Halifax Mooseheads: Official 2015-2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Anyone else standing out at camp ? Don't think I'll be able to make any pre season games this year :( .

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Anyone else standing out at camp ? Don't think I'll be able to make any pre season games this year :( .

Im really groovin on Jakov Novak he has to be a lock, hes got great speed and skill and a little grit to boot and even tho he is a 2017 eligible player he is basically a free 16 yo die to his late 98 birthday.

The Puntisev guy plays not at all what I expected him too, he is more of an opportunistic scoring threat, there isnt any dangling going on just get the puck, north south, maybe a drop pass and/or shoot. If they have given a roster spot here it may not work out long term. He is definitely built like an engine block no doubt. has to be 5'6. maybe. Pretty strong on his skates. I just dont like that his head is down always.

For me Bent has to be the 3rd 20 yo. He has outplayed and out-cared everyone else.

Argento looks a lot better than the beginning of last year, stronger on his skates and faster.

Flower had a really really slow start and even though today he started out great when he had the puck, I just felt he was unremarkable with the rush bearing down. Im concerned that if they take him as ive heard they will that he wont really see much ice and it may stall his development. Another year in Midget might actually do him a world of good.

Charlebois - this kid is massive and sometimes was excellent and other times was too slow or didnt seem to compete. Between him and Flower it makes for an interesting debate.

Datchyshyn / Crossley / King / D Mony looked great, not on a line together just the names i mean.

Shewfelt was putting on a speed clinic

I wasnt really noticing the Durandeau kid

Nauss was solid as usual, you can see with a player like him the frustration at a camp since no one is running a specific system, more like controlled pond hockey

RJB

Nov 2, 2013
How is Blain-Dupuis doing? Suffered an injury at the end of the season and missed the last 2 months.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
How is Blain-Dupuis doing? Suffered an injury at the end of the season and missed the last 2 months.

Trying to hard, would be my major criticism. He's been playing super aggressive and attempting to hit everything that moves, which is pulling him out of position and putting his team at a disadvantage. I'm sure that's not what got him drafted/invited to camp in the fist place, clearly he's trying to impress the coaches by not playing his game.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
View attachment 84451
Well Damn .... I was really liking what I was hearing about this kid ...

Yea this is still a head-scratcher. He was head and shoulders above most of the other rookies in camp.

I'm not liking the way the Mooseheads are running camp this year. It feels like it's just a formality. Dachyshyn and Jones were guaranteed spots just for showing up. It makes me feel like the scouts had more or less decided the team before camp started. A guy like Novak walking on wasn't going to change their plans, they wouldn't guarantee him a spot after 3 days because he wasn't in the original plan.

They have made no cuts yet, which is suspicious considering I feel they know a good deal of who is going to be cut. They sent what was essentially a goon squad to Moncton yesterday. Every one of those players who played in Moncton will be cut by September (except possibly Shewfelt, Argento, Bishop, King and Taillifer, and MAYBE one of Vuic or Leblanc.) None of the players who played in Moncton are a lock to make this team. We just sent out a group of guys that we don't give a crap if one of them gets injured.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
All cut from camp today ...

SAM LEBLANC
BRANDON VUIC
RYAN MACDONALD
BLAKE FUDGE
TRISTAN TARDIF
MARC-OLIVIER GILBERT
DREW PACKMAN

GABRIEL VANIER
JOSH FITZGERALD
NICHOLAS GIBSON
JORDAN LEPAGE
KIRKLIN ALLEN
RYAN HUESTIS
J-P BRAIS

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
To me the 3rd overager was a no brainer. It was never going to be Vuic... he brings nothing but baggage to the table really. I wont be surprised if Bent gets the C or at least an A.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
To me the 3rd overager was a no brainer. It was never going to be Vuic... he brings nothing but baggage to the table really. I wont be surprised if Bent gets the C or at least an A.

I feel like Meier gets the C. However, Bent would be a good choice as well, I wouldn't be upset to see it on his sweater.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Nikolaj Ehlers' goal for the upcoming season is clear: He wants to make the NHL. But it is not going to be an easy way through the Winnipeg Jets' training camp. If he does not make it, a return to Switzerland is possible.

"I honestly do not think about this now," the 19-year-old Dane says to the Sportinformation. "But Switzerland is at the top of my list if I'm not going to play in the NHL in the upcoming season." As Ehlers is still too young for the AHL and another year in the QMJHL would not make any sense for him, playing in Europe would be the best solution.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad