GDT: hallejokel's no good awful very bad gdt against the canadian capitols

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Obviously, our offense drying up is concerning, but honestly? I'm more ticked off at our goaltenders lately.

Giving up 3,4,5 goals on the limited shots we give up is terrible, especially when opposing goalies are stopping 40+

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
think people are underestimating the impact of missing the top 3 RD on your depth chart, especially when those 3 are pesce/TDA/bear who are good in all phases of the game

the huge decrease in defensive talent has a ripple effect on transition game and offensive zone play

It's a huge impact but with a team as good as we thought these Canes were we shouldn't be losing these last several games the way we've lost them. And it's just 2 games missing all those guys, we were struggling before then. Common theme the last few years has been not dealing with adversity all that well. Refs take over the game to any degree or the other team has early success and we fold. It's embarrassing. I'm hoping it's just a relatively short lived slump that we get out of soon but there's plenty of reason to be concerned about this team.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
My ticket rep has hounded me multiple times this year asking if I will be getting a package this year. I was literally all ready to make a purchase up until about 2 weeks ago then we just pulled a Canes where we start to suck and always have an excuse for it. Meanwhile Pens lose Crosby, Malkin, Letang regularly and rotate through goalies like it's going out of style and they still play competitively no matter what for the most part.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
The SOG are concerning if you're focused on the numbers alone, but very few were what I would consider high danger. Chest, post, outside of net, missed, or Foreskin stopped the others.

Edit: Forsberg dang autocorrect.
A.K.A. Quality chances...

I think thats why a few of us referenced Bill Peters era of dump and chase, just fire on net at will (or dont shoot at all when you should). Not going to be too hard on the guys but this one hurt tonight. Funks happen, and boy oh boy we are in one.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My ticket rep has hounded me multiple times this year asking if I will be getting a package this year. I was literally all ready to make a purchase up until about 2 weeks ago then we just pulled a Canes where we start to suck and always have an excuse for it. Meanwhile Pens lose Crosby, Malkin, Letang regularly and rotate through goalies like it's going out of style and they still play competitively no matter what for the most part.

Pens are out of the playoffs by points percentage right now.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Pens are out of the playoffs by points percentage right now.
And at this point, that's not unusual. And regardless they always make the playoffs.

No, we should not be the Pens in terms of success. But we have the depth and talent to play like they do when they're missing their best players.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I like Necas a lot as a player and he's going to be good for us for a while.

But man when he's not on his game he's just not a good player. Tonight there was far, far too much standing around with and without the puck, wasn't quick with his decisions, took too many low percentage shots, and was just not really impactful to the game at all. He really needs to be better given the role we expect him to play on the team.

By no means was he the only problem tonight, most of the team sucked ass, but his play was noticeable.

Also, I'm really f***ing sick and tired of watching this team take bad penalties. Its a problem that has been going on since Brindy took over, and its only getting worse. Its long past time this needed to get cleaned up.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Look if our boys don't win tonight, then I'm coming up to Raleigh and kicking someone's ass. Probably not Rods though, at times I have wanted to do so with his putting Martinook on the first line but Rod would most definitely kick my ass first.

Look I don't feel like driving 3 hours tonight, one of you meet me in Greensboro or something and we can battle like warriors.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
True. Overplaying the others because we needed those two in the lineup was. Some guys can’t handle being bumped up the lineup. Cole is a true third pairing guy, Smith is a fourth pair type to me....

Our d doesn’t have the quality depth we could use. And used to have.

When did Carolina ever have depth that could withstand the loss of the top 3 RD?

Go back to 2018-19 and take out Hamilton, Faulk, and Pesce. What does that D look like compared to tonight? Is TVR on the top pairing significantly better than Cole there? You could call up 21 year old Jake Bean for the top 4, and what else?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
When did Carolina ever have depth that could withstand the loss of the top 3 RD?

Go back to 2018-19 and take out Hamilton, Faulk, and Pesce. What does that D look like compared to tonight? Is TVR on the top pairing significantly better than Cole there? You could call up 21 year old Jake Bean for the top 4, and what else?
Slavin, Dehaan, TVR with Fleury? Yes I do think that’s better than tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad