Halak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Still searching in my tiny head why nobody sent me a decent offer for Halak when he was available??? LOL
Thanks for the gm's that say no when I was offering Halak to them too. :devdance:

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Well, when you wanted Tavares and Petrov that kind of shut things down from my end. :D

My bigger regret is trading him to your previous Flyers owner for Jay McKee and a 3rd round pick. You should send him a fruit basket.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Well, when you wanted Tavares and Petrov that kind of shut things down from my end. :D

My bigger regret is trading him to your previous Flyers owner for Jay McKee and a 3rd round pick. You should send him a fruit basket.

I never say Halak for Tavares and Petrov lol... plus i never offer it to you. But I got your other offers and..............

and Thanks senor Marinaro.;)

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
As I said before, he's hot now but no history to show he's got the staying power. Maybe he does, or maybe he's just this years Dan Ellis, or Pascal LeClair, or Steve Mason, or Andrew Raycroft, or Jose Theodore, or Carey Price, or, or, or ...

It's also interesting how you trumpeted him after game one and then again after games 6 and 7. Where were your posts after games 2 or 3 :sarcasm:

So before you go off on why didn't anyone send me offers of all their first rounders and top picks for Halak with tones of I'm so much smarter ... let's wait and see what next year holds.

For now I'm content to say Go Habs!!!

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
As I said before, he's hot now but no history to show he's got the staying power. Maybe he does, or maybe he's just this years Dan Ellis, or Pascal LeClair, or Steve Mason, or Andrew Raycroft, or Jose Theodore, or Carey Price, or, or, or ...

It's also interesting how you trumpeted him after game one and then again after games 6 and 7. Where were your posts after games 2 or 3 :sarcasm:

So before you go off on why didn't anyone send me offers of all their first rounders and top picks for Halak with tones of I'm so much smarter ... let's wait and see what next year holds.

I have to post each game he play in the playoffs??? Same for Howard ?? I will post when the Habs will get eliminated don't worry. :cry: And no I'm not smart I'm a gambler. But thanks for the offer you sent me ...:nopity: But no more post on how my players are doing in NHL, ok boss.

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Andrew Raycroft

Hey. It's just because I could only afford to sign Raycroft (after his Calder season btw) and I let Luongo go (and took the 1st round picks). :cry: Which is also why he's still on my roster. He's a Flame forever now, for better or (mostly) worse.

What an absolutely great game last night -- First number 8 seed EVER to come back from 3-1 down in a series and beat a number 1. Impressive accomplishment. Read this morning the Caps took 576 shots in 7 games (an average of 82 per game) -- that's phenomal -- 182 of those were blocked. They deserved that victory (and yes, Halak was pretty awesome too in games 6 and 7.)

Last edited:

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
If 29 people told me I was a greedy something or the other I might think something was wring with me before I got all cocky. Good way to make yourself welcome to a league.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
If 29 people told me I was a greedy something or the other I might think something was wring with me before I got all cocky. Good way to make yourself welcome to a league.

Hey I'm just having fun here. Cocky???...anyway... :huh: I will be greedy that's true. I don't think the Flyers need to be a easy trader. Each team are in different positions. Example the Ducks don't need to be greedy they are backed by a prospect list that any gm will dream of and alot of teams like that and guess what I'm not in this teams. It's easy to talk when you got a team full of prospects (quality). My team got maybe 3 good prospects so each movement I make should be good for my team and if some of you don't understand that... can do nothing.

And senor Keogh where your picture of Michael Jackson eating Popcorn?

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I do think that Alvaro has a bit of inflated sense of the value of some of his players, but that is perfectly fine. Nobody here is forced to give up anything they do not want to give up in a trade for his players. If he wants to trade certain players, eventually he will find a price that is acceptable for him. That is his job as GM. Not to make everybody like him or to trade players he values personally for players he does not.

I understand that he feels there is less margin for error in losing trades when your franchise does not have many valuable assets. I can relate to that. I think Alvaro knows that only one goaltender can play in the net at a time and he will get the best trade that he can for whatever goaltender he decides to move. Either you will pay his price or you will not get his player. Either he will keep his players until somebody pays his price, at the expense of the risk of driving their value down with poor performance next season, and be stuck with them. Either way, not of my concern as the Capitals GM.

New GM's come into the league in one of two ways. They either give their assets away hand over fist or they act borderline paranoid that somebody is trying to get one over on them. At the end of the day, they are his players and his assets to either trade or not trade and to be frustrated at him for not doing one or the other is not doing your job as a GM in finding the best deal for your club. If the Flyers cannot offer you that, then simply move on. When either the interest dries up for his players or he starts to move them, he will be proven either right or wrong in holding on to these players.

If we really wish to emulate what happens in the NHL, then we have to take into account that certain GMs will invariably hold their own property in higher esteem than your property. Goalies are a valuable commodity in both this league as well as the NHL and any time you have several, you are in the cat bird seat. It remains up for debate if Alvaro has turned down deals that would have helped his franchise, but that is not our decision to make.

I will also add that I have been trying like hell to get in on some of these goaltenders but have been unsuccessful in my tries. He drives a hard bargain, but at the end of the day it's my choice to make if I want to make the jump and pay his price or be content with my own.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
I have to agree if alvero holds him in high esteem that's his choice even if hebmay be a bust next year it better to get the value now. I've made some gusty moves and they almost bought me a one way ticket to no where now kovy and white are playing well sykora is a bust lucky he's gone next year

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
If not for a bad deal coming into the league myself then Halak would still be my rightful property anyways. I went for the immediate push because my team was on the cusp of the playoffs and missed. I took less than fair market value for a prospect of his caliber and it burned me. I did the same kind of trade with Doug when I traded a lot of valuable prospects for St. Louis and Hannan. My 2010 1st, Adam Henrique, Kirill Petrov, etc. He was gracious enough to allow me to regain those assets with minimal haggle and I will always appreciate that. Thank God it was with Doug and not with another GM that would be less forgiving and make me pay twice on the head of any value.

I have heard some of the deals offered to Alvaro and they are criminal from the other direction with what comes back to him and some frustration with him may be a result of him being smarter than to trade for half value.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I did the same kind of trade with Doug when I traded a lot of valuable prospects for St. Louis and Hannan. My 2010 1st, Adam Henrique, Kirill Petrov, etc. He was gracious enough to allow me to regain those assets with minimal haggle and I will always appreciate that. Thank God it was with Doug and not with another GM that would be less forgiving and make me pay twice on the head of any value.

I've been meaning to congratulate you: Henrique is leading the OHL playoffs in goal scoring, I do believe, and Boughner and Rychel have described him as Windsor's best player. So that's definitely a deal that's working out well for both parties - fair value, both teams getting what they needed.

But yeah, I'll always have a soft spot for Washington. :sniff:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad