Halifax Mooseheads: Official 2015-2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
I wonder if Halifax won the toss, if they would consider dealing #1 to B-C as I'm sure they'll be gunning for Groulx. Could deal #1 and #17(SHA) for #2 and #13(MON). That would give Halifax picks 2, 7, 13 in first round before any compensatory selections added. Maybe BC adds another future pick in that deal if Groulx is as far ahead as you think? Or alternatively they trade #1 and their 2nd round pick (#20) for #2 and #13. They'll have a plethora of options at the draft this year, that's for sure.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
I wonder if Halifax won the toss, if they would consider dealing #1 to B-C as I'm sure they'll be gunning for Groulx. Could deal #1 and #17(SHA) for #2 and #13(MON). That would give Halifax picks 2, 7, 13 in first round before any compensatory selections added. Maybe BC adds another future pick in that deal if Groulx is as far ahead as you think? Or alternatively they trade #1 and their 2nd round pick (#20) for #2 and #13. They'll have a plethora of options at the draft this year, that's for sure.

Picks are by points, not standings. SHA is only in 2nd because they lead the division.

Their pick will be #14 or 15, so it's not worth doing that deal. To move from 2 to 1 the price would have to be significant, because Halifax already has so many picks.

Maybe the 2+13 for 1 + whatever our lowest 2nd rounder is. That I'd be willing to consider.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
If I were Cam Russel right now, I'd be on the phone with Baie-Comeau, telling them that I have no problem drafting Groulx 1st overall, unless they can make it worth my while to trade down to second.

I'd imagine Baie-Comeau will be very hesitant to draft a Nova Scotian at #2, after what happened when they drafted MacKinnon. Let's see how badly they want Groulx.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
If I were Cam Russel right now, I'd be on the phone with Baie-Comeau, telling them that I have no problem drafting Groulx 1st overall, unless they can make it worth my while to trade down to second.

I'd imagine Baie-Comeau will be very hesitant to draft a Nova Scotian at #2, after what happened when they drafted MacKinnon. Let's see how badly they want Groulx.

I imagine if Halifax took Groulx Baie Comeau would take Fortier at #2.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com

They absolutely should be trying to maximize the pick. Make BC sweat.

I find it very hard to believe the mooseheads wouldnt take the home town boy. And draft a high end Euro forward (much more likely to be there around 6)

I do as well, but these are just the rumours. People are saying Groulx is just that much better. Be really interesting how this plays out.

Really excited for the import draft, when is that? If it's before the draft then that will determine the direction for the Q draft.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I do as well, but these are just the rumours. People are saying Groulx is just that much better. Be really interesting how this plays out.

Really excited for the import draft, when is that? If it's before the draft then that will determine the direction for the Q draft.

The import draft is usually after, I think July

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
They absolutely should be trying to maximize the pick. Make BC sweat.

Draft class seems too tight. Some people say Groulx is better, some say McIsaac is better, some say Fortier is just as good as either.

Either way, Halifax is gonna get a good player.

I am of the opinion they take McIsaac.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kN5GJy6rpk

John Moore talking to Benoit Groulx about his son. Groulx talks about how he wants his son to be with a good organization and a good coach. Also mentions how Q is his chosen route where McIsaac has at least mentioned NCAA as possibility. Can't see that happening and I'm sure the teams will know for sure if the player is committed to joining them but the fact that Groulx is 100% Q could be factor. Also saw a french tweet saying how he has no preference as to whether he goes to Halifax or B-C. With so little separating these guys, things like attitude and commitment could be big factor.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Most of our D corps locked down for next 2-3 years also. Not sure what future holds for Taillefer and Argento, but Chainey, Ford, Nauss, Jones, Flower all back for minimum 2 years plus possibly Charlebois and other prospects.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Most of our D corps locked down for next 2-3 years also. Not sure what future holds for Taillefer and Argento, but Chainey, Ford, Nauss, Jones, Flower all back for minimum 2 years plus possibly Charlebois and other prospects.

Don't be surprised to see Jones or Nauss kicked to the curb. Argento already was.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Don't be surprised to see Jones or Nauss kicked to the curb. Argento already was.

I doubt either of them will be dropped this year. Nauss had a rough year but he was battling some injuries. Shower promise in his rookie season so he could have bounce back season this year. Jones was signed as an American, so don't they have to commit to him for so many years?

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Also none of those dmen (with the exception of Chainey) are expected to be top pair guys like MacIsaac is.

None of them may be top pairing guys like McIsaac but none of their young Forwards are top tier like Groulx could be. It's really a toss up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad