Proposal: HABS vs AVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
A cool, didn't realize cap was the only thing that mattered.

We could probably swing something around Perry at 750k for Kadri at 4.5, maybe Burakovsky if you'd rather move a winger. If 4 point Jost is worth more than 21 point Drouin than surely 12 point league min Perry would be easily worth more than either of those two.

when you're trying to win cups, it is top of the list of things that matter.

Another thing that matters is team need & roster construction. As in we dont need LW or LD.
Landeskog, Saad, Nichukshin and Calvert, Which one of those guys does Drouin knock off?
how about Toews, Girard, Byram, Which one of those does Chariot knock off?

As for the secound half of your comment, i dont remember offering those guys up? Your guys proposed the trade, i told you why it doesnt work. But ill say it again, for the avalanche jost brings more to the table then Drouin would on the third line. At 1/5 the cost. Not saying hes a better player or even have equivalent value but Jost is one of our best pker's, versatile bottom 6 guy, at 875k.

Oblivion Beckons

Jan 20, 2021
Avs have no need for another LW especially one being paid $5.5 million signed until 23-24 who they have no cap space for. Avs are not the team for this cap dump.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
The Avs currently have 5 wingers (plus two defensemen) currently scoring at 0.66 PPG or higher (compared to 0.68 PPG for Drouin). What does Drouin add to the Avs that is worth $5.5m in cap space?

Doesn't mean he is worth Jost. Would you trade Saad (who has a 0.68 PPG, same as Drouin) for some 4 point player?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
when you're trying to win cups, it is top of the list of things that matter.

Another thing that matters is team need & roster construction. As in we dont need LW or LD.
Landeskog, Saad, Nichukshin and Calvert, Which one of those guys does Drouin knock off?
how about Toews, Girard, Byram, Which one of those does Chariot knock off?

As for the secound half of your comment, i dont remember offering those guys up? Your guys proposed the trade, i told you why it doesnt work. But ill say it again, for the avalanche jost brings more to the table then Drouin would on the third line. At 1/5 the cost. Not saying hes a better player or even have equivalent value but Jost is one of our best pker's, versatile bottom 6 guy, at 875k.

We're not a hive mind, and one person offering Drouin doesn't magically make Drouin less valuable than a replacement level player either. If you don't understand that Drouin is better than Matt freaking Calvert though I'm not sure why I even bother responding though.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Imagine trading a top 6 forward who's been the best habs forward this year for an overpaid bottom pairing D and an ahl player and delusional Colorado fans still say no. Jesus. The amount of idio** on this thread blows my mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toffoli4Rocket

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
We're not a hive mind, and one person offering Drouin doesn't magically make Drouin less valuable than a replacement level player either. If you don't understand that Drouin is better than Matt freaking Calvert though I'm not sure why I even bother responding though.
sorry pal i dont have time to explain (for the 4th time) roles on the avalanche hockey team and the salary cap.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
sorry pal i dont have time to explain (for the 4th time) roles on the avalanche hockey team and the salary cap.

You're right you guys dont have space for a clear top 6 forward and a good 4/5 D but much rather keep and overpaid 3rd pairing D and an ahl player. I wanna cry rn reading your comment. Bergevin would lose his job if he made that trade.

Oblivion Beckons

Jan 20, 2021
Imagine trading a top 6 forward who's been the best habs forward this year for an overpaid bottom pairing D and an ahl player and delusional Colorado fans still say no. Jesus. The amount of idio** on this thread blows my mind.

Do you not understand what salary cap is? I'm guessing the answer is no.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
A cool, didn't realize cap was the only thing that mattered. We could probably swing something around Perry at 750k for Kadri at 4.5, maybe Burakovsky if you'd rather move a winger. If 4 point Jost is worth more than 21 point Drouin than surely 12 point league min Perry would be easily worth more than either of those two.

I understand sometimes it's difficult to construct intelligent posts... But my god at least try and put a little effort into it next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad