Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
At the same time, he can't do a trade only because. He has to wait for an opportunity.

A trade should have been done before the season even started. It would be seen as a ''just because'' move now, but it's been a long time coming. Fire the coach while he's at it.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Habs won t make the playoffs this year ... Bergevin has failed his players by waiting too long before making any changes. MT has no more anwsers. The teams moral is low the goalies are frail. I can see the habs coming out strong tonight vs the Hawks but Condon allowing couple of cheap goals "game over" no more legs. Price is the rock that holds this team togheter until he is back expect more of the same.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Dont expect the Habs to score more than a goal tonight. The Hawks will win this one with ease. The slide continues. Since the 9-0 start the Habs have gone 14-17-3 and have been the worst team in the NHL for the last month. If they went 6-3 to start the season they would not be in the playoffs. Since that 3-2 OT loss to the Devils, the start of this mess, the Habs have gone 5-13-1. This is the team we have and the team without Price. It will not get any better until Price comes back. When he does we will be out of a playoff position.

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
So I guess we made it allllll the way to Thursday without a word from MB or a trade or a firing.

Guy is almost worst than Gauthier with his ghost act.

At least Gauthier had a flare for the theatrics (trading Cammy mid game comes to mind).

duckwellboots

Nov 23, 2015
So I guess we made it allllll the way to Thursday without a word from MB or a trade or a firing.

Guy is almost worst than Gauthier with his ghost act.

At least Gauthier had a flare for the theatrics (trading Cammy mid game comes to mind).

Would you rather a Brian Burke type, who takes any and all opportunity to say something, whether or not it's substantive, relevant, or even coherent? I suppose, if you want theatrics, you can't go wrong with the comically wild hair and the untied necktie.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
If there ever was a time to make a coaching change this is it.

Actually, it was on Sunday, after another flat performance, following another terrible week and before a 4 day break so the new coach has a couple of practices with the team.

But he didn't do it. Therrien is going nowhere this year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs lose all 3 games and score only 3-4 goals during the stretch. This team is not very good and Price helped mask that fact the last 2 years

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Dont expect the Habs to score more than a goal tonight. The Hawks will win this one with ease. The slide continues. Since the 9-0 start the Habs have gone 14-17-3 and have been the worst team in the NHL for the last month. If they went 6-3 to start the season they would not be in the playoffs. Since that 3-2 OT loss to the Devils, the start of this mess, the Habs have gone 5-13-1. This is the team we have and the team without Price. It will not get any better until Price comes back. When he does we will be out of a playoff position.

100% spot on

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Actually, it was on Sunday, after another flat performance, following another terrible week and before a 4 day break so the new coach has a couple of practices with the team.

But he didn't do it. Therrien is going nowhere this year.

Totally agree. Sunday was the perfect time to do it.

Now I'm afraid Bergevin will run with Therrien all the way for this year. Which is dumb. Maybe Molson will step in at some point. But that adds another delay to the process and time is getting short.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Totally agree. Sunday was the perfect time to do it.

Now I'm afraid Bergevin will run with Therrien all the way for this year. Which is dumb. Maybe Molson will step in at some point. But that adds another delay to the process and time is getting short.

He's going to be our coach next year too. The earliest that he will be fired is after Christmas next year imo.

The Price injury is going to be used as an excuse. Unfortunately with Carey Price in net our true issues are masked...and pretty much the whole world knows it except for MB and MT.

Anyway, MT isn't going anywhere.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Smith-Pelly scratched tonight, huge surprise! Not that he didn't deserve to be scratched, but even if he was playing well he was coming out.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Should try a shake up of the lineup:

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher
Carr Plekanec Andrighetto
Eller Desharnais Byron
Fleischmann Mitchell Flynn

Markov Subban
Beaulieu Petry
Emelin Barberio

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Smith-Pelly scratched tonight, huge surprise! Not that he didn't deserve to be scratched, but even if he was playing well he was coming out.

WHY is our idiot coach so reluctant to let people redeem themselves? The man doesn't have a ****ing clue. Especially when we should be fielding a bigger lineup against the western teams. I guess it's more important to make DSP a better person first.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
WHY is our idiot coach so reluctant to let people redeem themselves? The man doesn't have a ****ing clue. Especially when we should be fielding a bigger lineup against the western teams. I guess it's more important to make DSP a better person first.

Meh. DSP has been garbage leading up to this "incident" or whatever you want to call it. He was probably going to be a scratch regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad