pipeline, not the core gameplay. There are things they can iterate on and improve, but they should take the key pillars and work from there for sure.

I just gotta try and get to Hero rank and unlock the Master Chief armor before the next Halo hits. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad