Proposal: Habs - Vancouver, Swap of troubled Fins

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I have no earthly idea why Montreal would consider this.

Ignoring the roles and responsibilities of both players and the fact that Virtanen has another year on his contract and Lehkonen doesn't (so they can just part with Lehkonen if they really wanted to), where the hell would Virtanen play for Montreal? He's a right shot winger. Montreal has Gallagher, Toffoli, Anderson, Armia, Perry and potentially Caufield as right shot wingers.

Virtanen is also Canadian.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Virtanen for Lehkonen

Both players are having poor year (4 pts each)

Are about the same age (lehkonen 25, Virtanen 24)

Both appear to be on the outs on their respective teams.
Your mixing up Virtanen with Juolevi. Jake is from ABBOTSFORD well Juolevi is the one ACTUALLY from Finland

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah, let's trade a bottom 6 winger who knows how to actually play defensively for one that has no cluw on how to do it, and has 2 years remaining on his contract.

Big fat no. We can just let Lehkhonen walk at the end of the year if we do not want to resign him. Virtanen is just bad.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Reactions: jd22

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Exactly what I thought, so the stupid title for the sake of being a stupid title other than just.

Habs-Nucks

Wasn't wrong he is a Finnish citizen.

Doesn't change the fact your trade offer is just ridiculous as the tittle tho...

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
We don't need this trade, plus Lehk is an excellent defensive fwd. I'd rather we keep him, I see him doing a great job in the playoffs.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
We don't need this trade, plus Lehk is an excellent defensive fwd. I'd rather we keep him, I see him doing a great job in the playoffs.

Missing open nets and shit.

Virtanen isn't a stud by anyways means, but if he gives a f*** for 3 shifts he's more useful than Lehkonen now.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Can someone explain to me why Cap friendly as both Canadian and Finish?

Jake Virtanen - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I'm aware he is born in BC. Also swapping troubled fins was just supposed to be a stupid title and has become the focus of the thread...
Apparently his NAME is Finnish or his ancestors or something but he indeed IS from Abbotsford. Must of been thinking of Juolevi

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Apparently his NAME is Finnish or his ancestors or something but he indeed IS from Abbotsford. Must of been thinking of Juolevi
tumblr_mpnsntBO2D1st3xfjo1_r1_500.gif

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Wait, is he a Finn tho ? I think he speaks Finnish

Also, could he play for team Finland ? If yes, then he is a Finn

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Pass from Vancouver, don't want an older player back who is undersized somewhat...we have enough of that on the team.

A pick or prospect is what I want back not a mid 20s player with a similar contract who plays a position we have 0 need for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad