Habs Win- Hopefully Subban is OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There is no bigger MB pom pom waiver than Pierre Lebrun.

Seriously, I used to respect LeBrun a lot. He was a refreshing voice that would appear on the french shows once in a while. But whenever he speaks Habs it's just crap.
He'll say generic meaningless things like ''I can tell you no one is working the phones like Bergy''...I don't know how many times I've heard him say something like this.
I mean, please, hire me as an insider, I can say the same thing all day.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Being a Bruins fan for over 45 years theres a measure of dislike for everything Montreal.
But when a player gets injured....any player.... even a #1 rival....a person has to hope for the best for a full recovery.

Heres hoping Subban is up and around soon.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know...

Notice how on the one hand the changes are suggested to be minor ("a bit"), while what is expected to be major is the GM trying to be aggressive.

This is another of LeBrun's "working the phones" type quotes where he expresses his unrelenting infatuation with Bergevin's antics instead of actual results. So tired of reporters feeding this type of hogwash on twitter, especially LeBrun who fashions himself to be an "insider". You have to be an insider to come up with that?

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Surprised this wasn't addressed before, but

Who on this team tells the captain to 'act like a goal scorer' and actually SCORE goals?

:dunno:

EDIT:

Galchenyuk - 15 goals in last 20 games

Pacioretty - 5 goals in last 20 games

:teach:

If I had to guess, I'd say Chuck is ribbing MxPac about something.
Maybe Chuck getting another two goal game before MxPac, cost the
captain a beer.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Being a Bruins fan for over 45 years theres a measure of dislike for everything Montreal.
But when a player gets injured....any player.... even a #1 rival....a person has to hope for the best for a full recovery.

Classy. Thanks.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Thanks man. Regardless of the team we cheer for, we're all part of the same weird fraternity.

vanhabsfan100

Feb 18, 2016
Been a habs for for 45 yrs myself. Recently, I've chosen not to watch habs games on Sportsnet because of Jason York. During a game after a bad pass, call, penalty, coaching decision, line change, trade, blown save, you'll here him say "That was a tough (fill in the blank)" He is such a shill for the habs that it embarrasses me that we root for the same team. As I've said on this board before, when growing up a habs fan, I always associated habs fans with "class". Listening to the play-by-play, call in shows, Jason York etc. has really affected my perception, and I'm saddened by it.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I just saw he tweeted that he's doing well. He's a guy I love to hate. Hell, I'll admit I wish he were on my Rangers team. Regardless, scary stuff when you see a neck crunch back like that. Glad he's doing well.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Been a habs for for 45 yrs myself. Recently, I've chosen not to watch habs games on Sportsnet because of Jason York. During a game after a bad pass, call, penalty, coaching decision, line change, trade, blown save, you'll here him say "That was a tough (fill in the blank)" He is such a shill for the habs that it embarrasses me that we root for the same team. As I've said on this board before, when growing up a habs fan, I always associated habs fans with "class". Listening to the play-by-play, call in shows, Jason York etc. has really affected my perception, and I'm saddened by it.

Forty five years. Did you start in time to see the '71 cup. That's
what turned me into a Habs fan. I've seen Beliveau raise the cup.
It would take a lot for me to stop cheering for Montreal.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
MB is full of .... every year we hear the same .... lol

prove it MB, that you have a set
No stones Bergevin...he just doesn't have it...would love to be wrong, but 4 yrs and counting, and all the guy does is pick up 4th liners, and 7-8 dman out side of Petry...4 yrs.........seriously.

He's always busy, just nothing to show for it....the foxhole is deep folks...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
All teams have guys like this now, there is never any impartiality anymore...listen to a Denis Potvin, when doing Ottawa or Florida games...he is way worse than York...way worse.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Surprised this wasn't addressed before, but

Who on this team tells the captain to 'act like a goal scorer' and actually SCORE goals?

:dunno:

EDIT:

Galchenyuk - 15 goals in last 20 games

Pacioretty - 5 goals in last 20 games

:teach:

Yeah but Patch perfected his pose with all those empty netters. :sarcasm:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

The 71 cup was the first time I followed the play offs. Drydens first. Beliveaus last. :cheers:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So just to get it clear, since the Play-offs are not relevant, Nygren
would have to clear waivers to play in the remains of the regular
season ? That's what I'm understanding, but it's not specificly said.

Yes, because Habs already signed him to an ELC and it expired, so they would have to sign him to a (second) new contract anyway. If they tried to bring him over to play this season he'd be exposed to waivers.

Lehkonen we could bring over on an ELC, and he could play.

vanhabsfan100

Feb 18, 2016

Yes, that was the year it began for me too. Danny Gallivan and Dick Irvin were "class" (I use that word again). As was jim Robson, here in Vancouver. Dan Kelly. I know it has to do with the fact that I was only 12 at the time, but there's no one in that category today.

Because I don't speak French, I might start tuning into RDS. I know they're homers as well, but at least I wouldn't understand most of what they're spewing.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Yes, that was the year it began for me too. Danny Gallivan and Dick Irvin were "class" (I use that word again). As was jim Robson, here in Vancouver. Dan Kelly. I know it has to do with the fact that I was only 12 at the time, but there's no one in that category today.

Because I don't speak French, I might start tuning into RDS. I know they're homers as well, but at least I wouldn't understand most of what they're spewing.

Speak French? They sort of approximate it. They'd be laughed at in Paris.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
No stones Bergevin...he just doesn't have it...would love to be wrong, but 4 yrs and counting, and all the guy does is pick up 4th liners, and 7-8 dman out side of Petry...4 yrs.........seriously.

He's always busy, just nothing to show for it....the foxhole is deep folks...

Vanek was a big acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad