Halifax Mooseheads: Official 2015-2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueLeader39

Dec 11, 2012
Sept-ÃŽles, QC
I find it very hard to believe the mooseheads wouldnt take the home town boy. And draft a high end Euro forward (much more likely to be there around 6)

Apparently Mooseheads working to bring Nico Hischier to Halifax, is this true? If so do they go with Groulx or MacIssac at the draft?

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
Apparently Mooseheads working to bring Nico Hischier to Halifax, is this true? If so do they go with Groulx or MacIssac at the draft?

If they can bring Hischier over I would think they would go with MacIsaac. They have Fortier, Durandeau, and if Hischier that will allow for a good offense foundation. Having MacIsaac will make their defense formidable.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Hard to base your Q Draft pick off of import draft as the import pick is no guarantee. Hischier could have 5 other teams after him too. Still I don't see them losing out whether they pick Groulx or McIsaac. If they take McIsaac and don't get a couple more top forwards, they'll have a tough time scoring next season and could end up with another high pick the following year.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Damn, this sucks. Such a great coach but it would be tough being away from family like that while your kids are growing up. Hopefully he takes it up soon again because he could absolutely be a coach at the next level.

Wouldn't mind seeing Midge get it either. Known him since I was young when he played with SMU and is a very good coach. Cam says the search is on but wouldn't be surprised to see the internal promotion.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Damn, this sucks. Such a great coach but it would be tough being away from family like that while your kids are growing up. Hopefully he takes it up soon again because he could absolutely be a coach at the next level.

Wouldn't mind seeing Midge get it either. Known him since I was young when he played with SMU and is a very good coach. Cam says the search is on but wouldn't be surprised to see the internal promotion.

Hopefully he's the only option. He's put his heart and soul into the club, has the respect of everyone, and has that no nonsense attitude. He was great when Ducharme was gone for the Juniour's. He's definitely earned it.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hopefully he's the only option. He's put his heart and soul into the club, has the respect of everyone, and has that no nonsense attitude. He was great when Ducharme was gone for the Juniour's. He's definitely earned it.

I'm told they'll be going into the market to look for a coach first. But Midge is the top candidate right now I'd say.

Also, depending on if and when Laval gets an AHL team, don't be surprised to see Dom get a shot there.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Makes sense that they would look around and see who's available. But it's nice knowing that Midgley is always there as an option.

Really sucks losing Ducharme though. Hopefully he can continue coaching, Laval would seem to be a great fit if they do end up getting an AHL team.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
So Ducharme is off to Drummondville. I understand why he wanted out of Halifax, and I don't hold anything against him, but this still feels like a punch in the stomach.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
So Ducharme is off to Drummondville. I understand why he wanted out of Halifax, and I don't hold anything against him, but this still feels like a punch in the stomach.

Yeah I feel like the whole "moving closer to family" was a bit of a cover. Yes, I'm sure that was a major factor in his decision but he's still going to be on the road a lot and will be working more often being the GM as well.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I guess I kinda thought he was saying that he wanted to take time off from coaching to be with his family, and would then look for a coaching job closer to home.

This is almost like when a team gets a player who refuses to report and demands a trade. Only difference is, we didn't get to trade Ducharme, we just lose him for nothing.

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
Ducharme wasn't under contract so he could do whatever he wanted to do.

It sucks, he is the best coach in Mooseheads history. But good luck to him, just not against the Mooseheads.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Yeah I feel like the whole "moving closer to family" was a bit of a cover. Yes, I'm sure that was a major factor in his decision but he's still going to be on the road a lot and will be working more often being the GM as well.

In what universe does this make sense? Why would he need a cover? His contract had expired. He didn't owe anyone an explanation.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
In what universe does this make sense? Why would he need a cover? His contract had expired. He didn't owe anyone an explanation.

He didn't need a cover or owe anyone an explanation at all, but coming out and saying he was leaving the team giving the reason of "moving closer to family" and then accepting a job with more responsibility a week later just made it seem like the original explanation for leaving the team was to soften the blow on the fans. Maybe it mostly felt that way due to the media making the headlines of "Ducharme leaves Moose to be with family" which made it seem like he was actually going to live in the town his family lives in or take a bit of time off hockey or something.
I really don't care either way why he left the team, that's his own decision he's free to make but saying you're leaving the team to be closer to your family definitely gives the fanbase a more sentimental understanding than if he had come out and told the fanbase that he was leaving the team to coach/GM Drummondville. That was left for the media to break to us a week later without quotes.
Don't see why that doesn't make sense in your universe.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He didn't need a cover or owe anyone an explanation at all, but coming out and saying he was leaving the team giving the reason of "moving closer to family" and then accepting a job with more responsibility a week later just made it seem like the original explanation for leaving the team was to soften the blow on the fans. Maybe it mostly felt that way due to the media making the headlines of "Ducharme leaves Moose to be with family" which made it seem like he was actually going to live in the town his family lives in or take a bit of time off hockey or something.
I really don't care either way why he left the team, that's his own decision he's free to make but saying you're leaving the team to be closer to your family definitely gives the fanbase a more sentimental understanding than if he had come out and told the fanbase that he was leaving the team to coach/GM Drummondville. That was left for the media to break to us a week later without quotes.
Don't see why that doesn't make sense in your universe.

I don't know where his family is but he's from Joliette which is about an hour and a half from Drummondville. Or if they're in Montreal, that's only about an hour away from Drummondville. So yeah, he is much closer no matter how you slice it.

Also, when he received his last contract, he had a clause in it where he had a two week window to accept any other offers that came. Only a couple days after the window closed he received an AHL offer, but Bobby wouldn't let him go. He made sure this didn't happen this time.

He is able to move close to his family and take on higher responsibility with the coaching/GM gig. This makes complete sense for Ducharme.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Yeah I don't deny that it's a good move for him and as a fan I hold nothing against him for doing it but I still feel like he was sugar coating it before the announcement of his new job. I'm sure he would have accepted any NHL assistant job if he had an offer but he should still get a shot at some point.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Andre Tourigny is our new coach. Q coach of the year in 05-06 with the Huskies, was an assistant with Team Canada World Juniors, recent stints include Colorado and Ottawa as an Assistant. Cautiously optimistic, loads of experience to bring to the table which is a good thing.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Andre Tourigny is our new coach. Q coach of the year in 05-06 with the Huskies, was an assistant with Team Canada World Juniors, recent stints include Colorado and Ottawa as an Assistant. Cautiously optimistic, loads of experience to bring to the table which is a good thing.

He seems like the perfect coach for a young and upcoming team. He's experience and can run an offensive system. He was also the defensive coach with the Avs too. I like the hiring and am surprised since I didn't expect him to be hired.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Yeah seems like a great fit. Timing worked out good, they were lucky to snatch up a coach with so much experience.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
And it's a five year deal? Sounds like Smith and Russel love this guy. That's good enough for me. Happy times.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

The Bear is a fantastic coach, I was hugely disappointed when he left Colorado, under his tutelage EJ and Barrie really prospered and he helped make a makeshift D look good. Halifax got a gem.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
He was our coach in RN for a long time and he is just a very knowledgable all around hockey man. He was our GM also and he was patient with our players, put a lot on emphasis on hard work and building a team identity. Good hire for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad