Proposal: Habs - Vancouver, Swap of troubled Fins

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Apparently his NAME is Finnish or his ancestors or something but he indeed IS from Abbotsford. Must of been thinking of Juolevi
If a Filipino is born in Canada is he not a Filipino? If so Jake is just as much a Fin as they are Canadian.
My parents are Dutch and Ukrainian, I was born here but I've always considered myself half Dutch half Ukrainian.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Talk about the trade: no

Talk about Virtanen's citizenship: yup

Yup basically, unless your a fan of say the Canucks (for this case) very few outside of Canuck fans would know or remember that Jake had dual citizenship with Finland. Believe they would have discussed that when we made the mistake of taking him where we did as they usually cover the top picks quite extensively.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Apparently his NAME is Finnish or his ancestors or something but he indeed IS from Abbotsford. Must of been thinking of Juolevi

He has a tattoo of the Finland flag on his forearm. He's a Finnish citizen. His ancestors are Finnish.

I'm pretty sure that makes him Finnish.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I can assure you that Virtanen has sucked ass as well. Maybe even much more than Lehkh this year.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Last game, I think, he scored SH, he's just not playing often.
i believe that was his first point since all the way on the 1rst of Feb. Thats insane. He brings almost no value offensively and this season his D has been subpar.

The guy just sucks hard this season

Reactions: The Great Weal

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He scored tonight and that other game he played and is excellent D, don't know what your mission is here.. Not his fault we're loaded at O dood
Which other game? Why do u ignore that he hasnt score in forever?

Hes always scratched so seems like the coaches agree that he has really struggled this season

Reactions: The Great Weal

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So trade a usefully player for a fence post of a player.

I thought vertanen was a decent player....so i kept focusing on him when he played the Habs...and was absolutely worthless. I looked up clueless and Vertanen picture appeared for the first 200 Google searches.

Worse trade suggestion this season by a mile. Weal for vertanen and Vancouver pays 70% of his salary might work.

Also, the Habs should buy a big box of paper because vertanen is going to spend a lot of time sitting in the press box and making paper airplanes.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Holy smokes, Finn vs fin
F7ECD9F1-53E5-4554-AA7C-F301B3CCDA6E.jpeg

11C38078-EFA3-4320-A81E-DAA64C41F183.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad