GDT: hallejokel's no good awful very bad gdt against the canadian capitols

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Instead of fighting can we all meet at waffle house and share some double barley steak cake then eat 20$ worth of bad waffles?

Then if you're still up for it we can Fite. Well probably show more effort than the boys even with waffle brain.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Really embracing the whole art of not giving a #@!$ eh?

Long season, rough patches are inevitable especially when literally the entire right half of your defense goes down at once, the team is talented and will right the ship, and what matters most is peaking at playoff time.

Also, GDTs in real time are bad for my mental health.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Well, that was certainly … quite something.

My son got to play at 2nd intermission, that was pretty cool for him.

Guy in front of us had a massive beard, and at least 3 kids maybe 4 with Eaves jerseys (both Sens and Canes). With deductive reasoning, I guess I met Patrick Eaves. Nice fellow.

and I hope to dear baby Jesus no one was at the very top of 111 last night. Guy was playing “I’m gonna educate my friend on hockey” and he knew about as much as his buddy, ie. nothing.

Last edited:

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Hopefully today's topic at practice will be working on quality shots and how to address playing against a "hot" goalie, which is Caniac terms for "can't score to save your life".
As a bonus they should also focus on not putting the puck into your own net.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think a big part of it is DeAngelo for sure. I also can't blame the defense for not scoring but some have taken chances they would not normally take. I think after we tied it up Cole gambled a little and it cost us. The power play finally got one but it isn't as effective without a powerplay quarterback. I also think that the Canes are getting the best game from every NHL opponent due to their early success. The games have become dull too. Just got to ride this out folks.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Without Tony DeAngelo, we have absolutely zero ability to produce offense from the defensive side of the puck. We miss him alot and it's ridiculously obvious. Pay the man. If we don't we're f***ed.

It's not just DeAngelo. Pesce and Bear had 7 and 6 points as well. Not at the same level, but they contribute. On top of being good at defense which keeps the ice tilted in the other direction.

Some goof on XM was like "I don't know what happened to the Canes..." Always a little annoying when people are doing less than the bare minimum.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's not just DeAngelo. Pesce and Bear had 7 and 6 points as well. Not at the same level, but they contribute. On top of being good at defense which keeps the ice tilted in the other direction.

Some goof on XM was like "I don't know what happened to the Canes..." Always a little annoying when people are doing less than the bare minimum.
That is interesting and indicates to me that they haven't been watching any games this year.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Still think they are more comfortable with the underdog - a chip on their shoulder- role than that of a leader. Arriving there seems to trigger complacency or something. And, not in the Tampa Bay, as long as we have the wins to get to the playoffs way..we are good type of confidence.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Well, that was certainly … quite something.

My son got to play at 2nd intermission, that was pretty cool for him.

Guy in front of us had a massive beard, and at least 3 kids maybe 4 with Eaves jerseys (both Sens and Canes). With deductive reasoning, I guess I met Patrick Eaves. Nice fellow.

and I hope to dear baby Jesus no one was at the very top of 111 last night. Guy was playing “I’m gonna educate my friend on hockey” and he knew about as much as his buddy, ie. nothing.

Did he seem to have a humongous shoe collection? If so, Eaves confirmed.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad